First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New Summer Titles: Bladedance of Elementalers, Invaders of the Rokujyoma, Nobunaga Concerto, Magimoji Rurumo
20201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Harrisburg, Penns...
Offline
Posted 7/12/14
wow, the love deleting posts that point out mistakes they made.
79260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Within the Empire...
Offline
Posted 7/12/14 , edited 7/12/14
ROKUJYOUMA NO SHINRYAKUSHA?

CR I LOVE YOU!!!! Thanks for managing to snag this one!
44239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 7/12/14
Will there be anymore Summer 2014 announcements, or does this conclude the announcements?
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/12/14 , edited 7/12/14

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

Will there be anymore Summer 2014 announcements, or does this conclude the announcements?

There is still one more "?" box for new simulcasts on the lineup page.

CR normally doesn't make announcements on the weekends unless they are at a convention (as was the case last weekend), or if they seal the deal on a title that they are able to start right away on a weekend.

74047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F
Offline
Posted 7/12/14

eshfemme wrote:


I was more distracted with the possible connection it had with an older anime film called Elementalors before a google search told me it was just a shared name similarity. But it seems like the Japanese think it's a real word or something.


After thinking a little more on it, I suspect using "Elementaler" has to do with what "elementalist" (the usual English term) would be in German, as the novels use several terms in that language. But it still sounds dumb to me, and the original title had no German in it, possibly for that exact reason.
75660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 7/12/14 , edited 7/12/14

rentadawg wrote: For Bladedance of Elementalers, I guess we can expect a ridiculously dense and sissy Male lead lol? Hate to say that but it's over saturated peeps.

It was over-saturated a decade ago, but all substantial segments of the otaku market have to be pandered to, since all of their money spends the same when its time to pay the rent.


_666_Anime_Hellboy_666_ wrote: Thanx CR for giving me Bladedance of the Elementalers in belgium , i'v been wating for this one. But please bring more series to us cuz we only have a limitid offer .

BTW, how many series do you see in the continuing simulcasts and in the new simulcasts (leaving aside any J-dramas)?

I think part of the reason the cupboard looks so bare is that last season was so hard on Belgium, and since that was Spring, many of the series are half-year series that continue through this broadcast season ...

... which means their holes continue too.

Even though this season is looking better, that doesn't fill in the holes in the continuing series section of the lineup.

Plus there is less poaching from ADN than the UK sees with AnimaxUK, but there is still one or two (Akame ga Kill and possibly Black Butler: Circus) where the gap in Crunchyroll rights might be because ADN picked up the series. There would be a bigger hole if it wasn't for TV Tokyo looking after Crunchyroll with the Re: Hamatora rights.
28281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/14

agila61 wrote:


rentadawg wrote: For Bladedance of Elementalers, I guess we can expect a ridiculously dense and sissy Male lead lol? Hate to say that but it's over saturated peeps.

It was over-saturated a decade ago, but all substantial segments of the otaku market have to be pandered to, since all of their money spends the same when its time to pay the rent.


Yeah it makes sense that way. But shows like Clannad and Nagi no asukara seems to do it right with relationships between the cast without ruining friendships and dense male leads. Have been watching anime for almost 2 years now and it's getting ridiculous, but oh well, this season has the shows I've been looking for.
75660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/14 , edited 7/13/14

rentadawg wrote:


agila61 wrote: It was over-saturated a decade ago, but all substantial segments of the otaku market have to be pandered to, since all of their money spends the same when its time to pay the rent.


Yeah it makes sense that way. But shows like Clannad and Nagi no asukara seems to do it right with relationships between the cast without ruining friendships and dense male leads. Have been watching anime for almost 2 years now and it's getting ridiculous, but oh well, this season has the shows I've been looking for.


Yeah, once someone has watched "enough" anime, they either like those shows with the "fill-in-the-blank" approach to a male "lead", or else are sick and tired of them.

(Note: male "lead" in quotes, because he normally stumbles along getting pushed into situations instead of leading.)

And, yeah, it was probably within two years of starting to watch a lot of anime when I got sick and tired of the shows that have that "fill-in-the-blank" as a "lead" character.

For me, a show like that has got to have something else I am watching it for, or I just drop it. For me, that normally involves whether the female characters are cookie-cutter types, or whether they have a strong and appealing enough individual personality to be able to treat the male "lead" as just a supporting character that just happens to get a lot of screen time.

If someone else likes that kind of show, fine ~ that's the advantage of having 30-40-more simulcasts, I can just drop one that doesn't appeal to me.


largeshadow wrote: wow, the love deleting posts that point out mistakes they made.

What, someone pointed out a mistake, and after it was fixed, they deleted that post? Yeah, that's a useful thing to do, avoiding those silly, "no, it doesn't say that at all", "well, it did say it, before they fixed it" exchanges.

And the people who were just trying to be helpful will be happy in any event that the mistake was corrected, while the people who were mostly interested in gloating about "catching" a mistake are going to grow up one day, and will then have the same attitude as the people who are just trying to be helpful.

11442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/14
Im loving the romance choices! So many great picks GJ! Tip of the Hat to you Sirs, Tip of the Hat, TIP... OF.... THE..... HAT
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 7/13/14
Blade Dance of Elementalers sounds an awful like Infinite Stratos..
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/13/14

sugar10110 wrote:

Blade Dance of Elementalers sounds an awful like Infinite Stratos..

Take a commercially successful property, put your own spin on it, and sell it.

The first light novel for it was release on December 24, 2010 vs. May 25, 2009 for the first IS light novel. Both were published by Media Factory. (Infinite Stratos switched publishers after volume 7).

16732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Not telling
Offline
Posted 7/13/14
Wow so many new titles. This is awesome!
Brand Manager
598688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 7/13/14 , edited 7/13/14

agila61 wrote:


largeshadow wrote: wow, the love deleting posts that point out mistakes they made.

What, someone pointed out a mistake, and after it was fixed, they deleted that post? Yeah, that's a useful thing to do, avoiding those silly, "no, it doesn't say that at all", "well, it did say it, before they fixed it" exchanges.

And the people who were just trying to be helpful will be happy in any event that the mistake was corrected, while the people who were mostly interested in gloating about "catching" a mistake are going to grow up one day, and will then have the same attitude as the people who are just trying to be helpful.



Actually, I was not aware of anyone deleting posts on this thread; can someone let me know which post was supposedly deleted?
75660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 7/14/14

lugiamania wrote: Actually, I was not aware of anyone deleting posts on this thread; can someone let me know which post was supposedly deleted?

The supposed post having supposedly been deleted, I wouldn't be able to say which one it is.

Its quite possible that someone pointed out a mistake and when the mistake was fixed, they deleted it themselves because it was no longer useful. I couldn't tell from what largeshadow wrote whether it was supposed to be a post they had written, or a post written by someone else and largeshadow was jumping to conclusions about it.

I was just being sarcastic since it seems like largeshadow was assuming it would be a bad thing to happen, when in reality it would be a good thing.

And if someone made a comment pointing out a mistake, and deleted it themselves when they saw the mistake was fixed ... well, I commend them, whomever they are. They're good people.
894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/14/14

lugiamania wrote:


agila61 wrote:


largeshadow wrote: wow, the love deleting posts that point out mistakes they made.

What, someone pointed out a mistake, and after it was fixed, they deleted that post? Yeah, that's a useful thing to do, avoiding those silly, "no, it doesn't say that at all", "well, it did say it, before they fixed it" exchanges.

And the people who were just trying to be helpful will be happy in any event that the mistake was corrected, while the people who were mostly interested in gloating about "catching" a mistake are going to grow up one day, and will then have the same attitude as the people who are just trying to be helpful.



Actually, I was not aware of anyone deleting posts on this thread; can someone let me know which post was supposedly deleted?


Are you already done with the Summer announcements? Why is there no 7/?? on the first page of your announcements?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.