First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
What are some unique\non-cliche anime characters?
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14
Nakamura/Kasuga/Saeki from Flowers of Evil.

Rintarou Okabe/Kurisu Makise from SteinsGate.

Most characters from Hunter x Hunter.
165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/21/14
Kagetane from Black Bullet.
4631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

aeb0717 wrote:

Well, for me, just about the most unique character that comes to mind is Claire Stanfield of Baccano.


Oh, yes that character, it's been a long time since I've last seen that anime
7035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / The Jeager basement
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Jack Vessalius from Pandora Hearts. Ooooh my God.

In the anime, he is 100% cliche. Mysterious, pretty man who gives strange hints to the protagonist. Then we learn he's the biggest hero from the past who saved everyone. Wow, coulda never guessed that one!...

But in the manga... you learn some things about him that make you want to throw the book across the room. But you don't do that, so you can keep reading. It may take a number of volumes to get here, but it's totally worth it. The series gets better and better every volume, and I am still not sure of how I feel about Jack.
14641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Lain from Serial Experiments Lain


38388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Jean Kirschstein and Armin Arlet from Shingeki no Kyojin. :)

I'd be lying if I put Rivaille instead.
1557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Academy City
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

aeb0717 wrote:

Well, for me, just about the most unique character that comes to mind is Claire Stanfield of Baccano.


Unique is one word to describe him....along with a few others...
Also, would Mako from Kill la Kill count?
2296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shiganshina District
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

qualeshia3 wrote:

Jean Kirschstein and Armin Arlet from Shingeki no Kyojin. :)

I'd be lying if I put Rivaille instead.


I think I will agree with this although Armin is very close from being a Simon (Gurren Lagann)
38388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14


Ah, I see.
22366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

aeb0717 wrote:

Well, for me, just about the most unique character that comes to mind is Claire Stanfield of Baccano.


I know I'm I the minority, but I absolutely loath that character.

He isn't so much unique or cliche as he is informed Martin Sue. The author used him very well, but he served that role and is now a retired side character.

I much prefer Ladd Russo, whose loss only compounded his character superiority with the addition of some much needed humanity. Hell, Ladd is a hell of a unique character himself.

Just...of all the characters in Durarasa and Baccano, Claire Stanfield is the laziest and most insultingly bad character among them.

My siblings agreed right off the bat, but we're in the minority with this. Oddly, of Claire was Black, I'd love the hell out of him.
baofu 
53499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Meruem from Hunter X Hunter. Imagine if Cell took over a 3rd world dictatorship, kicked everyone's butt, and then
8710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Online
Posted 7/22/14


I listed who I consider the most unique character that I've seen, and Claire's solipsist idealogy and conductor hobby puts him over the bar, in my book. As for Ladd... Although he's my favorite character in the show, I've seen and read about too many characters with comparable dispositions to rate his strangeness over Claire's.
7678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14
kurumi tokisaki

koko kaga
14361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Shortbread Land
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Sonokawa, Momoka- Sabagebu



Kagari, Ayaka- Witch Craft Works



Jean Kirstein- Shingeki no Kyojin



19260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Disboard world of...
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

abyssborn wrote:

Jack Vessalius from Pandora Hearts. Ooooh my God.

In the anime, he is 100% cliche. Mysterious, pretty man who gives strange hints to the protagonist. Then we learn he's the biggest hero from the past who saved everyone. Wow, coulda never guessed that one!...

But in the manga... you learn some things about him that make you want to throw the book across the room. But you don't do that, so you can keep reading. It may take a number of volumes to get here, but it's totally worth it. The series gets better and better every volume, and I am still not sure of how I feel about Jack.



lol ikr, manga suddenly took a WOAH twist on me there lol I think another non-cliche character for me would be Sora from No game no life, at least for me, was the first time I saw someone who doesn't care if he main character as long as he wins at least that how i view him
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.