First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply UPDATED New Titles & Catalog Titles! Crunchyroll Manga 2.0 Mobile Update!
141950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

darlingdanichan wrote:


stark700 wrote:

So...with twitter, we can stay up to alert with the updates?

Also, why do all the manga series show only chapter 1 right now?


Yes, we will be updating the Twitter whenever we update site-news.

Chapter one and the most recent simul-pubbed chapters are free for free users, can you explain what issue you're experiencing?


I can't find some of the most recent chapters for the manga I've been following

The Seven Deadly Sins for example.
PauPow 
15012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

darlingdanichan wrote:


PauPow wrote:


darlingdanichan wrote:


delRhode wrote:

Great to hear there's a new version... but, Amazon's app store still shows version 1.4.0 at the moment. Any chance the new version works with the Kindle Fire HD/HDX models now?


You can currently download the Android app for Kindle and use it, however we are not officially supported on Kindle. We are working on getting the update on the Amazon app store.



How do you download an android app on kindle?


The app that is currently on the Kindle is the Android app. We do not have a Kindle app for Crunchyroll Manga.


Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately it says "the app is not compatible with your device" (kindle fire hdx here). I hope you guys can add compatibility for kindle. Still good to see this update.
9179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 6/25/14

jmeyer1980 wrote:

On my iphone 5, the bookmarking system is broke. I cannot remove bookmarks from chapters.

The steps I take to recreate this issue:
1. open the crunchyroll manga app.
2. tap on bookmarks
3. open the ONLY bookmark on the screen (yes I only have one bookmark.)
4. I remove the bookmark by tapping on the blue bookmark icon on the top right corner of the screen. Please note that the icon turns GREY when I tap on it... confirming removal of bookmark.
5. I swipe through a few pages and go back to the page that used to be bookmarked to verify that the icon is STILL GREY.
6. I tap on the X icon on the upper left corner of the screen to leave the chapter and go back to the bookmarks section of the app.
7. The same chapter that I removed the bookmark from is still there.
8. I tap on the bookmarked chapter
9. The bookmark icon in the top right corner of the screen is blue again.
10. goto step 4 and continue to repeat until you become insane.

The new tags do not go away after reading the new chapters. This kind of defeats the purpose of having the new tag on the chapter to begin with.

And the guide mode interface does not fade out like it should. So the exit guide button, exit chapter button, title, and bookmarking button all stick around while in guide mode.


Note that killing/force-closing the app does not fix these issues.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not fix these issues.

Logging out and back in does not fix these issues.

Shutting down and restarting the device does not fix these issues.

Manga Brand Manager
17271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

PauPow wrote:


darlingdanichan wrote:


PauPow wrote:


darlingdanichan wrote:


delRhode wrote:

Great to hear there's a new version... but, Amazon's app store still shows version 1.4.0 at the moment. Any chance the new version works with the Kindle Fire HD/HDX models now?


You can currently download the Android app for Kindle and use it, however we are not officially supported on Kindle. We are working on getting the update on the Amazon app store.



How do you download an android app on kindle?


The app that is currently on the Kindle is the Android app. We do not have a Kindle app for Crunchyroll Manga.


Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately it says "the app is not compatible with your device" (kindle fire hdx here). I hope you guys can add compatibility for kindle. Still good to see this update.


It's something I definitely want for the future of CR Manga as well! Thanks for the support and your questions!
Manga Brand Manager
17271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

jmeyer1980 wrote:


jmeyer1980 wrote:

On my iphone 5, the bookmarking system is broke. I cannot remove bookmarks from chapters.

The steps I take to recreate this issue:
1. open the crunchyroll manga app.
2. tap on bookmarks
3. open the ONLY bookmark on the screen (yes I only have one bookmark.)
4. I remove the bookmark by tapping on the blue bookmark icon on the top right corner of the screen. Please note that the icon turns GREY when I tap on it... confirming removal of bookmark.
5. I swipe through a few pages and go back to the page that used to be bookmarked to verify that the icon is STILL GREY.
6. I tap on the X icon on the upper left corner of the screen to leave the chapter and go back to the bookmarks section of the app.
7. The same chapter that I removed the bookmark from is still there.
8. I tap on the bookmarked chapter
9. The bookmark icon in the top right corner of the screen is blue again.
10. goto step 4 and continue to repeat until you become insane.

The new tags do not go away after reading the new chapters. This kind of defeats the purpose of having the new tag on the chapter to begin with.

And the guide mode interface does not fade out like it should. So the exit guide button, exit chapter button, title, and bookmarking button all stick around while in guide mode.


Note that killing/force-closing the app does not fix these issues.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app does not fix these issues.

Logging out and back in does not fix these issues.

Shutting down and restarting the device does not fix these issues.



We are looking into all of this currently. Sorry and thanks for your patience!
9179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 6/25/14 , edited 6/25/14

darlingdanichan wrote:


We are looking into all of this currently. Sorry and thanks for your patience!


Thank you for the response.
14682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 6/25/14
Thank God! Can't wait to try it!
9179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 6/25/14
Oh, just in case the info helps...

I CAN add new bookmarks, but I cannot delete any of them.

Also, the step where I said that I could verify that the blue bookmark icon turned grey after turning pages... was false. The icon changes back to blue when I return to that page.
35382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

darlingdanichan wrote:
You can currently download the Android app for Kindle and use it, however we are not officially supported on Kindle. We are working on getting the update on the Amazon app store.


Amazon won't let you download apps that aren't deemed compatible with your Kindle, and you can't use Google Play with a Kindle. The only way Kindle users can get the app is if someone uploads it to a file locker site.
17091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/14
Thank you for that. But, would CR please patch the hole in Arpeggio of Blue Steel?
8447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Hidden Village of...
Offline
Posted 6/25/14 , edited 6/25/14
It works really well on my iPhone 5s. But on my old iPod 4g it won't even let me read any chapter. The app just need more manga titles, if you do that I will upgrade to on All-Access Acount.
8133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/25/14
Works great on my iPad Mini. Thanks crunchyroll!
16239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/25/14 , edited 6/26/14

darlingdanichan wrote:

What device are you using?


It is a Ipod Touch 4th generation. The app crashes whenever I select a title or try to go to the bookmark page.

Edit: The sorting and searching features seems to work quite smoothly though, and I can access the settings and favourites pages. Also, it is iOS 6.1.6.
One Punch Mod
47853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/25/14

most of our titles starting at chapter one now have the first chapter free!


This is great news! Doesn't matter for me personally since I"m all-access, but I really love to see how you listened to this request from folks who really wanted a chapter one to preview the service!

I'm really excited about the push notifications too. I was happy with the bookmark system -- It worked pretty well as a queue for me -- but it was still annoying to have to go back and manually check to see if there were any new chapters.

7046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Granite Bay
Offline
Posted 6/25/14
The guide thingy is one of the coolest features I've seen in a manga app.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.