First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Why are you an anti-feminist
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/3/14

sheepys wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I agree with feminists because I think world peace can be achieved if every male is erased from this planet. That's probably the only ingredient missing from Gandhi's list of peace quotes.


I am simply going to pray to a god I do not believe in that you are joking and not really advocating the murder of more then 3 billion people.


shh. He's too lonely right now. He can't find a partner. He might as well destroy the whole male population.
"If I can't have you, no one will."
Posted 7/3/14

sheepys wrote:

I am simply going to pray to a god I do not believe in that you are joking and not really advocating the murder of more then 3 billion people.


it wasn't a joke. but I don't advocate for killing.

it's just a fun thought experiment I have in my head... and the conclusion leads to positive result. the method doesn't include killing men. it's simply... one day all men dematerialize somewhere else...
8045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 7/3/14
I'm not against feminism, because feminism is about equality and not "trying to be better than the other"
And I'm not against feminists, because there are some out there that are smart, know their shit, and stand for all the right things that are feminism.

I am HOWEVER against the band-wagoners who think they know what Feminism is.
AND the extremists.
(many examples include women telling men they are scum, are against men's rights movements, hate men in general, most of the feminists of tumblr who reblog controversial shit w/o doing their research, commonly use the words: patriarchy, misogyny, male scum, male tears, think they are better than men...Etc.)
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 7/3/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

it wasn't a joke. but I don't advocate for killing.

it's just a fun thought experiment I have in my head... and the conclusion leads to positive result. the method doesn't include killing men. it's simply... one day all men dematerialize somewhere else...


I still find that incredibly horrible that you honestly have such a hatred for men that you think if we all cease to exist your life you be better, I guess that asshat who said misandry is not real has been proven wrong. Thanks for that, I guess...


kittehsquee wrote:

I'm not against feminism, because feminism is about equality and not "trying to be better than the other"
And I'm not against feminists, because there are some out there that are smart, know their shit, and stand for all the right things that are feminism.

I am HOWEVER against the band-wagoners who think they know what Feminism is.
AND the extremists.
(many examples include women telling men they are scum, are against men's rights movements, hate men in general, most of the feminists of tumblr who reblog controversial shit w/o doing their research, commonly use the words: patriarchy, misogyny, male scum, male tears, think they are better than men...Etc.)


Anti-feminism is in no way against womens right activism but it is the combating of those under the feminist banner that seek harm to men and their rights or seek to provide unfair advantages to females.

9022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
va
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 8/9/16

sheepys wrote:


cantipizza wrote:

1) you guys obviously don't even know what feminism is 2) misandry isn't real

please do your research before you start going off on topics you don't even know about.


Misandry isn't real... are you joking? So it is impossible for someone to be negatively biased or even hateful against men? How? Also if we do not know what feminism is why do you not educate us? why should I be at the burden of understanding somethings idea when I disagree entirely with its actions.
You can not sit their and tell me that because I might have a different view on feminism or gender politics I am ignorant and should not have the right to speak? That kind of dismissive crap feminist love to spout is yet another reason I am an anti-feminist. Thanks for re afirming my disgust for your hypocritical cowardly movement.



Discrimination is action that denies social participation or human rights to categories of people based on prejudice. This includes treatment of an individual or group based on their actual or perceived membership in a certain group or social category, "in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated".[1] It involves the group's initial reaction or interaction, influencing the individual's actual behavior towards the group or the group leader, restricting members of one group from opportunities or privileges that are available to another group, leading to the exclusion of the individual or entities based on logical or irrational decision making.


when a group of people is in a place of power the hate directed towards them is not based on them being male, white, etc.

the hate directed towards an oppressive group is justified due to the fact that we are DENIED. BASIC. HUMAN. RIGHTS.

yes there are people out there that legitimately hate men just because they are men but that has NOTHING to do with feminism.


Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending a state of equal political, economic, cultural, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women.


so basically when you say you are anti-feminist you are literally saying you do not believe women deserve the same rights that men do.
so thank you.

if you believe that women are already equal then you have no idea what it's like. because we are not equal and we are still fighting for basic human rights every single day. we still don't have rights over our own bodies.

feminism believes in equality for everyone men included. ppl that justify their hateful/hurtful actions towards men w/ feminism are not feminists even if they claim to be they are not and you should not blame all of feminism for their bad actions.

Posted 7/3/14
The reason why I don't agree with feminists most of the time is because most of them overreact to whatever a man says or does. They take it to the extreme and take every little chance to make something that has nothing to do with sexism, sexist and proof that ALL men are pigs. See for example Elliot Rodgers' suicide, feminists loved these news.

I was also reading some comments in youtube about a girl who was yelling SEXIST!!!!! because men could take their shirts off on the streets and women couldn't. lol this is my problem with these feminists, everything is sexist to them and they want equal (or better) rights and yet they want to be treated like princesses, if they are not treated like a princess then you(the man) are sexist and inferior. Most of their comments reek of emotion....angry, bitter emotion. That's why I can't take them seriously.

Having said that, I'm in neither side, I just don't like it when you try to be superior than the other sex. Respect should be mutual.
Posted 7/3/14

sheepys wrote:

I still find that incredibly horrible that you honestly have such a hatred for men that you think if we all cease to exist your life you be better, I guess that asshat who said misandry is not real has been proven wrong. Thanks for that, I guess...


I don't hate men.

in my thought experiment, there would be peace, but advancement of technology and civilisation would be considerably slower.

it's hard to say how I feel without sounding sexist and politically incorrect, so i'm just going to stop here. people can't seem to handle opinions that are different from theirs.
Posted 7/3/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:


sheepys wrote:

I still find that incredibly horrible that you honestly have such a hatred for men that you think if we all cease to exist your life you be better, I guess that asshat who said misandry is not real has been proven wrong. Thanks for that, I guess...


I don't hate men.

in my thought experiment, there would be peace, but advancement of technology and civilisation would be considerably slower.

it's hard to say how I feel without sounding sexist and politically incorrect, so i'm just going to stop here. people can't seem to handle opinions that are different from theirs.



Greed and power are the main reasons why we can never obtain peace, not men...both genders are like Yin and Yang...they are so different but together make the perfect balance. So, a world without greed and power would be the perfect and most peaceful world than just sending all men to another dimension...we have greedy women hungry for power and they will try to do the same with the world.
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 7/3/14

cantipizza wrote:

when a group of people is in a place of power the hate directed towards them is not based on them being male, white, etc.

the hate directed towards an oppressive group is justified due to the fact that we are DENIED. BASIC. HUMAN. RIGHTS.

yes there are people out there that legitimately hate men just because they are men but that has NOTHING to do with feminism.

so basically when you say you are anti-feminist you are literally saying you do not believe women deserve the same rights that men do.
so thank you.

if you believe that women are already equal then you have no idea what it's like. because we are not equal and we are still fighting for basic human rights every single day. we still don't have rights over our own bodies.


Your very clever, instead of arguing your own postion your making my argument for me. Funnily enough I have mocked feminist in the past for doing just that. Misandry does exist It means a hatred of men, It does not mean men are oppressed by society. Just because you believe it is not as important an issue as other things does not make it go away. I never said feminism and misandry are one and the same but I am simply saying that I seek to combat misandry that uses feminism as a blanket. saying I am an anti-feminist does not mean I do not believe women are inferior I am simply fighting to notion that they are superior. I as an anti-feminist THINK FOR MY FUCKING SELF and see issue with many things going on in the feminist seen if you bothered to read anything ( ironic I know) in the tread before you told me how I had no right to speak you might notice that I am pretty much a guy fed up with corruption in the gender politics scene and personally believe both men and women deserve to be treated equal however I do in fact believe that feminism in western society is toxic to this ideal. We should go the "Every demographic for themselves" way you feminist seem to think is a good idea, but we should treat EVERYONE fairly. However I doubt I convinced you of anything so I am going to use the easiest argument in the anti-feminist book. Name one thing feminist have actually DONE that had a positive OUTCOME for everyone in the last year.


kirika202 wrote:

Greed and power are the main reasons why we can never obtain peace, not men...both genders are like Yin and Yang...they are so different but together make the perfect balance. So, a world without greed and power would be the perfect and most peaceful world than just sending all men to another dimension...we have greedy women hungry for power and they will try to do the same with the world.


See Sheryl Sandberg for an example of a greedy female shark. She is a rather strong example of a con-job feminist. She used the ban bossy campaign for PR, while having a tedtalk that clearly explained she knew better then the ban bossy thing actually working.


cantipizza wrote:

feminism believes in equality for everyone men included. ppl that justify their hateful/hurtful actions towards men w/ feminism are not feminists even if they claim to be they are not and you should not blame all of feminism for their bad actions.


maybe if you stopped and read any post on this tread you would come to understand that NO one has said all feminist are bad. Have you noticed how absurdly hypocritical you are for telling us not to speak when we lack outside knowledge yet you speak in a manner ignorant of knowledge you are trying to directly argue against. You know nothing of anti-feminism it is not the believe that women should not be equal or all feminism is wrong it is the believe that feminism has grown corrupt and should be cut and groomed into something presentable before it gets anymore power then it already has. We anti-feminist are tasked with combating the issues with feminism not the very prospect of it.


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I don't hate men.

in my thought experiment, there would be peace, but advancement of technology and civilisation would be considerably slower.

it's hard to say how I feel without sounding sexist and politically incorrect, so i'm just going to stop here. people can't seem to handle opinions that are different from theirs.


Do you have any idea how naive you are? Is your view of women so incredibly positive that you assume that they can never come into conflict with each other? I am not saying that to be mean or anything I just think your thought experiment is way off the mark.

If Feminist stood behind what they said for a second in regards to "radical" feminist then they would more often then they would be speaking out against those in the way of gender equality not me.

29743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 8/9/16
Do you support women having equal rights? You're a feminist.

So many people misinterpret feminism as basically crazy women who hate men and want them all to dissappear off the face of the earth. Well, that's like saying all Muslims are terrorists. There are different types of feminism and as with so many things, it's the loud minority that gets the most attention. So, I'm more than happy to identify as a feminist and am not anti-feminist.
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/3/14
I'll put it this way if women want the same rights they should have all of them AKA all the good and bad.

They should be drafted when war breaks out and just as bad jail/prison time as men get just to name a few. There is no being picky
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 6/5/15
why the hell does crunchyroll have so many anti-feminist threads

for people who claim to be talked over a lot (anti-feminists) there sure ain't a heckuva lot of discussion coming from the other side. The misinformation about what feminism is ALONE is mindboggling. It makes me incredibly uncomfortable as a member of the community.

Feminism is not wanting all men to die, feminism is not about making women more privileged than men. these bs fox news talking points that have been regurgitated over and over since women have wanted to VOTE are getting tired. I have a headache.
35033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 6/5/15
I don't think the phrase "anti-feminist" can be bent as much as you're doing without snapping it, OP. If your complaint is not that feminism itself is a problem, but rather that the faction(s) of feminists you would support is/are woefully underrepresented and weakly supported, just say that.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/3/14
Because women's suffrage caused the great depression.
Posted 7/3/14 , edited 7/3/14
If by Feminist you mean people who want equal rights, then I am not. I support that.
If you mean the vocal minority (hopefully) of self proclaimed feminist (e.g adherents of Valerie Solanas or to a lesser extent Rebecca Watson and people like them) then it's cause I have no interest in listening to what is essentially hate speech dressed up as feminism.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.