First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Giants of the Attack on Titan Anime not that farfetched.
165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/19/14 , edited 7/19/14
It's time to review Ancient Aliens again...isn't it?

Seriously though, there isn't much ground to gain by arguing Biblical sources or quoting the logical absurdities of Ancient Alien advocates. Too much of it hinges on poor research, theory spinning, or outright fabrications. Just because you believe something in particular cannot have occurred naturally (or by human hands, in the case of ancient civilizations), does not mean that there isn't a well understood and documented explanation for the phenomena floating around in the scientific consensus.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 7/19/14 , edited 7/19/14
Wow. Just wow.

Oh wait, somebody already posted about the Square-cube Law. And yet the OP continued.





Methinks the OP missed Proverbs 17:28 in his bible study.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/14

evilotakuneko wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

Oh wait, somebody already posted about the Square-cube Law. And yet the OP continued.





Methinks the OP missed Proverbs 17:28 in his bible study.


The giants were half angel in the Bible so they can defy any humanistic law but Ive alreayd went over that. Gravity does decrease with the increase in altitude separation from Earth. The square-cubes laws defies common sense observation that our Earth is a neither a square or a cube, but an oblate spheroid and huge ass dinosaurs prove this.
165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14
Disrespecting Einstein is contemptuous.

    1) Low percentages until one reaches a high enough altitude that one has escaped Earth's atmosphere. Though, in the case of a titan, its base would still be on surface level. This would cause some structural difficulties.
    2) Have you visited the Square-cube law page?
    3) Some random article on dinosaurs.

Lastly, adding "supernatural" to your argument fails to hold when it's interacting with the real world. It may seem like an odd fiat, why, after all, should anything be constrained to reality and physics? But it is an important one, if your aim is explanatory power. Perhaps you'll continue wishing it away, citing some hokey story or another, but that's all these kiwis and chickens are likely to ever be.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 7/20/14
Forget it, man. Reason doesn't work on his type.

After reading the thread, all I've left to do is thank OP for the laughs.

698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

BakaNikujaga wrote:

Disrespecting Einstein is contemptuous.

    1) Low percentages until one reaches a high enough altitude that one has escaped Earth's atmosphere. Though, in the case of a titan, its base would still be on surface level. This would cause some structural difficulties.
    2) Have you visited the Square-cube law page?
    3) Some random article on dinosaurs.

Lastly, adding "supernatural" to your argument fails to hold when it's interacting with the real world. It may seem like an odd fiat, why, after all, should anything be constrained to reality and physics? But it is an important one, if your aim is explanatory power. Perhaps you'll continue wishing it away, citing some hokey story or another, but that's all these kiwis and chickens are likely to ever be.



Like I said the square cubed law does not make sense. If that is the case with "human" as people get taller their functioning would start changing. People are getting bigger and taller and Im not talking about "Gigantism". If some is people like Yao Ming who is 7'6 are only 1 1/2 feet from not being able to function properly you would think they would lose some functions at such a great height but they don't. People like him play basketball very well. Plus the square cube law hasn't been PROVEN with humans has it? Plus you wouldnt have had dinosaurs and other large ass creatures. This guy here AGAIN is 7'5, HE should grow even taller which means according to your theory he should start to lose function even as a basketball player. http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/10760766/this-7-foot-5-high-school-junior-towers-teammates-active-nba-players People can try to make fun of me but they made fun of alot of people who became successful but actually Im the one thats laughing.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14
LOL.

Keep the hits comin'.

I'll just leave these here. OP won't read them, but someone else might find them interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pershing_Wadlow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_K%C3%B6sen

Also,



Yes I'm totally here just for the lulz.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14
LOL for someone who is trying to prove a point and make fun of me, then you post links to Wikipedia. Like i've said for the last time.

1) Scientists have been wrong in the past about everything and theories keep changing. What was learned in the 1600's and on we have found out they were wrong today. So some guy with square cube law that HASN'T been proven with humans and been broken with animals especially dinosaurs. Oh ya dont tell me through evolution they grew to be like that so square cube law doesnt apply to them. But wait maybe through evolution humans became giants.

2) Modern humans are growing bigger and taller WITHOUT Gigantism so therefore as they get bigger and taller they shouldnt be able to play basketball and other sports. But wait! Even at 7'5 being 16 years old their body should be failing!! He's only going to grow more and still play basketball well.

3) Dinosaurs prove that square cube law is invalid.

4) Things we thought as humans were impossible have been possible or found out later it was true.

5) Square cube law hasn't been proven with humans.

6) Gravity does decrease with the increase in altitude separation from Earth. The square-cubes laws defies common sense observation that our Earth is a neither a square or a cube, but an oblate spheroid and huge ass dinosaurs prove this.

7) Again the Earth is neither a square or cube.

Just to prove what we thought we knew from mainstream articles and how they will change our thinking in the future:

A)http://rt.com/news/173152-india-prehistoric-aliens-paintings/
B)http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/806686-the-human-skull-that-challenges-the-out-of-africa-theory/
C)http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/is-there-a-bermuda-triangle-in-space
D)http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1208_051208_giant_ape.html

Nothing you say will change these facts. It's just common sense.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 7/20/14
I never read a noteworthy text siting the bible as a reference.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14
You keep trying to engage me in some sort of debate, OP.

I've read the previous pages in this thread. I've seen your ignorance, denialism, and lack of critical thinking skills already in the pathetic arguments you have used and continue to try to use, despite several other posters showing you just how wrong you are.

My only hope here is to see if someone else might fall into your trap and in doing so, post something that I might find interesting.

Aww, and I bet you thought I posted for you.
(Apologies to Carly Simon)

698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

Sir_jamesalot wrote:

I never read a noteworthy text siting the bible as a reference.


If you do your homework like I said in the article that EVERY SINGLE ANCIENT CIVILIZATION has documented these giants. I cant site for you EVERY SINGLE CIVILIZATION TEXT, STONE TABLETS or whatever but that would be too much, I used the Bible as a reference because thats the most popular ancient text that describes giants. But I could give you Native American, Mayan, South American, Middle Eastern, Asian and European ancient text from all over the whole world.

698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

evilotakuneko wrote:

You keep trying to engage me in some sort of debate, OP.

I've read the previous pages in this thread. I've seen your ignorance, denialism, and lack of critical thinking skills already in the pathetic arguments you have used and continue to try to use, despite several other posters showing you just how wrong you are.

My only hope here is to see if someone else might fall into your trap and in doing so, post something that I might find interesting.

Aww, and I bet you thought I posted for you.
(Apologies to Carly Simon)



My arguments are not as pathetic as yours. You lack an open mind especially from ancient texts from all over the world for the past 10,000 years. But you dismiss them all. SO like I said before if they describe these giants from EVERY ANCIENT CIVILIZATION in the world and you find these to be untrue then you have dismiss EVERY HISTORICAL TEXT, TABLET OR WHATEVER is written on. But you know what you think you know, you don't know. The links I provided defies human thinking and what we know and scientist will continually change AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE.

30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

JuJuRoll wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:

I never read a noteworthy text siting the bible as a reference.


If you do your homework like I said in the article that EVERY SINGLE ANCIENT CIVILIZATION has documented these giants. I cant site for you EVERY SINGLE CIVILIZATION TEXT, STONE TABLETS or whatever but that would be too much, I used the Bible as a reference because thats the most popular ancient text that describes giants. But I could give you Native American, Mayan, South American, Middle Eastern, Asian and European ancient text from all over the whole world.



I maintain what I previously said.
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

JuJuRoll wrote:
My arguments are not as pathetic as yours.


Do you not understand?

I am not making an argument.

I really should stop posting for a while to see who else comes to try and pierce your (un)Reality Marble. Your sputtering and flailing is so amusing.

This is why I chose a feline online persona. Toying with prey is fun.
11497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

JuJuRoll wrote:


BakaNikujaga wrote:

Disrespecting Einstein is contemptuous.

    1) Low percentages until one reaches a high enough altitude that one has escaped Earth's atmosphere. Though, in the case of a titan, its base would still be on surface level. This would cause some structural difficulties.
    2) Have you visited the Square-cube law page?
    3) Some random article on dinosaurs.

Lastly, adding "supernatural" to your argument fails to hold when it's interacting with the real world. It may seem like an odd fiat, why, after all, should anything be constrained to reality and physics? But it is an important one, if your aim is explanatory power. Perhaps you'll continue wishing it away, citing some hokey story or another, but that's all these kiwis and chickens are likely to ever be.



Like I said the square cubed law does not make sense. If that is the case with "human" as people get taller their functioning would start changing.


You mean like many having major health problems in life, often having vastly shorter life expectancies, heart problems, back problems, etc?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071721/

"Rapid developments in genetic engineering are likely to lead to substantialincreases in the height of future generations. Health and longevity arestrongly affected by socioeconomic status, relative weight, regular exercise,and various health practices. However, animal and human data suggest thatlarger body size independently reduces longevity. Therefore, the promotion ofgreater height and lean body mass in our children needs to be objectivelyevaluated by the medical profession before it becomes the norm."

*sigh* why do people think individuals are immune from biomechanical problems?


People are getting bigger and taller and Im not talking about "Gigantism". If some is people like Yao Ming who is 7'6 are only 1 1/2 feet from not being able to function properly you would think they would lose some functions at such a great height but they don't. People like him play basketball very well.


Yes, being tall allows you to play basketball well. And Ming also probably has a rather large amount of muscle mass compared to your standard human. He is also likely to die earlier than your average human, and likely to have major heart problems as he ages. He won't be playing basketball into his 50s or 60s but likewise, he'd be very *VERY* lucky if he manages to live a long healthy life. Tall people seldom do.


Plus the square cube law hasn't been PROVEN with humans has it?


It has been proven for ANY biological organism which requires a ridged structure. Even PLANTS face the same issues, you can't necessarily increase the size of a tree to reach the stratosphere either, since the base required for that would be significantly wider than any proportions of tree on earth.


Plus you wouldnt have had dinosaurs and other large ass creatures.


Naturally, you don't seem to understand what the law represents. It says you can't uniformally scale up an organism to the same proportions. Dinosaurs, and other large creatures, have much thicker bones, ESPECIALLY if they are biped. I already showed you the damn bones, I linked to them, you can see them yourself!!!

"Big creatures need thick bones to walk on two legs" is seen in dinosaur bones. I showed you them. You just refuse to look.


This guy here AGAIN is 7'5, HE should grow even taller which means according to your theory he should start to lose function even as a basketball player. http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/10760766/this-7-foot-5-high-school-junior-towers-teammates-active-nba-players People can try to make fun of me but they made fun of alot of people who became successful but actually Im the one thats laughing.


Huh? Why? He probably spends an enormous amount of effort trying to stay healthy and fit. Doesn't change the fact that he is likely to die earlier than others. His body simply has to work harder to maintain basic functions.

The statistics are fairly robust, but you can continue to ignore evidence at your leisure. I mean, why look at bones when you can simply declare "thin big bone is a human's!!!" Who cares how well supported the claim is?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.