Post Reply Chromecast has ads
85072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 7/10/14
Yoooooo! So yeah the video is fine the android application for crunchyroll streams whatever I want but when it plays I get ads.

No other device in the house gets ads:
Ps3 - no ads
AppleTV - No ads.
Android Phone itself - no ads.

Made sure I was signed in and even re-logged. Still having the problem.

At first I was like "I'll deal" but yall have spoiled me to no end so I'm complaining now.

Do I have to somehow add Chromecast to my registered devices or something?

Thanks in advance.
18294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/11/14
Not sure why you have them, I have ChromeCast and I don't get any ads. I didn't need to register my ChromeCast.

Probably an error specific to your account or something.
85072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 7/11/14

Cloakedboltz wrote:

Not sure why you have them, I have ChromeCast and I don't get any ads. I didn't need to register my ChromeCast.

Probably an error specific to your account or something.


Yeah its still going on too its weird.
Quick question - are you a full-access member or a anime subscription only member?
Cause I'm an anime only subscriber...

Tried it out with multiple anime too just in-case it was something wonky with just that specific anime and it happens on all of them.
18294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/12/14 , edited 7/12/14

funnyginsan wrote:


Cloakedboltz wrote:

Not sure why you have them, I have ChromeCast and I don't get any ads. I didn't need to register my ChromeCast.

Probably an error specific to your account or something.


Yeah its still going on too its weird.
Quick question - are you a full-access member or a anime subscription only member?
Cause I'm an anime only subscriber...

Tried it out with multiple anime too just in-case it was something wonky with just that specific anime and it happens on all of them.


Anime Membership

136480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/14
Be sure to email CR support. Fufufu~
15009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/14 , edited 7/13/14
This just started happening for me too. I really hope its a bug, because its very frustrating to get ads with a paid subscription. I wonder if it still shows ads if I cast from my PC instead of using the phone app...

UPDATE: I got no commercials when casting from my PC. Seems like it's a bug with the phone app after all. (Android app, for the record.)
85072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Irish/German - Am...
Offline
Posted 7/13/14

kufirst wrote:

Be sure to email CR support. Fufufu~


YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!


Goluxas wrote:

This just started happening for me too. I really hope its a bug, because its very frustrating to get ads with a paid subscription. I wonder if it still shows ads if I cast from my PC instead of using the phone app...

UPDATE: I got no commercials when casting from my PC. Seems like it's a bug with the phone app after all. (Android app, for the record.)


Ahhh okay that makes sense. Well I guess I'll uninstall and re-install the app and see if that fixes it.
If it doesnt then I guess I will have to email CR support after all. (my computer and the TV in question arent in the same room so thats not an option)
15009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/14
Since your computer's in another room, I thought of another workaround that might help. Try using Chrome on your phone, navigate to Crunchyroll and start a video in the browser, then cast it from there. No idea if that will work (or is even possible), but could be worth a shot.
You must be logged in to post.