First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Are all humans related to each other?
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/14

severticas wrote:

this is not even slightly interesting.


Dude, you gotta explain.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 6/24/14
Forgoing all religious nonsense. Yes we are related. As other have stated in more words than I am willing to type out today.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

Forgoing all religious nonsense. Yes we are related. As other have stated in more words than I am willing to type out today.


Okay then.
Posted 6/24/14
This is actually an interesting topic. Hats off to you OP.

And hello! My close, but distant family members.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 6/24/14
They've genetically determined that all blue-eyed people share a common ancestry.

I remember reading that they figured the Americas (both) were initially colonized by less than 70 people.

They say 1 in 200 men are descended from Genghis Khan.

I also remember reading somewhere that they concluded every person alive was in some way indirectly related to royalty of some sort, but I either didn't see or don't remember the evidence for it.
Posted 6/24/14 , edited 6/24/14

minatothegreatjiraiya wrote:


Not overzealous.

Read here for debunk: http://ncse.com/book/export/html/11831

Important points to note from the website:

"Yolked into it: Removing yolk from photographs of embryos makes them look much more like Haeckel's drawings.
p. 66: Haeckel … show[ed] that [vertebrate] embryos … were very similar during their earliest stages.

Historians have shown that Haeckel meant something different by "earliest stages" of an embryo than modern authors, but the book uses the confusing translation to create a straw man. Haeckel was aware of divergence in early stages of embryos, and like modern embryologists, was aware that these divergences are driven in part by factors like the amount of yolk, not by fundamentally different developmental processes."





Even if his images are inaccurate, my point still stands, without studying embryology, the average person would not be able to tell the difference between a cow embryo to a human embryo, because they are similar due to the presence of gill sacs and a tailbone.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/14

Urboistar wrote:

This is actually an interesting topic. Hats off to you OP.

And hello! My close, but distant family members.



Hello kinfolk!
Posted 6/25/14
Evolution for me.. So I'd assume so. If we all pretty much came from 1 cell we'd have to be in some form.

Probably so small it doesn't even matter though.
Posted 6/25/14 , edited 6/25/14

Hayagriva wrote:

They've genetically determined that all blue-eyed people share a common ancestry.

I remember reading that they figured the Americas (both) were initially colonized by less than 70 people.

They say 1 in 200 men are descended from Genghis Khan.

I also remember reading somewhere that they concluded every person alive was in some way indirectly related to royalty of some sort, but I either didn't see or don't remember the evidence for it.


Yep. Blue Eyes are a mutation. Or I guess you can say was
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/14
Yes...for we all come from our father Adam
29939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Britland
Online
Posted 6/25/14
We wouldn't be of the same species if we didn't have a common ancestor.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

MoonHitler wrote:

We wouldn't be of the same species if we didn't have a common ancestor.



Interesting.
17508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

FrigidLife wrote:


demongurrl13 wrote:

Do I really have to be related to all of you? Lol..


Exactly what I was thinking. To think that I have relations to some of the world's most terrible criminals.



Or world's biggest idiots.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

Nalaniel wrote:


FrigidLife wrote:


demongurrl13 wrote:

Do I really have to be related to all of you? Lol..


Exactly what I was thinking. To think that I have relations to some of the world's most terrible criminals.



Or world's biggest idiots.



But think of all the awesome people that you're related to instead.
17508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 6/25/14


You're right. But there are more idiots than geniuses.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.