First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Funimation to stream simulcasts in 1080p?
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14
So I was looking for something to watch, when I stumbled upon this.

ALL HAIL 1080p!


41340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 6/27/14 , edited 6/27/14
They had no choice with CR in 1080 ! But can we watch it w/o problems
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14 , edited 6/27/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:

They had no choice with CR in 1080 ! But can we watch it w/o problems


Well I currently have no issue with Fuimation's streams even on 720p, but lets hope they get better servers for the 1080p ones.

I've actually had more problems with Crunchyroll's, but it is summer so it makes sense why.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/27/14
Too bad Daimidaler is censored to hell. Wait til they get the home video versions up. The stuff under the penguin cover ups is pretty hot.
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

hpulley wrote:

Too bad Daimidaler is censored to hell. Wait til they get the home video versions up. The stuff under the penguin cover ups is pretty hot.


So true, the AT-X version is just great.
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14 , edited 6/27/14
So I was able to get the 1080p streams, here a screenshot from Selector Infected Wixoss Episode 1.

http://i4.minus.com/iboT4BaWYLqiN4.png

It looks like it might just be an upscaled 720p, or maybe I just choose a bad frame.

EDIT: Here's one from Riddle Story of the Devil Episode 1.

http://i1.minus.com/ibd4QZF7XWZDE9.png
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

Kaphotics wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Too bad Daimidaler is censored to hell. Wait til they get the home video versions up. The stuff under the penguin cover ups is pretty hot.


So true, the AT-X version is just great.

Even more true of Dragonar where minutes of entire scenes were deleted from many episodes.

Kaphotics wrote:

So I was able to get the 1080p streams, here a screenshot from Selector Infected Wixoss Episode 1.

http://i4.minus.com/iboT4BaWYLqiN4.png

It looks like it might just be an upscaled 720p, or maybe I just choose a bad frame.


This is true here as well, the TV broadcasts are all 720 so we get upscales. Some Bluray versions are really 1080, not all are.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 6/27/14
Eh... I don't use my computer to watch anime anymore so really doesn't effect me much.


I'm too spoiled by watching everything on a 50" HDTV with my Roku now.
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

hpulley wrote:

Even more true of Dragonar where minutes of entire scenes were deleted from many episodes.

I actually went to *find* the AT-X versions for Dragonar because of this, I really wish we could pay a premium for the AT-X versions.


Stonewolfe wrote:

Eh... I don't use my computer to watch anime anymore so really doesn't effect me much.


I'm too spoiled by watching everything on a 50" HDTV with my Roku now.


Well I have my computer hooked up to my 40" HDTV.
Sogno- 
45684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/27/14
oh well if they fix their streaming issues then maybe i'll look into it...
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/27/14 , edited 6/27/14

Kaphotics wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Even more true of Dragonar where minutes of entire scenes were deleted from many episodes.

I actually went to *find* the AT-X versions for Dragonar because of this, I really wish we could pay a premium for the AT-X versions.

Me too. I suggested this on Funimation Elite forum but got no support whatsoever. Ah well...

So I watch the AT-X version first, then I watch the Funimation version to see how many scenes were completely deleted...
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

Sogno- wrote:

oh well if they fix their streaming issues then maybe i'll look into it...


Have you used it recently? They added buffering to their video player, and that helped a lot.
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

hpulley wrote:

Me too. I suggested this on Funimation Elite forum but got no support whatsoever. Ah well...

So I watch the AT-X version first, then I watch the Funimation version to see how many scenes were completely deleted...


I don't remember exactly what episode it was, but it was completely obvious that scenes were missing.
Characters spawned out of nowhere, and clothes mysteriously had been torn apart.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

Kaphotics wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Me too. I suggested this on Funimation Elite forum but got no support whatsoever. Ah well...

So I watch the AT-X version first, then I watch the Funimation version to see how many scenes were completely deleted...


I don't remember exactly what episode it was, but it was completely obvious that scenes were missing.
Characters spawned out of nowhere, and clothes mysteriously had been torn apart.


And then sometimes they had to remove later jokes because you had no idea why the maid's nickname should be haite nai when you never saw her haite nai in the first place.
28102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/27/14

hpulley wrote:


Kaphotics wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Me too. I suggested this on Funimation Elite forum but got no support whatsoever. Ah well...

So I watch the AT-X version first, then I watch the Funimation version to see how many scenes were completely deleted...


I don't remember exactly what episode it was, but it was completely obvious that scenes were missing.
Characters spawned out of nowhere, and clothes mysteriously had been torn apart.


And then sometimes they had to remove later jokes because you had no idea why the maid's nickname should be haite nai when you never saw her haite nai in the first place.


Yeah that's pretty terrible, worst part is I highly doubt it's going to get a Home Video release.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.