First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply GANGSTA. Anticipation and Discussion
62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/15
Quebec wth.....dammit.....
2018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Hamilton, Ontario...
Offline
Posted 6/24/15
Can't wait
101433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

FLjerry2011 wrote:

North Amreica Fans Out of Luck for CR !


Crunchyroll Adds ‘Gangsta’ For Non-US Summer 2015 Anime Lineup
Posted by Chris Beveridge THE Fandom Post


Gangsta VisualThe summer season is upon us and while we have a few shows that have had their simulcast plans revealed, more are going to be hitting hard in the next couple of weeks. One that has a lot of anticipation behind it may have had some of its plans revealed as Crunchyroll has announced they have some very limited pickups for territories for Gangsta. The simulcast service will be bringing out the show for premium members beginning on July 5th in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, New Caledonia and Quebec. Episodes will be live for free members in those territories a week later.

With Crunchyroll out of the picture for the series getting US distribution (for now?), that narrows it down to FUNimation and Daisuki as contenders.

In terms of production, manglobe will be handling the anime adaptation itself. It’ll be directed by Shukou Murase with scripts and composition by Shinichi Inotsume. Koichi Hatsumi is being listed as the overall series director while Yoichi Ueda has signed on to do the character design adaptation. We learned previously that STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION will be dong the opening theme song for the series while Annabel is handling the ending song.

The series will star Junichi Suwabe as Worick Arcangelo, Kenjiro Tsuda as Nicolas Brown, and Mamiko Noto as Alex Benedetto. Additional casting has revealed over the last few months that Hiroyuki Yoshino will be playing Doug, Yoshiko Sakakibara will be playing Gina and Mikako Komatsu will be playing Ginger. Takuya Kirimoto is signed on as Ivan Grazef, Tsuyoshi Koyama as Miles Meyer and Katsuhisa Houki as Daniel Monroe. These actors are also slotted to appear in the upcoming three part drama CD series that’s continuing its adaptation, with Takahiro Sakurai as Marco Adriano, Kana Ueda as Loretta Cristiano Amodio, Ami Koshimizu as Constance Raveau, Junji Majima as Emilio Benedetto, Shintarou Oohata as Gaston Brown, Koji Yusa as Domenico Arcangelo, Tetsu Inada as Galahad Woeho, Hideyuki Umezu as Uranos Corsica, Tomokazu Seki as Striker, Sayaka Ohara as Beretta, Yuuta Kasuya as Colt, Yu Shimamura as Erica, Shiori Izawa as Sig and Atsumi Tanezaki as Mikhail

Viz Media has released the first six volumes already.

Plot concept: In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men, petty thieves, prostitutes on the make, and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the “Handymen,” Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. One day, a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.

http://www.fandompost.com/2015/06/24/crunchyroll-adds-gangsta-for-non-us-summer-2015-anime-lineup/

UGH! %@$#@$@#! Goddamit, Crunchyroll!


63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 6/24/15


This is why you need a Funimation account! Seriously, it's worth it.
Koda89 
33624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:



This is why you need a Funimation account! Seriously, it's worth it.


Or at least a Hulu account. Hulu gets almost everything FUNi has, save for films and broadcast dubs.
69864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Haven,CT
Offline
Posted 6/24/15
Hopefully Gangsta comes on crunchyroll otherwise im watching on hulu ):
32324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/15
I just can't get onto this hype train cause I know I am going to be disappointed.
Manglobe isn't a very good studio.
And the mafia/underground genre has been rather boring lately (the last good one was Baccano).
But hopefully its not just a generic episodic mafia dirtywork of the week series, because that would be terrible (DtB).
215323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

CKD-Anime wrote:

I just can't get onto this hype train cause I know I am going to be disappointed.
Manglobe isn't a very good studio.
And the mafia/underground genre has been rather boring lately (the last good one was Baccano).
But hopefully its not just a generic episodic mafia dirtywork of the week series, because that would be terrible (DtB).


If they capture the thrill of the action, I think it'll be fine. But I agree about Manglobe's recent works being a bit messy recently. Mostly hit or misses.

The manga runs over 30 chapters at the moment so a 1 cour adaptation running 2 chapters each with maybe some omitted/additional content will be alright. Just hope they don't censor some of the more mature content.
Koda89 
33624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

stark700 wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:

I just can't get onto this hype train cause I know I am going to be disappointed.
Manglobe isn't a very good studio.
And the mafia/underground genre has been rather boring lately (the last good one was Baccano).
But hopefully its not just a generic episodic mafia dirtywork of the week series, because that would be terrible (DtB).


If they capture the thrill of the action, I think it'll be fine. But I agree about Manglobe's recent works being a bit messy recently. Mostly hit or misses.

The manga runs over 30 chapters at the moment so a 1 cour adaptation running 2 chapters each with maybe some omitted/additional content will be alright. Just hope they don't censor some of the more mature content.


Dude, it's airing on TV in Japan, it's getting censored.
101433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

This is why you need a Funimation account! Seriously, it's worth it.



Koda89 wrote:

Or at least a Hulu account. Hulu gets almost everything FUNi has, save for films and broadcast dubs.

I'm sure I'll be able to watch it somewhere. I have a Hulu account, well my husband does and I use it. That's why I haven't sprung for a Funi account yet. But I hate watching stuff there because they tend to delay releases and make you watch repetitive commercials even when you pay for the service.

Mostly I'm just venting my frustration because I've been paying for my CR membership since the end of 2008 and they continue to disappoint.
215323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

Koda89 wrote:

Dude, it's airing on TV in Japan, it's getting censored.


Maybe it will be uncensored on BDs.. Viz will probably release this sometimes in the future and from the news today, I think it will BDs will come out in France in 2016.
Koda89 
33624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 6/24/15

saprobe wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

This is why you need a Funimation account! Seriously, it's worth it.



Koda89 wrote:

Or at least a Hulu account. Hulu gets almost everything FUNi has, save for films and broadcast dubs.

I'm sure I'll be able to watch it somewhere. I have a Hulu account, well my husband does and I use it. That's why I haven't sprung for a Funi account yet. But I hate watching stuff there because they tend to delay releases and make you watch repetitive commercials even when you pay for the service.

Mostly I'm just venting my frustration because I've been paying for my CR membership since the end of 2008 and they continue to disappoint.


Unfortunately they probably will continue to disappoint in terms of getting hype titles going forward. FUNi deciding the expand their amount of simulcasts was CR's nightmare scenario realized. Used to be FUNi would get like one or two of the really hyped shows each season(at least in terms of action and/or drama shows, they would have more when you factor in comedy series), but CR would still get plenty of the non-Aniplex hype shows. But now FUNi has been grabbing more and more of them each season. Winter this year was god awful for CR in terms of getting new hype shows. It pretty much only had sequels(Saekano being the one standout non-sequel they got), whereas FUNi had all of the new shows people were talking about on various levels, Death Parade, Maria the Virgin Witch, Yurikuma Arashi, The Rolling Girls, Yatterman Night, etc.

And now that FUNi has signed that deal with Universal it is probably going to get worse as I'm going to assume that until the deal expires FUNi is going to have dibs on all the anime series Universal has a hand in.
101433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 6/24/15 , edited 6/24/15

Koda89 wrote:



Unfortunately they probably will continue to disappoint in terms of getting hype titles going forward. FUNi deciding the expand their amount of simulcasts was CR's nightmare scenario realized. Used to be FUNi would get like one or two of the really hyped shows each season(at least in terms of action and/or drama shows, they would have more when you factor in comedy series), but CR would still get plenty of the non-Aniplex hype shows. But now FUNi has been grabbing more and more of them each season. Winter this year was god awful for CR in terms of getting new hype shows. It pretty much only had sequels(Saekano being the one standout non-sequel they got), whereas FUNi had all of the new shows people were talking about on various levels, Death Parade, Maria the Virgin Witch, Yurikuma Arashi, The Rolling Girls, Yatterman Night, etc.

And now that FUNi has signed that deal with Universal it is probably going to get worse as I'm going to assume that until the deal expires FUNi is going to have dibs on all the anime series Universal has a hand in.


Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I realize it's not really their fault and they did bring me JoJo and Gintama, which are two of my favorites. Plus, I originally started my membership just as a general show of support for legal streaming and that hasn't changed. OTOH, most of the stuff they get is not anywhere near my strike zone so I feel like I'm getting less and less out of my contribution. At least I can now read their few manga titles for free, I guess.
52887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 6/25/15 , edited 6/26/15
Tentative "New Shows" Watch List


  1. Gangsta

  2. Rokka no Yuusha

  3. Gate

  4. God Eater

  5. Prison School

  6. Overload

  7. Monster Musume

  8. Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Sen'ek

  9. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

  10. Aoharu x Kikanjuu

  11. (Special(s) - Ushio to Tora/Game of Laplace/Charlotte - In case - Overload/Aoharu x Kikanjuu is to be removed.)
20406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/1/15
Airing today!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.