First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What's New: Crunchyroll Dramas
25264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/17
Looks like a new show got added. I haven't seen it but I'm about to watch it. It's called Japa Con Presents: Agent HaZAP.
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In the arms of my...
Offline
Posted 5/30/17
You should put Is There A Vet In The House back up, they had for a several months and then I went to watch it now and it's not there I like that drama, but I've only seen one or two episodes.
6031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
usa
Offline
Posted 7/5/17
we need more dramas, pretty please!
36156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Milwaukee,Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/5/17
I think It would be awesome if Crunchyroll add Crow Zero 1 2 and 3 on the drama list
33610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Side 6
Offline
Posted 7/6/17
This is speculation, but I'm not sure Crunchy wants to be in the business of delivering Asian dramas. They sold off Soompi to Viki a couple years ago and kdrama.com (which was where CR was trying to build up their drama content) now redirects to viki.com.

I think the best thing to do is get a subscription to DramaFever or Viki. DramaFever is like $5 a month and they have a wide selection of shows. If I ever run out of stuff to watch there I might switch to Viki.

Also, AsianCrush has a good selection of movies.
192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/17
I really want to watch Shinzanmono. I looked at its reviews and also a few friends of mine said its really good. If CR adds it to its list, it would be just perfect.
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/10/18
It's been soooo long since I've seen new dramas on here, no new updates for months.
12024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/18

sena3927 wrote:

This is speculation, but I'm not sure Crunchy wants to be in the business of delivering Asian dramas.


...I stopped reading after this first sentence because it's simply not true. If it was, they would have simply removed ALL of the available live programming which they haven't. The more likely cause is likely copyright and licensing. Streaming and On Demand services have become popular thanks to Crunchyroll and Netflix.

Crunchyroll is known for Anime and they exclusively promote Anime BUT they do have a library of Live Asian shows. It's been a few years since we've seen any meaningful programming added but most of what is currently available is really good. I'm sure that if enough of us ask for it, they will make an effort to look into adding more live Asian programming. We will just need to be mindful of the fact CR's focus is Anime.



MareCrisium wrote:

It's been soooo long since I've seen new dramas on here, no new updates for months.


Try YEARS, not months.

I plan to bring this up at Anime Boston next month (which Crunchyroll co-sponsors) and will ask directly at the CR booth that more Live Action programming be added. The demand IS there. Maybe even offer Live Action programming as a separate service like the other person I quoted hinted at in their full post. The demand is definitely there though. Just look at this thread.
33610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Side 6
Offline
Posted 2/17/18

Brendan2k5 wrote:


sena3927 wrote:

This is speculation, but I'm not sure Crunchy wants to be in the business of delivering Asian dramas.


...I stopped reading after this first sentence because it's simply not true. If it was, they would have simply removed ALL of the available live programming which they haven't. The more likely cause is likely copyright and licensing. Streaming and On Demand services have become popular thanks to Crunchyroll and Netflix.

Crunchyroll is known for Anime and they exclusively promote Anime BUT they do have a library of Live Asian shows. It's been a few years since we've seen any meaningful programming added but most of what is currently available is really good. I'm sure that if enough of us ask for it, they will make an effort to look into adding more live Asian programming. We will just need to be mindful of the fact CR's focus is Anime.



MareCrisium wrote:

It's been soooo long since I've seen new dramas on here, no new updates for months.


Try YEARS, not months.

I plan to bring this up at Anime Boston next month (which Crunchyroll co-sponsors) and will ask directly at the CR booth that more Live Action programming be added. The demand IS there. Maybe even offer Live Action programming as a separate service like the other person I quoted hinted at in their full post. The demand is definitely there though. Just look at this thread.


CR started kdrama.com as a separate service from the anime site, but then pretty soon afterwards sold it off to Viki. They had a K-pop site (Soompi) but sold it off to Viki. So it follows that they aren't too keen on being in that realm any more. They've basically ceded the market to other services, presumably to focus on anime.

"they would have simply removed ALL of the available live programming which they haven't" -- Not necessarily. The licenses they have for that stuff could be cheap or still ongoing. But they haven't licensed many new dramas at all... and the ones that I can think of like Wakako-zake and Akagi are based on anime.

My point is that it doesn't seem likely that CR are going to be bringing many new dramas, but DramaFever and Viki have large catalogs of old and new stuff, and they're totally affordable services... so...
12024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/17/18

sena3927 wrote:


CR started kdrama.com as a separate service from the anime site, but then pretty soon afterwards sold it off to Viki. They had a K-pop site (Soompi) but sold it off to Viki. So it follows that they aren't too keen on being in that realm any more. They've basically ceded the market to other services, presumably to focus on anime.

"they would have simply removed ALL of the available live programming which they haven't" -- Not necessarily. The licenses they have for that stuff could be cheap or still ongoing. But they haven't licensed many new dramas at all... and the ones that I can think of like Wakako-zake and Akagi are based on anime.

My point is that it doesn't seem likely that CR are going to be bringing many new dramas, but DramaFever and Viki have large catalogs of old and new stuff, and they're totally affordable services... so...



I am aware of CR's prior holdings but it doesn't change my position.

And yes, it's that simple regardless of pricing. Supply and Demand does play a role of course and yes, it's also likely the cost to renew or retain the licenses for their current lineup is pocket change to CR.

Again, if the demand is there they will add more programming. Just talking about it here is a major plus for example.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/18
There really doesn't seem to be many new dramas being added these days! Why is that?
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
California
Offline
Posted 4/13/18
I just want to know if we're getting Wakakozake Season 3...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.