Should I sell my 3ds xl for a ps4?
8111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
i would like a second opinion. i have pretty much all the games i like for 3ds so there arent anything im playing and its just collecting dust. on the other hand the ps4 has so many different games i would love to try. if anybody has any thoughts on this i would really appreciate it.
25073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
Ps4 doesn't have very much games for it now that are worth playing. Anything on there is some arcade game that is already on PC and you could have probably grabbed it on steam for a cheaper price during the summer sale. If you wanted to pick up a Ps4 for the games coming out in fall then it would definitely be worth it :D

On the other hand there's always smash bros for 3ds
12532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
Do you have a PC?

I myself am very lucky I have a Xbox One, 3DS XL and a decent PC gaming rig.

If I had to choose just two it would be my PC and 3DS XL, most games that come out for console eventually come out for PC. DS games never come out for PC and since games are only getting more complicated and harder to emulate you may as well keep your 3DS.

Invest in a decent PC gaming rig if you don't have one already. It will be much cheaper both in parts value and in the fact that you can get games for a steal during Steam Sales.
8111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/1/14

JollyClaret wrote:

Do you have a PC?

I myself am very lucky I have a Xbox One, 3DS XL and a decent PC gaming rig.

If I had to choose just two it would be my PC and 3DS XL, most games that come out for console eventually come out for PC. DS games never come out for PC and since games are only getting more complicated and harder to emulate you may as well keep your 3DS.

Invest in a decent PC gaming rig if you don't have one already. It will be much cheaper both in parts value and in the fact that you can get games for a steal during Steam Sales.


the thing about pc gaming is that i have no idea how to build one because pc gaming has also crossed my mind
12532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/1/14

Karuma- wrote:


JollyClaret wrote:

Do you have a PC?

I myself am very lucky I have a Xbox One, 3DS XL and a decent PC gaming rig.

If I had to choose just two it would be my PC and 3DS XL, most games that come out for console eventually come out for PC. DS games never come out for PC and since games are only getting more complicated and harder to emulate you may as well keep your 3DS.

Invest in a decent PC gaming rig if you don't have one already. It will be much cheaper both in parts value and in the fact that you can get games for a steal during Steam Sales.


the thing about pc gaming is that i have no idea how to build one because pc gaming has also crossed my mind


Actually it is pretty simple to build a PC but if you don't feel confident enough to build one there are sites online that will allow you to choose the parts you want and then build the PC for you. It's not as cheap as building it yourself because obviously they charge an assembly fee but it's a lot cheaper than buying a PC from a manufacturer like Toshiba or Alienware.
I am sure if you go to a local PC shop they will do a same sort of deal for you, order the part through them and they should do it very cheap for you.
8111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/1/14

JollyClaret wrote:


Karuma- wrote:


JollyClaret wrote:

Do you have a PC?

I myself am very lucky I have a Xbox One, 3DS XL and a decent PC gaming rig.

If I had to choose just two it would be my PC and 3DS XL, most games that come out for console eventually come out for PC. DS games never come out for PC and since games are only getting more complicated and harder to emulate you may as well keep your 3DS.

Invest in a decent PC gaming rig if you don't have one already. It will be much cheaper both in parts value and in the fact that you can get games for a steal during Steam Sales.


the thing about pc gaming is that i have no idea how to build one because pc gaming has also crossed my mind


Actually it is pretty simple to build a PC but if you don't feel confident enough to build one there are sites online that will allow you to choose the parts you want and then build the PC for you. It's not as cheap as building it yourself because obviously they charge an assembly fee but it's a lot cheaper than buying a PC from a manufacturer like Toshiba or Alienware.
I am sure if you go to a local PC shop they will do a same sort of deal for you, order the part through them and they should do it very cheap for you.


alright I think i'm going to do that thanks for your input
12532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/1/14

Karuma-

alright I think i'm going to do that thanks for your input


No problem, PM me if you need any help with it. I'd be happy to help
37824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sunny SoCal!!!
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
I own all platforms and I use them all equally except Xbox One. The PS4 has a small small catalog of games and the only game worth playing atm is Infamous: Second Son. Everything else is being released until the end of the year and early next year. PC gaming is where it's at I built my baby 2 years ago and I slowly change parts mainly graphics cards but since I got a sweet deal on 2 GTX 660Ti I'm okay with those two twins on SLI and I have zero experience building a PC but I did use Newegg tutorial videos on youtube which was very handy. Back to the matter at hand if you don't plan on getting SSB then I say go for it since SSB is also do till the end of the year.
24271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
Well if you like open world games, shooters, racers and other game genres the 3DS lacks then get the PS4. If you want Smash and font have a Wii U keep the 3DS.
7214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Adanac
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
PS4 has shooters, GTA clones, indies, and HD ports of PS3 games that in my opinion, isn't worth losing your 3DS for.
5248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/1/14
I would suggest hold on to your 3DS until the PS4 matures
21580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Reston, Virginia
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
As others have suggested, I'd hold off on the PS 4 at the moment or an Xbox one for that matter. While I have an Xbox one, I'd say neither next gen console has the games at the moment to warrant getting one if you already haven't.

A PC gaming rig isn't too hard to build. As long as you can follow instructions you should have no problem putting one together. If you go this route, I'd suggest getting a good mid-level or above case and get a really good power supply, probably one rated around 600 or 650 Watts. A good PC case makes it easier to upgrade components in the future and also makes it a lot easier to put all the components together. As for the power supply, you may not need all those watts right now, but as you upgrade you might find some of your components need more power than the one you currently installed. It sucks to find out that to upgrade your video card, you also need to upgrade your power supply.

I've seen some pre-built gamer systems on Newegg that are close to what it would cost to build one on your own. Some of these do not come with a OS, so add around 100 to the cost for the OS. TigerDirect sells build it yourself kits with all the components for a decent mid-level system as well if you don't want to pick your own components, but still want the experience of assembling it yourself.
108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/2/14 , edited 7/2/14
Buy a gaming PC.. Don't bother with consoles. Also, if you don't know how to build a pc or whatever, you can always buy a cheap pre-built PC ment exactly for gaming. It might be more expensive than a console, but it is definitely worth it.
21519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 7/2/14 , edited 7/2/14

Karuma- wrote:

on the other hand the ps4 has so many different games i would love to try.


I don't agree with this. I own a PS4 and I don't honestly think there's much to play on it currently (which only makes sense). If you were getting one now, it'd be more of an investment for the future than for what you could play on it right now.

I'd say keep the 3DS, but I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Also, when the time does come, get a console. Forget PC. Most PC games are console ports anyway.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/25/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.