First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Why do people ship?
406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
pairing characters that have a certain chemistry together in a romantic relationship might mirror the shippers wish for romance in their life ......i guess.
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14

aeb0717 wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:



Just ignore him it's obvious that if it's anyone with a low IQ here it's him he can't even figure out why people just say "ship" in the first place or he's just a typical narcissist thinking it's cool to put other people down on the internet


He doesn't have a low IQ, his comment isn't particularly indicative of narcissism, and your insult of his intelligence is hypocritical. Attacking so-called "narcissists" and putting them down isn't cool, either.

Depending upon the people involved, I may put someone in their place, but I don't write anyone's attitude off as narcissism without a much more thorough evaluation.

P.S. I read over your newer thread before replying, so this is partly a response to that. I went ahead and tied them together for convenience, since I believe that this thread sparked the other.


mmhm okiedokie well I wasn't goin for "cool" it was more along the lines of annoyed as I can't stand people like that and yes this sparked the other thread your awesome for noticing that =]
37057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
Because if we don't, then who else will?
1294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England.
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14
to create things we will never get.
20644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
Is it so you can have somewhat interesting things to discuss among other fans? Would you still ship if you had noone to discuss it with?
27504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14


Well it's true, so yes, really.
27504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14


That is by far the worst rationalisation I've ever heard. Just because some words have "ship" at the end such as your examples, doesn't mean that it should be the default word referring to a couple or potential couple. No matter what you say, "pairing" makes more sense than "shipping" in this case and is terminology correct. Why use the incorrect word when you can just as easily use the correct word? LOW IQ. But I guess everybody is entitled to their opinions. Also "the love boat" has nothing to do with anime, so that was a pointless comparison.
27504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14


Yet you're subtly saying I'm not allowed to voice my opinion (which is indeed correct), which is all I was doing. Pretty damned contradicting if you ask me.
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14

saksiss wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


saksiss wrote:


Penthos wrote:

How else would they get their packages?


Touche'! Can't believe there are so many people who use "ship" instead of the grammatically correct term "pairing".
Guess most anime fans have low IQ's. I feel privileged to be part of the small faction with you smart guys!


Tone down the narcissism kitten we don't all have the guts to put other people down on the internet like you do.


Yet you're subtly saying I'm not allowed to voice my opinion (which is indeed correct), which is all I was doing. Pretty damned contradicting if you ask me.


good thing i didn't ask you lol but whatever bud I don't care anymore
27504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14


Well you clearly do otherwise you wouldn't be replying. But good day.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
because this
23236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
Because when a show gives two people great chemistry like this



but it becomes clear that they have no intention of going anywhere with it. We have to do this



and it just feels right and beautiful. ... it can also be funny.

9817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 6/22/14

saksiss wrote:



That is by far the worst rationalisation I've ever heard. Just because some words have "ship" at the end such as your examples, doesn't mean that it should be the default word referring to a couple or potential couple. No matter what you say, "pairing" makes more sense than "shipping" in this case and is terminology correct. Why use the incorrect word when you can just as easily use the correct word? LOW IQ. But I guess everybody is entitled to their opinions. Also "the love boat" has nothing to do with anime, so that was a pointless comparison.


How about this? You have your head lodged so far up your own rectum that you think your standing right-side up.

You give the impression that you believe that terminology is set in stone, that new words and meanings do not or cannot arise in time. Fool. You ought to know better than that. We aren't speaking Latin or any other dead language, after all. Goodness, English is a bastardized wreck of haphazardly mashed languages. Do you think other languages aren't messes in their current form, too?

Also, you're mistakenly assuming that the terminology and anime directly correlate, without any outside influence. Once again; fool. Do you string together unique words and phrases after watching movies, without utilizing any knowledge procured from other sources? If so, how often? Why do you apparently assume that "shipping" is so special as to not also be influenced by cultural society or anything else?

The use of a single word accurately determines intelligence? Again; fool. Reality is just around the corner, and I recommend that you visit sometime.

I provided the absolute worst rationalization you've heard? You possess a markedly powerful selective memory, or an incredibly dull life.

Go ahead and continue to whine about "shipping." You're merely a stubborn beast pitifully denying the reality of change.




My previous words are molded by an assumption of you being serious, of course. Either way, I lack the patience to further entertain your childish antics. I'm not terribly gregarious, you see. All of my previous questions are rhetorical, and don't expect me to respond to any more of your prodding. I will ignore you. Believe what you will, though.
585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Center-of-US
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14
*ducking below the fire

I guess my 2 cents is that shipping is a normal part of being engaged in something. For example, with war stories, one might wonder "what if the other side one?" Although previous posts bring up good points like living vicariously and such.

Shows really should do more pairings themselves though; I think that by trying not to disappoint some fans, they're being mediocre to all fans. Put something out there, and if a flame war begins, all the better... probably.
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
To day i found someone pairing Orochimaru x Tenten. I mean seriously how does that even work? I can't find any chemistry between them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.