First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Trans* Community
Posted 6/21/14

Jsybird2532 wrote:

second I have no damn clue


Of course. Everything about people is continuous. But we narrow it down because of the most unnatural mathematics, statistics.
Posted 6/21/14

Jsybird2532 wrote:

Because people like to chose a word to identify themselves that they feel comfortable using? I don't see why you would need to have a problem with it, just ask them how they identify. Putting people into boxes yourself is generally dehumanizing anyway, so let them choose the box if they really feel the need.


Maybe you should reread that post and see I have no problem with people coming up with 7+ titles for something, just that I don't see the point in doing it. People can call themselves whatever they want to, doesn't mean I understand coming up with a bunch of words for the same thing.
31372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14

Charizam wrote:


Jsybird2532 wrote:

Because people like to chose a word to identify themselves that they feel comfortable using? I don't see why you would need to have a problem with it, just ask them how they identify. Putting people into boxes yourself is generally dehumanizing anyway, so let them choose the box if they really feel the need.


Maybe you should reread that post and see I have no problem with people coming up with 7+ titles for something, just that I don't see the point in doing it. People can call themselves whatever they want to, doesn't mean I understand coming up with a bunch of words for the same thing.


Yes but in their mind, words you might consider the same, like agender and neutrois, or transvestite and crossdresser, AREN'T the same. Or maybe there's some sort of connotation to the word you're using, or maybe they'd use that particular word to identify a somewhat different class of people they don't identify with.

In the end, it's safe to just let em chose the word.
Posted 6/21/14

Jsybird2532 wrote:

Yes but in their mind, words you might consider the same, like agender and neutrois, or transvestite and crossdresser, AREN'T the same. Or maybe there's some sort of connotation to the word you're using, or maybe they'd use that particular word to identify a somewhat different class of people they don't identify with.

In the end, it's safe to just let em chose the word.


If the word means the same exact thing as the other, sorry, but it's just another word for the other. Also, just looked up neutrois, and it's literally another word for agender.

It's great and all that people have different 'meanings' for things that already have clear-cut definitions, but it doesn't really matter. Never said they couldn't choose what to label themselves. I literally just said I see no point in coming up with several words that mean the same thing. Just me. Only me. That is my opinion.

Now, I'm done with this conversation because most internet disagreements there really is never a resolution and it just goes in circles and this already has literally gone full circle with me restating my opinion to you, so I'm just going to end it here.
31372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Connecticut
Offline
Posted 6/21/14 , edited 6/21/14

Charizam wrote:

It's great and all that people have different 'meanings' for things that already have clear-cut definitions, but it doesn't really matter. Never said they couldn't choose what to label themselves. I literally just said I see no point in coming up with several words that mean the same thing. Just me. Only me. That is my opinion.

Now, I'm done with this conversation because most internet disagreements there really is never a resolution and it just goes in circles and this already has literally gone full circle with me restating my opinion to you, so I'm just going to end it here.


I wasn't going to actually, I finished my point and totally get your logic albeit I disagree ofc. But good grief you should see the feminist conversations on this forum, if you want to talk about circular disagreements, go to those threads!

Kinda sad in a way that feminism is put down the way it is today...that movement, which broke down gender considerably on both sides is effectively what enabled the trans movement and the LGB movements to come out of the closet in recent years, meh.
Posted 6/23/14
I hear a lot of people saying... if you are born x gender, then you are x... you can't be y, regardless of what you identify yourself with.

I don't really agree with that belief, as most people who hold that belief are not even trans themselves. So they can't possibly describe what it's like to identify with a different gender than what you are born with. It's like me trying to describe what pregnancy feels like... I can only do it on superficial levels... can't really describe the "true" feeling of pregnancy.

I think people should be identified with the gender that they themselves identify with, not the biological gender.

It's a simple logic, really, it's not rocket science. Like if I was forced to have breasts, and be identified as female, I wouldn't be happy because I identify with being male...

588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
I think trannys are funny looking
20478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
I don't know much about Transgenderism, but from my perspective it seems superficial. If surgery can evolve to change someone's genes from XX to XY or vice versa, or if it can make a biological male ovulate or a biological female produce fertile sperm, however, I may reconsider it.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/14 , edited 6/24/14
darn i was thinkin Transformer all along oh hail michael bay
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/25/14
haha this thread really got off the rails and turned into something unsafe and tragically unfunny thanks guys

45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/14


Yes.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.