First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Are all humans related to each other?
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.

Explain your opinion in great detail.
Throw evolution, religion, philosophy, and etc at me to prove your point if you have to.

_____________________________________________________________________

Because of this, discrimination and hate overall seems a little...silly.

______________________________________________________________________

Enjoy!
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14

-Gothique- wrote:

Yes, we are. Everyone alive today are at least 50th cousins to one another.

We Are All Related - Vsauce



Nice to see someone mention Vsauce.
Posted 6/23/14
Yes, we're one happy incestuous family.
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/23/14

SoldierSangria wrote:

Yes, we're one happy incestuous family.


Muahahahaha.
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:

Yes, we're one happy incestuous family.


Muahahahaha.



That makes it even more hilarious.
9791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14 , edited 6/24/14
Yes. During the last six years or so, I've repeatedly read and heard that humans from all over the globe are more genetically similar to each other than two chimpanzees from the same troupe. I'm therefore inclined to believe that we barely dodged extinction at some point in the ancient past, and that the great level of incest needed to save our species is why it's more dangerous for us to inbreed than many other species. Even lion prides that frequently engage in close-kin incest fare distinctively better than what would occur if we were to attempt such a thing.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Twin Cities, Minn...
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
Hello cousins.
72866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/23/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:

Yes, we're one happy incestuous family.


Muahahahaha.



That makes it even more hilarious.


Yessssss! Totally.
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
You see I got these bills. Would you mind pay them for me because we're family? Thanks. I'll leave the billing address at your GB.

If you do this, I'll owe you a favor.

42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14

Exerorg wrote:

Hello cousins.


Hey there!
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 6/23/14 , edited 6/23/14
if you go back far enough, we will all eventually have a common ancestor that connects us all
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 6/23/14
i'm pretty sure Vsauce made a video about this, though
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/23/14



9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 6/23/14 , edited 6/23/14
yes we are all connected if you go back far enough

but

THAT WAS LIKE 4 BILLION YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

according to science, (which i tend to disagree with almost 90% of the time) MORE THAN A FUCK TON OF THINGS CAN AND WILL CHANGE SINCE THEN


according to some the birth of the world and humanity happened about 10,000 years ago


BUT STILL A LOT SHIT CAN HAPPEN DURING THAT MUCH TIME


EDIT
=====

+ war, racism, sexism, and all other sort of "conflict" type things (which are not occurring to me now, at this time) were created at the time when there was the birth of Nations, and some sort of Hierarchy
12453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/14 , edited 6/23/14

Anamalous wrote:

yes we are all connected if you go back far enough

but

THAT WAS LIKE 4 BILLION YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Um, no. I can't possibly let that stand. 4 Billion years is the age of the earth. Humans as we are date from about 200,000 years ago, at least from the fossil record.

Also, cool fact. Long ago in prehistoric times there was a huge plague that nearly wiped us all out and only the individuals with really aggressive immune systems survived. This is why we have so many allergies.

Anyway... Racism actually makes a lot of sense. Babies are racist. It's because they need to be able to recognize members of their own family/tribe, who should look similar to mommy. Then there is a sort of basic imperative to carry on the genes of the family.

Discrimination and hate probably have a lot to do with early resource scarcity. We may have made that worse in modern times because capitalism based around scarcity, and we even engineer it in some cases to increase competition and maximize profitability.

And of course it is much harder to love everyone and act with perfect compassion than it is to hate and discriminate even just a little, so very few people are able to choose that path.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.