First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Games you didn't think quite lived up to the hype
2028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
It's as the title states. What are some games that, you personally, didn't think lived up to all the hype it got.

For me it's, The Witcher, Grand Theft Auto and Left 4 Dead.

Grand Theft Auto: while they are fun games, and worth playing, I never found any of them to be worth anywhere near the amount of hype they get.

The Witcher: I played the first one on PC and was bored to tears, the exact same thing happened when I played the second on the Xbox 360, while they may not be bad games, I didn't get any enjoyment off of them and definitely don't think they live up to the hype.

Left 4 Dead: pretty much the same as The Witcher, I found it to be just another generic FPS only with zombies instead of enemy soldiers.
11641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
Watch Dogs, biggest waste of $60 2014
4349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Houston TX
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
^ Personally I disagree, but for me are the Call of Duty games. They always feel the same, so there isn't any point in buying the newer ones..
Posted 7/7/14
I'm gonna have to say both Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty games. I just could never get into them.
20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
Shadow of the Colossus and Beyond Good and Evil. Maybe they didn't get "hype" in the same sense that some AAA titles do, but they're critcal darlings that you always hear are great. No, they're not.
But I disagree about Witcher. Only played the second since I don't do PC gaming, but it was good. I mean, the story was cool, but the combat sucked. But anyways, boobs.
24283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
Every Dragon Ball game post PS2-era I would imagine.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 7/7/14

sjohnston2424 wrote:

I'm gonna have to say both Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty games. I just could never get into them.


I'm not so sure about Grand Theft Auto, but Call of Duty games have been clones of each other since at least 2007. Each year they just release a new rehashed version of the game with a slightly revamped multiplayer.
7678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/14
GTA V is boring
Lighting Returns was awful
Posted 7/8/14 , edited 7/8/14

DesuMaiden wrote:


sjohnston2424 wrote:

I'm gonna have to say both Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty games. I just could never get into them.


I'm not so sure about Grand Theft Auto, but Call of Duty games have been clones of each other since at least 2007. Each year they just release a new rehashed version of the game with a slightly revamped multiplayer.


True, true. I'm not saying Grand Theft Auto is bad. I just didn't enjoy it that much is all.
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 7/11/14
Every single Call of Duty game ever. Nuff said.

Other than that, Assassin's Creed 3.

It could just be because I despise the game altogether, but the amount of hype it received was nowhere near the game's shitty final product.
57034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 7/11/14 , edited 7/11/14
This goes back a ways, but, back when the PS1 was a new console, there was hype all over the place for Battle Arena Toshinden, a Virtua Fighter-esque 3-D fighting game. Now, I'm a fan of the series, especially now that it's extinct and collectible, but they were pushing that game as a system seller, and it just wasn't. Even by the standards of the time, it was slow, clunky, and difficult; PS1 wouldn't get a proper 3-D fighter until the first Tekken, which was faster, smoother, and much more intuitive to play.

Not that the PS1 didn't get a system-selling game, though, but that was Final Fantasy VII, and that happened two years later.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/11/14 , edited 7/11/14
gta 5
bought it near release, still haven't beaten story mode, and multiplayer imo became terrible after they did the first huge wipe of all of the $$$, we're STILL waiting on heists, and the game requires more grinding than a korean mmo which is ridiculous

titanfall
game is fun for 10 minutes at most, somehow finds a way to be even more repetitive than call of duty and at least in call of duty you're not kicking bots around for 70% of the game

honorable mentions being watch dogs, mass effect 3, & elder scrolls online
11154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/11/14

amathy wrote:

gta 5
bought it near release, still haven't beaten story mode, and multiplayer imo became terrible after they did the first huge wipe of all of the $$$, we're STILL waiting on heists, and the game requires more grinding than a korean mmo which is ridiculous

titanfall
game is fun for 10 minutes at most, somehow finds a way to be even more repetitive than call of duty and at least in call of duty you're not kicking bots around for 70% of the game

honorable mentions being watch dogs, mass effect 3, & elder scrolls online


Agreed, gta 5 is a ridiculously overrated game.

Titanfall gets boring after a day or two aswell.
3095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 7/11/14
Watch Dogs (good PC port guys...), Titanfall (as good as it actually was, we expected more than what they promised us....so that's sorta our fault), Soul Sacrifice (the so-called PSVita savior).
21791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In your closet
Offline
Posted 7/11/14
Watch_Dogs. Biggest disappointment, in my opinion.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.