First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Everyone is a little bit racist.
11523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/8/14
Racism is just a form of one of my countless prejudices. Everyone has their prejudices, and almost everyone has some form of racial prejudice. That doesn't mean I hate a race simply for being that race, I simply acknowledge that the races are different and behave so.
47176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / the great canadia...
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
Damn right nikkuh.
72842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Online
Posted 7/8/14
Gomenasai.

I'm not a Racist, nor have a determinable amount smaller than even that of which physics allow of Racism to be measured within Me. If You check Out the Genie Thread, You can read more regarding My thoughts upon Racism. In fact, Hank Hill said it best -


"I don't like the MAN. It has nothing to do with where He's from. I'm no Redneck. He could be from Mars for all I care. What the HELL kind of Country is this, where I can only hate a Man if He's White?"


I have the option to like...or to not like Someone. I don't give a damn if You're White, Black, Purple, or Polka Dot. That does not mean that I'm racist just because I may have an argument with Someone of another Ethnicity than that of which I happen to find Myself. It has nothing to do with the Color. If I hate the Person, I hate the Person. Again...I don't give a damn if You're White, Black, Purple, or Polka Dot.

But of course this is all hypothetical...Hahaha, I don't hate anyone anyhow either. But I'll state it again, I'm not a Racist in any form whatsoever. My Aunts and Cousins were mixed and married into Other colored Families. I've never once given it ANY thought, and at the End of this Post, I will return to that standard. Thank You, My fellow Crunchyrollers!
21519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Houston
Offline
Posted 7/8/14

Axerith wrote:

1: I never said anything about intentions or knowing.
2: You can get off your high horse and stop insulting like a little kid any time you feel like.
3: God is just a bronze age superstition, grow up.


One, your response was grade A nonsense that had zero to do with what I said.

Two, I'm sorry you find the truth so insulting.

Three, "God given right" is a rather common figure of speech. When I say things like "rule of thumb", I don't literally mean I'm going to beat my spouse with a stick no bigger than my thumb. This is exactly what I mean by ignorance and I somehow knew that particular phrase might catch heat from someone as clearly enlightened as yourself.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
I've never heard or seen a stand up comedian that is a little or not racist at all. Then, each of them would defend themselves that diversity makes things funnier.

Anyway, I considered stand up comedians: smart, thoughtful, emotionally unstable
22062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/8/14

zebrathinker wrote:

I actively try not to be, and if i have a thought that stereotypes any one race i try and recognize it and squash it immediately. :S

i also call out racism wherever i can (i may have made a girl drop out of my poetry class b/c she wrote a racist as hell poem about muslims and i TOLD her) so while i'm benefiting from white privilege i try my hardest not to be scum!

(though living in the south makes it hard to avoid people who say racist stuff!!)


If you are actively trying not to be racist, you can drop the whole "white privilege" stuff too. You have no clue what people's circumstances in life were or are. People will rally against racial profiling in one breath, and complain about "white privilege" in the next... . Yes, I can assume you are white. No, that doesn't make it any less of a prejudicial, stereotypical concept than any other one that might be out there.

50357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/8/14

Kunami_Mata wrote:


Axerith wrote:

1: I never said anything about intentions or knowing.
2: You can get off your high horse and stop insulting like a little kid any time you feel like.
3: God is just a bronze age superstition, grow up.


One, your response was grade A nonsense that had zero to do with what I said.

Two, I'm sorry you find the truth so insulting.

Three, "God given right" is a rather common figure of speech. When I say things like "rule of thumb", I don't literally mean I'm going to beat my spouse with a stick no bigger than my thumb. This is exactly what I mean by ignorance and I somehow knew that particular phrase might catch heat from someone as clearly enlightened as yourself.


You couldn't understand my response? Ok I'll spell it out slowly.

1: This was in response to you saying, and I quote; "All I'm saying is that being intentionally tactless and knowingly insensitive..." See? You claimed intention and knowledge had something to do with my point, which it did not. If I made a claim otherwise, please quote it so I can tell you that you misinterpreted it.
2: You called me ignorant three times and took a stance of superiority. If you think someone is ignorant for not agreeing with you, you're going to lead a sad and lonely life looking down on everybody because nobody exists that holds all of your beliefs.
3: Do you honestly say "god given right" without actually meaning it? Please say what you mean and mean what you say. If you meant what you said, thinking we have certain rights given by a god, by all means say it but don't turn around and claim it's a phrase that doesn't actually mean what it means.
21044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/8/14
I wanna say that I believe there are a very minuscule amount of people who are genuinely not racist. I've met a few individuals who really appear to be genuinely accepting of all people and, surprisingly,are also religious. I'm saying this because many religions tend to draw a line between themselves and outgroups. It may not be that stereotypical thoughts are completely nonexistent, but that they can inhibit them by understanding that people as humans are all the same and that stereotypes do not apply to everyone, as extremely rare as this may be.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
Racists are people that do or say racist things. It's not that hard of a concept to understand

You can tell who is in denial by the comments they write. Whether you knew it or not, you have been racist and you have the potential to do it again. Therefore, everyone is racists. Many like to pardon themselves with "I'm not racist" especially after they have just said something racist. It's the oldest trick in the book. We are all racist in some way. Everyone should just admit it so they can correct themselves.
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 7/8/14

ravenista wrote:

If you are actively trying not to be racist, you can drop the whole "white privilege" stuff too. You have no clue what people's circumstances in life were or are. People will rally against racial profiling in one breath, and complain about "white privilege" in the next... . Yes, I can assume you are white. No, that doesn't make it any less of a prejudicial, stereotypical concept than any other one that might be out there.



Noooo it does. Saying that I, myself, am a holder of white privilege, knowing my own life circumstances as being generally middle class, can say that. Like, white privilege is definitely a thing, and you can't tell me it ain't. I know I am widely catered to as a white person in America, from representation in movies, tv, and video games to the color of band-aids matching my skin. That's what I mean by I have white privilege. so. I don't see how that is offensive to assume about white people, as I am white and know how it is to grow up in America as a white person. Like, it's not offensive, those things are just facts. :S
94794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
It's not racist if it's true.
10272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Ponce, Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
I'm totally not racist. I had learned to love everyone, why? Well, pretty simple, I am a victim of racism. My family of part of my mother are all racist against non-white people. Mom is white but she doesn't care about that. They say I'm black when I'm tanned ._. LOL? Also once black people telled me "You are white, just go away walking" and I was like..... "But... I'm not white I'm tanned o_o" yeah... Creepy huh?
I have been critiqued in many ways .-. that I'm already tired. I just want to be famous and show the world how it's done!
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 7/8/14

IndistinctCredence wrote:

Racism is just a form of one of my countless prejudices. Everyone has their prejudices, and almost everyone has some form of racial prejudice. That doesn't mean I hate a race simply for being that race, I simply acknowledge that the races are different and behave so.
This brings a good point about colorblindness. You can pick a racist from a crowd when they say "I don't see color". Same when a person says to a gay man, "when I see you, I don't see a gay man....I just see a man". This video is worth checking out to help people understand why being "blind" to things is the same as being ignorant to them.

Davy Wavy - Can You See My Gayness?
13245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 7/8/14
I don't stereotype people, but I will say that I hate certain types of personality in some people.
13245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 7/8/14

Ednilane wrote:

I'm totally not racist. I had learned to love everyone, why? Well, pretty simple, I am a victim of racism. My family of part of my mother are all racist against non-white people. Mom is white but she doesn't care about that. They say I'm black when I'm tanned ._. LOL? Also once black people telled me "You are white, just go away walking" and I was like..... "But... I'm not white I'm tanned o_o" yeah... Creepy huh?
I have been critiqued in many ways .-. that I'm already tired. I just want to be famous and show the world how it's done!


Most tan people are cuter then white people. That's my opinion. That in itself could cause someone to say that I'm racist.
10272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Ponce, Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 7/8/14

Most tan people are cuter then white people. That's my opinion. That in itself could cause someone to say that I'm racist.

Aww, thank you n////n *friendly hug*
Well, I don't think that for having a preference is being racist? I mean, just imagine this "I like more apple than pear" and then someone says "You're fruitracist!" It doesn't make sense at all right? It's just a personal opinion :3

~True Story~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.