First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Why are you an anti-feminist
15349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cleveland, Ohio
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 8/9/16
An actual feminist doesn't just call everyone a misogynist, they are pro equal rights for men and women. If you are a person who thinks women should have more power than men or all men are evil, then that is not feminism. You are blaming the wrong people here, you should be blaming people who wear the mask of feminism to justify their misandry.
Sogno- 
45722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/14
there's already a current thread for this
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 8/9/16
I'm against certain things in feminism, but not entirely against feminism. I'm mostly against feminism because so many turn a blind eye and ignore the blatant transphobia in their movement. Many feminists have called trans men a traitor to their sex, and tell them they just want to escape being a woman and become an oppressor, and many feminists have insulted trans women by calling them men in dresses, or denying that even post-op that trans women can experience misogyny. Some seem to have this weird notion that if they eradicate gender expectations that trans people will then cease to exist because 'lol gender dysphoria no real.'

Plus so many refuse to police their movement. Feminism was supposed to be about women, but literally, thanks to tumblr and a few stupid women outside of it it's turned into a movement about hating men just cause they're all terrible, or some shit. I can't stand people who preach something then don't practice it. Hypocrites are annoying as all hell.

I also don't care if 'not every feminist is like that!', there's enough of them to make me want nothing to do with feminism.
24265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/3/14

sheepys wrote:

I am not trying to start a fight or anything I just wanna discuss anti-feminism and why it should be supported.Most feminist like to tell anyone who would identify as such a misogynist which in my opinion is like a nazi saying you only disagree with them because you hate white people. Personally I am an anti-feminist because I fail to see Neofeminism do anything towards actual gender issues and are more focused solely on giving women more advantages in life. The issue is sometimes the issues they are "solving" are not in anyway real or other times are either directly dis empowering or are simply ignoring the rights of men.


Like modern day Civil Rights? Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be spinning in his grave if he saw what's happening today.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/14

MysticGon wrote:


sheepys wrote:

I am not trying to start a fight or anything I just wanna discuss anti-feminism and why it should be supported.Most feminist like to tell anyone who would identify as such a misogynist which in my opinion is like a nazi saying you only disagree with them because you hate white people. Personally I am an anti-feminist because I fail to see Neofeminism do anything towards actual gender issues and are more focused solely on giving women more advantages in life. The issue is sometimes the issues they are "solving" are not in anyway real or other times are either directly dis empowering or are simply ignoring the rights of men.


Like modern day Civil Rights? Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would be spinning in his grave if he saw what's happening today.


He'd shoot himself this time, if he came back
30302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 7/3/14

sheepys wrote:


stridersix wrote:

im an anti feminist because theres too many feminists out there who totally contradict themselves
you're supposed to fight for EQUAL rights not better rights
yet i bet every feminist will still squeal in disgust if a boy hit them because 'YOU CANT HIT ME, IM A GIRL'
and they'll still expect a door to be held open for them or a chair to be pulled out, usually on the basis of 'because im a lady'.

obviously not all women/feminist are like this, but yeah.
myself, if i hit a boy, let the boy hit me back.
i'll hold a door or anyone, as should other people.
i dont need/expect special treatment or rules 'because im a girl'

feminism quite often sucks ass.
good thread.

This is in no way insightful feed back but I find it funny how anti-feminist have to admit not all feminist are a problem. When feminism mock the idea that "not all men " is a valid point. But O/c we are the sexists.


didnt understand a word of what you just said
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 7/3/14

Yarnkirby wrote:

An actual feminist doesn't just call everyone a misogynist, they are pro equal rights for men and women. If you are a person who thinks women should have more power than men or all men are evil, then that is not feminism. You are blaming the wrong people here, you should be blaming people who wear the mask of feminism to justify their misandry.


, there is no "actual" or "real" feminist because that is an absurd notion. Feminism is not a single idea its a collective, but as an anti-feminist I am tasked with trying to keep feminism in check I am not blaming anyone for anything. Also lets face facts the people who feminist are so quick to distance themselves from are the ones in power it seems, and that is why I am against it. Does not matter what you think or say it matters what you do and I am going to hold feminism to it actions.


stridersix wrote:

didnt understand a word of what you just said


A while back there was a # trending "Notallmen" My point was anti-feminist will admit that making generalizations is wrong but feminist opening mock the idea that generalizations are unfair.

137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 7/3/14
"Feminists are zealots who can't take criticism of their ideology." Well, to me.. this is true. Most Feminists can't take criticism of their ideology.
34506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Covington, KY
Offline
Posted 7/3/14
I am not opposed to equal rights for both sexes, but I can't abide misandry. It is just as bad as misogyny, and almost every feminist I have encountered has been a man hater. I saw a bumper sticker that said that feminism is the radical idea that women are human beings. I don't think that is radical at all, but I absolutely reject the notion that ONLY women are human beings, and that men are either inanimate objects to be used, like a wallet, or animals to be locked in a cage. Feminists I have encountered believe that, especially school teachers who hate little boys because they are little men, and either give them hell every hour of every day, or call a normal child's energy ADHD, and want to pill little boys up with harmful stimulants and psychoactive substances. Say no to drugs my ass!
Posted 7/3/14
I posted this as a response to someone from my thread on women and equality so I'll just repost this here. It's pretty much my stance on this topic.


demongurrl13 wrote:


molangchan wrote:

To lump all forms of feminism together into a homogenous pile of "crap," in reference to the original post and the views endorsed therein, is to declare oneself ignorant of the wide range of individual differences found among people who affiliate themselves with different versions of feminism. And perhaps, simply ignorant.


Perhaps so, and what of feminism who lump all women (or people) together in it's valiant efforts to fight for their "rights" when clearly not all women (or people) are in agreement with such efforts or even such rights? Would you not consider that to be ignorant of the wide range of individual differences among different individuals as to their preferences, lifestyles, and ideologies? Generalizing men and women in its efforts to tackle injustices in society, while turning around and refusing to be generalized as one solid, united movement when radical / extremist members call too much negative attention to themselves is nothing short of hypocritical. And honestly, how and why am I to be expected to recognize the efforts of a movement trying to fight for "equality" and people's rights when there's so much disparity within the movement itself? Which feminist group should I listen to and why should I listen to them over the others? Who are the real feminists and who are the fake ones? How am I to tell which feminists to trust? If you could educate me in this, then perhaps that would help me become less ignorant. I mean, tell me honestly which version of feminism is best? Or better yet, why doesn't Feminism, as an actual movement, try to fix the problems within its own collective and educate its advocates sufficiently first before trying to fix the rest of the world's problems?



9022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
va
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 5/10/15
1) you guys obviously don't even know what feminism is 2) misandry isn't real

please do your research before you start going off on topics you don't even know about.
8425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Honnouji academy
Online
Posted 7/3/14
I'm having a Deja Vu, not the good kind ....
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 1/16/15

cantipizza wrote:

1) you guys obviously don't even know what feminism is 2) misandry isn't real

please do your research before you start going off on topics you don't even know about.




WIN!
Posted 7/3/14
I agree with feminists because I think world peace can be achieved if every male is erased from this planet. That's probably the only ingredient missing from Gandhi's list of peace quotes.
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 7/3/14

cantipizza wrote:

1) you guys obviously don't even know what feminism is 2) misandry isn't real

please do your research before you start going off on topics you don't even know about.


Misandry isn't real... are you joking? So it is impossible for someone to be negatively biased or even hateful against men? How? Also if we do not know what feminism is why do you not educate us? why should I be at the burden of understanding somethings idea when I disagree entirely with its actions.
You can not sit their and tell me that because I might have a different view on feminism or gender politics I am ignorant and should not have the right to speak? That kind of dismissive crap feminist love to spout is yet another reason I am an anti-feminist. Thanks for re afirming my disgust for your hypocritical cowardly movement.



I hope your kidding because the very idea that we should claim misandy and sexism against males do not exist if the very reason I am a anti-feminist.


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I agree with feminists because I think world peace can be achieved if every male is erased from this planet. That's probably the only ingredient missing from Gandhi's list of peace quotes.


I am simply going to pray to a god I do not believe in that you are joking and not really advocating the murder of more then 3 billion people.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.