First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Anticipation and Discussion
215159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/21/14
Episode 8

Ahahahaha, the ending was almost identical as episode 7.

Really had fun watching Herman in the latest episode whether he is womanizing some girl, getting trolled, or just being himself and fighting against that butt ugly Horror.
33924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/21/14


Deja vu
215159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/23/14 , edited 11/23/14
215159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/28/14
Episode 9


Damn that was sad.

I'm glad to see Alfonso become a Makai Knight. He earned my respect this episode but I feel bad for what happened to his master. I think to date, that horror was the most toughest one they have fought so far. I wonder if Leon's dad showed up if it would of made the difference. Oh well, he wasn't in sight this time but Leon and Alfonso make quite a tag team.

Hope they can stick around as partners from now on.
81837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 11/28/14
That didn't look like a Chimera to me. O.o

Great episode though aside from the continuity error concerning the reaper gate guards, I thought.
95158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/2/14

h9902014 wrote:

Man I like this show......I really do. But THIS A LOAD OF BS. You cant judge humans, you cant do JACK SHIT when u see humans doing worse crime than the actual horrors.

What garbage, their not heroes, they are people doing their jobs and that's fine I guess....it lessens the show for me though.


That's pretty common though.
Those entrusted with great power cannot be permitted to turn that power against those they are sworn to protect. It becomes too easy to cross the line and set yourself above the rest of humanity. One knight could probably crush and army and make themselves king, passing judgement on all those who were sinners in his eyes. His tyrany would never end, even though he felt he was going it for the good of society, because Human beings are not as simple as a man eating monster.


These things eat people. You kill them and your job ends there. Those restictions keep them from meddling in human matters,




55581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14

Greylurker wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

Man I like this show......I really do. But THIS A LOAD OF BS. You cant judge humans, you cant do JACK SHIT when u see humans doing worse crime than the actual horrors.

What garbage, their not heroes, they are people doing their jobs and that's fine I guess....it lessens the show for me though.


That's pretty common though.
Those entrusted with great power cannot be permitted to turn that power against those they are sworn to protect. It becomes too easy to cross the line and set yourself above the rest of humanity. One knight could probably crush and army and make themselves king, passing judgement on all those who were sinners in his eyes. His tyrany would never end, even though he felt he was going it for the good of society, because Human beings are not as simple as a man eating monster.


These things eat people. You kill them and your job ends there. Those restictions keep them from meddling in human matters,






No offense man, but I completely disagree. No one is asking then to go out and judge all of humanity, but if CRIME is happening right in front of you and you dont stop it despite having the power to do so, then it's wrong plain and simple. I also dont think its right to assume just because one has power that he automatically falls into tyranny.
95158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/2/14

h9902014 wrote:


Greylurker wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

Man I like this show......I really do. But THIS A LOAD OF BS. You cant judge humans, you cant do JACK SHIT when u see humans doing worse crime than the actual horrors.

What garbage, their not heroes, they are people doing their jobs and that's fine I guess....it lessens the show for me though.


That's pretty common though.
Those entrusted with great power cannot be permitted to turn that power against those they are sworn to protect. It becomes too easy to cross the line and set yourself above the rest of humanity. One knight could probably crush and army and make themselves king, passing judgement on all those who were sinners in his eyes. His tyrany would never end, even though he felt he was going it for the good of society, because Human beings are not as simple as a man eating monster.


These things eat people. You kill them and your job ends there. Those restictions keep them from meddling in human matters,






No offense man, but I completely disagree. No one is asking then to go out and judge all of humanity, but if CRIME is happening right in front of you and you dont stop it despite having the power to do so, then it's wrong plain and simple. I also dont think its right to assume just because one has power that he automatically falls into tyranny.


but it is very easy to do so.

The power was given to protect humans from monsters, not to judge humans.

The line exists to prevent the possibility of abuse. Not every person would sucome to it but the line exists to limit the possibility of it.


you seem the same ideas in Claymore. The Claymores exist to hunt Yoma and are forbidden from harming humans. Teressa disobeyed that law most spectacularly (and I don't disagree with her decision to do so.) but she crossed the line and had to be put down.


It's the same line that makes the difference between a vigilante and a police officer.
The rules be they the fictional ones applied to characters like Garo or Claymore or the real world ones that apply to police exist to limit the boundries of the authority entrusted in them.

55581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14

Greylurker wrote:



but it is very easy to do so.

The power was given to protect humans from monsters, not to judge humans.

The line exists to prevent the possibility of abuse. Not every person would sucome to it but the line exists to limit the possibility of it.


you seem the same ideas in Claymore. The Claymores exist to hunt Yoma and are forbidden from harming humans. Teressa disobeyed that law most spectacularly (and I don't disagree with her decision to do so.) but she crossed the line and had to be put down.


It's the same line that makes the difference between a vigilante and a police officer.
The rules be they the fictional ones applied to characters like Garo or Claymore or the real world ones that apply to police exist to limit the boundries of the authority entrusted in them.




You say that and yet...look at the situation. Through the countless episodes of Garo, we've seen human commit so many wrong acts and yet.....what you're saying is do nothing...NOTHING. Nah I cant abide by that. Sure it limits the possibilities, but how much collateral damage are you willing to have as a result of that rule.


Oh..I have not seen Claymore. . You're making me want to watch it though. I'll probably give it a watch soon. So I cant comment on that.

IRL police officers would have the authority to put a stop to a lot of the things happening in GARO that the Makai knights just ignore. Police have limits but those limits are to prevent them from harming the innocent not the guilty. And it should be the same with vigilantes. Look at Batman...I love Batman, but do you know how many innocent lives he could have saved had he killed the joker, because of the line he draws for himself, he constantly let's the Joker live, only for the guy to kill more people.
81837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 12/2/14

h9902014 wrote:


You say that and yet...look at the situation. Through the countless episodes of Garo, we've seen human commit so many wrong acts and yet.....what you're saying is do nothing...NOTHING. Nah I cant abide by that. Sure it limits the possibilities, but how much collateral damage are you willing to have as a result of that rule.


Oh..I have not seen Claymore. . You're making me want to watch it though. I'll probably give it a watch soon. So I cant comment on that.

IRL police officers would have the authority to put a stop to a lot of the things happening in GARO that the Makai knights just ignore. Police have limits but those limits are to prevent them from harming the innocent not the guilty. And it should be the same with vigilantes. Look at Batman...I love Batman, but do you know how many innocent lives he could have saved, had he killed the joker, because of the line he draws for himself he constantly let's him live, only for him to kill more people.


I'm with you on this one man, but letting humans do whatever they want makes them horrors and keeps Makai knights/alchemists in business.
55581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14 , edited 12/2/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:


h9902014 wrote:


You say that and yet...look at the situation. Through the countless episodes of Garo, we've seen human commit so many wrong acts and yet.....what you're saying is do nothing...NOTHING. Nah I cant abide by that. Sure it limits the possibilities, but how much collateral damage are you willing to have as a result of that rule.


Oh..I have not seen Claymore. . You're making me want to watch it though. I'll probably give it a watch soon. So I cant comment on that.

IRL police officers would have the authority to put a stop to a lot of the things happening in GARO that the Makai knights just ignore. Police have limits but those limits are to prevent them from harming the innocent not the guilty. And it should be the same with vigilantes. Look at Batman...I love Batman, but do you know how many innocent lives he could have saved, had he killed the joker, because of the line he draws for himself he constantly let's him live, only for him to kill more people.


I'm with you on this one man, but letting humans do whatever they want makes them horrors and keeps Makai knights/alchemists in business.


, How could I forget, without that there is no show.
81837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 12/2/14

h9902014 wrote:

, How could I forget, without that there is no show.


Plus it gets German laid sooooooo, it's gotta be a good thing.

Also, Claymore is definitely worth a watch despite the ending... >.>
55581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/2/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

, How could I forget, without that there is no show.


Plus it gets German laid sooooooo, it's gotta be a good thing.

Also, Claymore is definitely worth a watch despite the ending... >.>



You know I'm actually pretty sure that would happen regardless.

I will Claymore a watch soon.
95158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 12/3/14 , edited 12/3/14
Claymore is pretty good

except the ending....ending is one of those ones they make up because the manga isn't finished.. You know the ones where everyone reveals their final forms, fight and then go their separate ways. it's enough to provide the audience with a sense of closure because but nothing actually gets resolved so people have to go to the manga because there won't be another season of the anime.
16491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Denver, Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/3/14

Greylurker wrote:

Claymore is pretty good

except the ending....ending is one of those ones they make up because the manga isn't finished.. You know the ones where everyone reveals their final forms, fight and then go their separate ways. it's enough to provide the audience with a sense of closure because but nothing actually gets resolved so people have to go to the manga because there won't be another season of the anime.


Just like Akame Ga Kill is doing now.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.