Should Younger Generations Take the Blame/Answer from the Mistakes of Their Older Generations?
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
Should Younger Generations Take the Blame/Answer from the Mistakes of Their Older Generations?

This topic pertains on racism and how we handle it, even in different social medium like Youtube.

There's a new trailer featuring 2014 American satire drama film "Dear White People."
And a bunch of different views is being posted.

e.g.,



It's hard to ignore this. Not to mention, not all views are welcome.
Why is that?
For the lack of better word or my ability, let's use it anyway, is "anger" being misdirected?
Is that "anger" being used by the wrong individual/group/being?
Posted 6/23/14
Well I would side with black people on this one, I think they deserve a few free shots at the whites for the slavery thing, and maybe the unfair treatment they still face today. Is it right to disregard any well thought out point of view? no. Should I give internet racists my ear just because they feel self righteous? no. Will they talk regardless? yes. Will people dare to agree with them? yes. The uneducated are like moths, they react to flare and fireworks, not well thought out, educated opinion.
26428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14 , edited 6/23/14
I agree that the anger is misdirected. Slavery and segregation was instigated by an older generation that is pretty much slowly dying off, so it wouldn't be fair to put the blame on or apologize to the later generations who hadn't lived through it.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 6/25/14 , edited 6/25/14

Chopsuey9444 wrote:

I agree that the anger is misdirected. Slavery and segregation was instigated by an older generation that is pretty much slowly dying off, so it wouldn't be fair to put the blame on or apologize to the later generations who hadn't lived through it.

I'm just responding to your post just to bump up this thread. I'm sorry.

It's kinda weird that when you need it there's not much response.
I'm talking about the intelligent CR users that habitually contribute in the Extended Discussion.
What happened? Is this topic not good enough? How come I only got two people responding?
Is the topic too uncomfortable?


Anyway, younger black generation claims that they are still oppressed, that they still have this right to have this "anger"; and, to make it worse, they misdirect this "anger" to the younger white generations. How can you claim that "anger" when you did not even experience it? Is it even right to inherit an "anger"? The one that should claim this "anger" is the older generation, right? The one that actually got mistreated, physically abused, verbally abused, neglected, prosecuted wrongfully, etc.
We have to respect one another. Learn and be aware of past histories. Like in court, they can't use your past crimes against you in relation to the new crime(s) you committed. The past crimes are done. You served the time. Clean slate, till you fucked yourself up again.

---- meh. I'm just rambling. ----

In this day and age, I don't even think America has black vs white issue. I think it's black AND white vs the rest issue.

We have Black History Month because whites and blacks make a big deal about it. But, not a lot of people even know that May is also Asian Pacific Heritage Month. Nope. It's either Haitian Heritage or Cinco de Mayo.


---- I don't know, man. If I keep rambling because of all of these stuff of my head, I might come up as a villain to others. So, I should stop. Instead of staying on topic, it could derailed for me being the worse human being. I got these thoughts. They are not popular nor common, but they are thoughts. And I know I'm not the first one who thought about these things. They are not common but there are there. These make me human.

And a human is to err. ----
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 6/26/14

onibrotonel wrote:

If black people would just stop feeling so discriminated by white people then there wouldn't be a problem
If an abled person jokingly imitates the mentally disabled, it's not the same as a mentally disabled person trying to imitate the able minded.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 6/26/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:

If black people would just stop feeling so discriminated by white people then there wouldn't be a problem
If an abled person jokingly imitates the mentally disabled, it's not the same as a mentally disabled person trying to imitate the able minded.


Did I actually post that somewhere?

I don't remember posting that with .
8351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/14 , edited 6/26/14

Slaughterhose69 wrote:

Well I would side with black people on this one, I think they deserve a few free shots at the whites for the slavery thing, and maybe the unfair treatment they still face today. Is it right to disregard any well thought out point of view? no. Should I give internet racists my ear just because they feel self righteous? no. Will they talk regardless? yes. Will people dare to agree with them? yes. The uneducated are like moths, they react to flare and fireworks, not well thought out, educated opinion.


So black people deserve to take shots at white people because of Racism and slavery in the past?

I get the feeling this is the wrong way to go and instead of closing the gap between the races it only exasperates the division and that's not healthy for any society.

I will say however that people should take responsibility for their own lives and not the lives of their parents or even their grandparents. A society wherein we judge someone by their character and not the colour of their skin or lineage. One might call it medieval to judge the child for the sins of the father.
HelloKitty Muffin'King Moderator
98312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Mocha / Keurig Ma...
Offline
Posted 6/27/14


OP wants it closeddd likeeee pronto!

And you shall have your wish!

~Locked and closed! ^^!~
You must be logged in to post.