First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Everyone is a little bit racist.
19028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
I disagree. I'm not racist nor do I share any feelings differently towards those who have a different race than myself. I also don't feel like I'm part of a "group" outside of being my own individual human self. It is very much possible to not be racist in any regard.
1716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
"Everyone is a little bit racist."

That's quite a generalization, but quite unavoidable. The only time I'm racist is when I'm driving. Some of the remarks I make of other drivers would make Donald Sterling look like a saint.
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

rohaun wrote:

If you say that you haven't, don't,or will never do anything racially insensitive, then you're a huge liar.I not going to lie,one time when I was struggling in my math class,I paid extra money to make sure my tutor was Asian .I feel kinda bad now but, I want to know what you did that might be considered "racist".


"If Asians said stuff white people say"




1. "Hey, show me how to do Pilates (strikes pose). Don't all white people do Pilates?"
2. "OMG you're SO lucky you're naturally pasty."
3. "Wait. Look at your arms! Why do you have so much hair (rubs hand on stranger's arms)?"
4. "I just loooove white people hair. I think it's so pretty (goes up to random white stranger and strokes hair)"
5. "You know I've been really into Western religions lately. Like, I love how they're so angry and uptight, you know. I decorated my whole house in crosses."

6. "I just love dating white guys because they're so large and overbearing."

7. "Hey, you watch 'How I Met Your Mother?' I'm so into white culture."

8. "Where are you from? No, where are you really from?"
9. "Are your parents super white?"
10. "Look how big my eyes are."



If Asians Said The Stuff White People Say
50357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

Kunami_Mata wrote:


Axerith wrote:

If you think that, then you're one of those thin skinned people who make themselves professional victims. It's pathetic.


Because everything is black and white like that. Because I disagree with you about something, that means I am something else, and there is absolutely no wiggle room whatsoever.

No, dude, I'm sorry. All I'm saying is that being intentionally tactless and knowingly insensitive about the differences in people is kind of the backbone of prejudice. Saying otherwise is incredibly ignorant. It doesn't bother me that you are ignorant. Everyone has a God given right to be ignorant. But I do feel you should be told.


1: I never said anything about intentions or knowing.
2: You can get off your high horse and stop insulting like a little kid any time you feel like.
3: God is just a bronze age superstition, grow up.
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/7/14 , edited 7/7/14
Well, sure. A Russian Blue isn't the same as an Abyssinian, but they're both cats. Although both dogs, a Rhodesian Ridgeback isn't identical to a Kooikerhondje. I apply the same concept to humans. I recognize that there are differences, but that's about where it ends. I'm not especially interested raising a fuss over adaptations to various environments and whatnot. The serve their purposes, and are what they are. Big whoop.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

onibrotonel wrote:


rohaun wrote:

If you say that you haven't, don't,or will never do anything racially insensitive, then you're a huge liar.I not going to lie,one time when I was struggling in my math class,I paid extra money to make sure my tutor was Asian .I feel kinda bad now but, I want to know what you did that might be considered "racist".


"If Asians said stuff white people say"




1. "Hey, show me how to do Pilates (strikes pose). Don't all white people do Pilates?"
2. "OMG you're SO lucky you're naturally pasty."
3. "Wait. Look at your arms! Why do you have so much hair (rubs hand on stranger's arms)?"
4. "I just loooove white people hair. I think it's so pretty (goes up to random white stranger and strokes hair)"
5. "You know I've been really into Western religions lately. Like, I love how they're so angry and uptight, you know. I decorated my whole house in crosses."

6. "I just love dating white guys because they're so large and overbearing."

7. "Hey, you watch 'How I Met Your Mother?' I'm so into white culture."

8. "Where are you from? No, where are you really from?"
9. "Are your parents super white?"
10. "Look how big my eyes are."



If Asians Said The Stuff White People Say


Thats racist i would never say one of those things

18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
mhm
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / where ever
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
I don't think that its always racism, most of the time it is because you have not been exposed to that certain culture or people.When meeting new people you bring in stereotypes especially if they are from a different race, like for example I went to a high school were there hardly any asian ,so when I started to meat some in college I was supper stiff and serious because that is how I believed they acted. The more I hung out with them and worked with them I found out that they are no different than anyone else. The main point you should bring an open mind when meeting new people no matter the race or gender.
585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Center-of-US
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
We don't want to be called racist, so we define it as lynching/burning crosses/etc and then pat ourselves on the backs for not doing that.
20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
I think IGN is a little bit racist.

Destiny with Exclusive White PS4
AT AMAZON - White is the new black. Embrace your Destiny with the white PS4 bundle.

Was on their front page. White supremacy? Manifest destiny? How can they possibly endorse this?
18050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

Raimu4 wrote:


onibrotonel wrote:


rohaun wrote:

If you say that you haven't, don't,or will never do anything racially insensitive, then you're a huge liar.I not going to lie,one time when I was struggling in my math class,I paid extra money to make sure my tutor was Asian .I feel kinda bad now but, I want to know what you did that might be considered "racist".


"If Asians said stuff white people say"




1. "Hey, show me how to do Pilates (strikes pose). Don't all white people do Pilates?"
2. "OMG you're SO lucky you're naturally pasty."
3. "Wait. Look at your arms! Why do you have so much hair (rubs hand on stranger's arms)?"
4. "I just loooove white people hair. I think it's so pretty (goes up to random white stranger and strokes hair)"
5. "You know I've been really into Western religions lately. Like, I love how they're so angry and uptight, you know. I decorated my whole house in crosses."

6. "I just love dating white guys because they're so large and overbearing."

7. "Hey, you watch 'How I Met Your Mother?' I'm so into white culture."

8. "Where are you from? No, where are you really from?"
9. "Are your parents super white?"
10. "Look how big my eyes are."



If Asians Said The Stuff White People Say


Thats racist i would never say one of those things



Good for you. Educate the people around you and tell them why you're not saying those things.
7025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
I think the phrase that's more accurate to most nowadays is "Overly Sensitive as f*%$".
7001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Skittles
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
I laugh at racism (Not when it's extremely serious/out of control).
My brother and I are both mixed race (White and African American) and we crack stereotypical/racist jokes all the time.
I'm not racist though, I like all races and don't believe in stereotypes one bit.

Though, I'll admit, I have my moments where I do something that would seem like I'm being racist/stereotypical.
537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
I've said a few jokes that are sorta racist, but I'm not racist. I have many friends that are different ethnicities.
Posted 7/8/14
Bad people love excuses.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.