First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
A Question About Love
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

demongurrl13 wrote:

Well, what exactly is love?


Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14

Kavalion wrote:

If you're doing it selflessly, then presumably you only care about what the other person thinks and not about your own opinion about whether or not something is despicable, eh?


So you would give a plate of shit to someone and call that love because just maybe they might like it?



30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Here's an ideal.
Lets all just assume "love" is a real thing and focus on the other parts of the question.
Posted 6/21/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

Here's an ideal.
Lets all just assume "love" is a real thing and focus on the other parts of the question.


this is going to become one of those annoying threats that talk about what qualifies and what doesn't
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

demongurrl13 wrote:


CoffeeGodEddy wrote:

No. Just because you hate yourself doesn't mean a person can't genuinely love or care about someone else and put them completely before themself. The whole love yourself or you don't understand love is BS. It's like saying just because you cannot cry doesn't mean you cannot experience grief or sorrow, which of course is untrue. Just my thought on the matter.


Your analogy is completely wrong, thus useless in making your point.

The proper analogy would be if you can't feel sorrow or grief, you would then be unable to sympathize with others. In which case, that would be correct.


Well aren't you rather rude. Agree to disagree.
Sogno- 
45654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14

Phersu wrote:


Sogno- wrote:

An Answer


You. You have just won. But I have lost. The game.


dang it now i lost the game too curse you Phersu
1920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / Candyland
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
I think you can hate yourself but love someone. However, I think it was suppose to mean that if you don't treat yourself right then how can you with another being?

The bigger question is: what kind of love is it? There are many types and forms of love. Definitions of it as well.
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14
I don't think one necessarily rules out the other. Just because you love some doesn't mean you absolutely love yourself or vise versa, it's a matter of degrees. All or nothing or something in between? I bet it's more the latter than the former.
13791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hideout #13
Offline
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14
No, they removed that checkbox from that form. I mean the form you have to fill when applying for loving someone.
It's not required to love yourself anymore to pass.
Last time I checked it was there, but recently co-worker printed a copy for his sister and apparently it's not needed already.
So you may proceed regardless.
11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
Loving oneself is something that comes naturally to everyone. You come out of the womb loving yourself. I'd say learning to not love yourself is a larger challenge.
13791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hideout #13
Offline
Posted 6/22/14

severticas wrote:
i wanna be federer!


Million apologies to everyone for offtopikking, but I just have to know: this your motto line - is it supposed to be shouted in rhythm of "I wanna be kennedy" of eponymous u96 track?! (This is how I read it and it makes it even more cool! :D)
Posted 6/22/14 , edited 6/22/14
Never loved another person except my family and that's only because they are my blood (sometimes I want to bitch slap my brother though) so I don't know and probably will never know
2698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
back in high school, i loved my high school crush, but i hated my self, because i never thought i could live up to her expectations. But i did love her.
9641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
Love: An intense feeling of deep affection - google.
13129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/14
While it is easier to maintain a healthy relationship if you have decent self-esteem, it is not required. I think saying that if you don't love yourself, you have no way of knowing what love is, is a very silly concept. I don't think most people would love themselves the way they love a significant other or even family...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.