First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Would you really be happy with an Anime girlfriend/boyfriend?
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/2/14 , edited 7/2/14
Basically, we are all nerds here, no need to be shy.

We often watch animes, and start to like one of the characters, thinking how awesome they'd be in real life, but is there a such thing as too perfect? Or too much of a good thing? I'm highly qualified for this thread because I pay close attention to male and female characters!(As oppose to girls going for guys and guys going for girls).

To be honest, most guys in anime who they try to make perfect end up less likable than the supposed meat head, for example: Fruits Basket, who do girls like more, Yuki or Kyo? Simple!

Top Five Guys off the top of my head:

1. Kirito-Sword Art Online (Big brother, down to earth type)
2. Ragna the Bloodedge-BlazBlue (Manly and interesting, but shows a different side around his lady)
3. Rito-To Love-Ru (LOLNO)
3. Kyo-Fruits Basket (Cute, has an adorable side, has a sense of pride and sticks to his words and principals)
4. Issei-Highschool DxD (Perverted, which is a positive or negative, always looks at the bright side and is good natured)
5. Kamina-Gurren Legann (I... Don't know what to say)

Top Five Girls off the top of my head:

1. Fino-Yuushibu (A bit like a girlfriend, loves to please and very good natured)
2. Satellizer-Freezing (Very intelligent, nice... Eventually)
3.Ryuko Matoi-Kill la Kill (LOL)
3-Sena Kashiwazaki-Haganai (Passionate and a bit of a challenge..)
4. Ryuubi Gentoki-Shin Koihime Musou (Airhead, people person)
5. Mai Natsume-BlazBlue (Shy, intelligent, needy somewhat, and normal-ish)

Obviously, the first "3" on both lists are jokes, (Ryuko and Rito, LOL).

Basically, we wonder how cool it'd be for us to have these characters with us, but looking past the surface, I think most if not all people would get sick of the character at some point, in anime, we only see them for 30+ minutes each episode. Things always change after the honeymoon stage, right? It's interesting to think how long people could really put up with these ridiculous characters.

I mean, sure you make a case for like, Kirito and Fino, but how long would you really put up with a Tsundere? Or a total airhead?

Succinct version: Which anime character could you really spend your life with?


Edit: You do not have to pick from my list, those are just to get your mind flowing to YOUR favorite characters.
Vodash 
7657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/14 , edited 8/21/14
Kamina is the pinnacle of masculinity and If I were a female he would be my husbando times five.
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/2/14

Vodash wrote:

Kamina is the pinnacle of masculinity and If I were a female he would be my husbando times five.


?

There's no girl you like as much? Or at least one you could tolerate for years on end?
4285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
Kirito seems kinda like a fail brotha to me. Dunno how Issei the scum bag even made your list but to each his/her own I guess.
Vodash 
7657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/14 , edited 7/2/14

Magical-Soul wrote:


Vodash wrote:

Kamina is the pinnacle of masculinity and If I were a female he would be my husbando times five.


?

There's no girl you like as much? Or at least one you could tolerate for years on end?


I was just referencing how Kamina was in your list.

If I had to pick one girl though, it would probably be Yoko from the same anime because she's also badass.
7565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
Where the hell is Lacus!?
2988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Fort Worth, Texas
Offline
Posted 7/2/14

PrincipeCapio wrote:

Where the hell is Lacus!?


Who?
82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
Not a chance. For me anime character's would look too weird in real life.
5574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
No Nanami Aoyama? While she is strong willed and not willing to let anything get in her way, she also has a a very approachable nature. Many characters go overboard, but she seems to be one of the most realistic and reasonable, like a sister. No matter how much she upsets you or others, there is always the ability to understand why she does stuff.
7565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/2/14

Magical-Soul wrote:


PrincipeCapio wrote:

Where the hell is Lacus!?


Who?


Lacus from Gundam Seed



Oh wait .. that's the cosplayer.

Uhum


1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
You know that one anime girl with big boobs? Yeah that one. (if I had to pick from a guy... it would be that one with the abnormal amount of muscle on him, totally that one)
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/14

PrincipeCapio wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:


PrincipeCapio wrote:

Where the hell is Lacus!?


Who?


Lacus from Gundam Seed



Oh wait .. that's the cosplayer.

Uhum




well damn what do you know cosplayers are hot
37363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/2/14
I wouldn't want an "anime" to be my girlfriend, but I wouldn't mind having a real life girlfriend who was into anime, and who wouldn't mind role playing assorted anime characters, and..... Maybe I could be the tentacles...... *drools on keyboard*
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/14

Magical-Soul wrote:

Basically, we are all nerds here, no need to be shy.

We often watch animes, and start to like one of the characters, thinking how awesome they'd be in real life, but is there a such thing as too perfect? Or too much of a good thing? I'm highly qualified for this thread because I pay close attention to male and female characters!(As oppose to girls going for guys and guys going for girls).

To be honest, most guys in anime who they try to make perfect end up less likable than the supposed meat head, for example: Fruits Basket, who do girls like more, Yuki or Kyo? Simple!

Top Five Guys off the top of my head:

1. Kirito-Sword Art Online (Big brother, down to earth type)
2. Ragna the Bloodedge-BlazBlue (Manly and interesting, but shows a different side around his lady)
3. Rito-To Love-Ru (LOLNO)
3. Kyo-Fruits Basket (Cute, has an adorable side, has a sense of pride and sticks to his words and principals)
4. Issei-Highschool DxD (Perverted, which is a positive or negative, always looks at the bright side and is good natured)
5. Kamina-Gurren Legann (I... Don't know what to say)

Top Five Girls off the top of my head:

1. Fino-Yuushibu (A bit like a girlfriend, loves to please and very good natured)
2. Satellizer-Freezing (Very intelligent, nice... Eventually)
3.Ryuko Matoi-Kill la Kill (LOL)
3-Sena Kashiwazaki-Haganai (Passionate and a bit of a challenge..)
4. Ryuubi Gentoki-Shin Koihime Musou (Airhead, people person)
5. Mai Natsume-BlazBlue (Shy, intelligent, needy somewhat, and normal-ish)

Obviously, the first "3" on both lists are jokes, (Ryuko and Rito, LOL).

Basically, we wonder how cool it'd be for us to have these characters with us, but looking past the surface, I think most if not all people would get sick of the character at some point, in anime, we only see them for 30+ minutes each episode. Things always change after the honeymoon stage, right? It's interesting to think how long people could really put up with these ridiculous characters.

I mean, sure you make a case for like, Kirito and Fino, but how long would you really put up with a Tsundere? Or a total airhead?

Succinct version: Which anime character could you really spend your life with?


Edit: You do not have to pick from my list, those are just to get your mind flowing to YOUR favorite characters.


Interesting topic hmm...eh nope I got nothing lol just a dream waifu list :

1.Steph (No Game No Life)
2.Kotori (Date a live)
3.Chitoge (Nisekoi)

35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 7/2/14 , edited 7/2/14
Unsure.
A part of me does want to have an Anime girl by my side, and be able to feel her warmth directly,
but another big part of me, simply loves seeing girls fall in love (especially with other girls), so there's a chance having one with me won't give me the same happiness as admiring others' love does.

As for which characters are in my dream waifu list:
Louise Francoise Le Blanc De La Valliere.
Isurugi Mio.
Aoyama Mio.
Itsuka Kotori.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.