First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Senpai or Sempai?
7543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reincarnated in A...
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Topic with no point
Don't think any less of me
I'm really bored now.



Which do you think flows off the tongue better in romance: Senpai or Sempai?
And yes, there is a difference! Learn it!
37412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14
Senpai.
/thread
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
samurai
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14
Kouhai. Why? Because...

24647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

Which do you think flows off the tongue better in romance: Senpai or Sempai?
And yes, there is a difference! Learn it!
Senpai. Unless you are huked on fonix, in that case sempai is fine.

153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14
senpai because theres no plain "m" character but there is an "n" character.

also it's kind of the official romajii and the spelling on wikipedia n stuff
7543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reincarnated in A...
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

zebrathinker wrote:

senpai because theres no plain "m" character but there is an "n" character.

also it's kind of the official romajii and the spelling on wikipedia n stuff



That may be true, but the fact that you said that out loud shows your lack of imagination.

Now, I want you to find a picture of Yoshida Haru on Google Images, blow it up full screen, and record yourself saying
"Senpai, I love you!" and "Sempai, I love you!". It might take a few dozen tries to get it right, but the end result will be well worth it.
Next, keep alternately play each audio recording until you hear that faint difference.
Once you've done that, then come back here and tell me which is "official" and Wiki-approved.
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

That may be true, but the fact that you said that out loud shows your lack of imagination.

Now, I want you to find a picture of Yoshida Haru on Google Images, blow it up full screen, and record yourself saying
"Senpai, I love you!" and "Sempai, I love you!". It might take a few dozen tries to get it right, but the end result will be well worth it.
Next, keep alternately play each audio recording until you hear that faint difference.
Once you've done that, then come back here and tell me which is "official" and Wiki-approved.


japanese pronunciation isnt about imagination you dang fool

it's about

uh

proper placement of consonants? i dont know. something. im trying to make my one semester of japanese count for somethin u know?

anyway i will not be tricked into doing a cutesy anime voice!! because...... i am the senpai.
10166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
senpai. I think it sounds better.
7543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reincarnated in A...
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

zebrathinker wrote:


TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

That may be true, but the fact that you said that out loud shows your lack of imagination.

Now, I want you to find a picture of Yoshida Haru on Google Images, blow it up full screen, and record yourself saying
"Senpai, I love you!" and "Sempai, I love you!". It might take a few dozen tries to get it right, but the end result will be well worth it.
Next, keep alternately play each audio recording until you hear that faint difference.
Once you've done that, then come back here and tell me which is "official" and Wiki-approved.


japanese pronunciation isnt about imagination you dang fool

it's about

uh

proper placement of consonants? i dont know. something. im trying to make my one semester of japanese count for somethin u know?

anyway i will not be tricked into doing a cutesy anime voice!! because...... i am the senpai.




Ahahaha... Sorry, "Senpai"

Yeah, I'm not stupid (though I am an idiot). The whole nonexistent point of this was to see what pronunciation fit better- not which was proper.
Why?
Because,
THESE ARE THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES THAT SEPARATE "KAWAII" FROM "MOE"!!!

besides, [just because I wanted to hear your anime voice] doesn't mean you have to get all personal about this.
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:




Ahahaha... Sorry, "Senpai"

Yeah, I'm not stupid (though I am an idiot). The whole nonexistent point of this was to see what pronunciation fit better- not which was proper.
Why?
Because,
THESE ARE THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES THAT SEPARATE "KAWAII" FROM "MOE"!!!

besides, [just because I wanted to hear your anime voice] doesn't mean you have to get all personal about this.


oh no im not getting personal

this is an anime forum i could not possibly get less personal, i wasnt being serious! heh
7543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Reincarnated in A...
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14

zebrathinker wrote:


TripleBakaKimidori wrote:




Ahahaha... Sorry, "Senpai"

Yeah, I'm not stupid (though I am an idiot). The whole nonexistent point of this was to see what pronunciation fit better- not which was proper.
Why?
Because,
THESE ARE THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCES THAT SEPARATE "KAWAII" FROM "MOE"!!!

besides, [just because I wanted to hear your anime voice] doesn't mean you have to get all personal about this.


oh no im not getting personal

this is an anime forum i could not possibly get less personal, i wasnt being serious! heh



Then....then...!
Does that mean you'll go through with the "Senpai~"- "Sempai~" simulation?!
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
Onee-Chan!
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/21/14

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:


Then....then...!
Does that mean you'll go through with the "Senpai~"- "Sempai~" simulation?!


that i was deadly serious about
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 6/21/14
sudoku
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.