First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Sky Wizards Academy Anticipation and Discussion
82916 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 7/23/15 , edited 7/23/15
Can't believe he just walked into the locker room in episode 2 - that's just pandering to the writer's/producers. This week's crotch spill carries on the noble tradition begun in episode one ...this time (like most girls) she starts wiping away! Interesting training regimen ...redhead, trust your instructor (surprisingly) he is way smarter than all three of you put together!!
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/23/15
Episode 3


One of the few highlights of the episode. You know you f'd up when you make the ice cream man cry.

This week we get Lecty in a maid uniform, Misora in a bunny costume, and we learn that Rico is an intellectual who also loves cute things. Pretty slow episode, but it did have some redeeming parts here and there.
4050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/15
Jesus every one saying it's so slow when clearly it's episode 3 chill the hell out. My opinion you rush the shit out of anime then your just going to get a shit ending with nothing memorable at all.
215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/29/15
She really does look like her mother...

Misora that is:
Posted 7/29/15
ep 4

Misora's poor mama...


Nice focus on Misora's past this episode and it looks like we''ll get some insight on Rico next week.
31046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 7/30/15
I think this show was a surprise for me. Didn't know what to expect from it, but from episode 1 to episode 4 in my eyes the show has improved a lot. We have a competent male lead that has that DGAF attitude at times (especially when everyone calls him a traitor) and I like how he is instructing his team. The fun part will be how he handles the 3 girl of the team. I really like the improvement in Lecty's social unease and Misora looks like she will become a more mature character (hopefully) after this episode.
2072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/30/15
Looks interesting! Im definitely a Fantasy Anime type dude and wizardry always catches my corners.
64158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Right behind you.
Offline
Posted 7/30/15

stark700 wrote:

She really does look like her mother...

Misora that is:


So, this picture and the father bothered me in a way.

I used to think the bugs negated the existence of the people they consumed, but since the picture survived, they only consume the memories not erase them from existence. So, what bothered me about the picture was that it was the only thing that survived of Misora's mom.

If i were a normal and married to a mage, and i knew i would eventually forget her because she would eventually die, i would take as many mementos as possible, since they survive. I would record videos with us, i would write letters to myself where i would write down what made her special, what she was like, how i felt about her, everything i valued. Something that could atleast help me understand who she was and why i cared for her as much as i did in the past. Maybe after you lose the memories you dont care enough to really look into it, but while you have your memories you know you tried to do something to remember someone that meant so much to you.

im sure its a little detail in the story, but it still bothered me a lot.
215311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/5/15
Rico's past this week...


My guess is that they will focus on the Lecty in the future since they already gave a background story for Misora.
Sigh, pacing still feels slow. I guess action will pick up next time with that ending.
31046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 8/5/15
Awww man I was really looking forward to the girls battle. Well, maybe we can see how they handle the devil beetles because you know being it's an anime even though only teams D rank and above are told to sortie our girls will be in the mix at some point. Also wonder if our instructor MC will also throw down. Cannot wait until next week.
40094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/5/15

shaunj07 wrote:

Also wonder if our instructor MC will also throw down. Cannot wait until next week.


I doubt it. The "I'll only show you this once" line, and Misora's reaction to his perspiration afterwards indicated that he's pretty much burnt through all his magic reserves. Probably the result of his fight with the beetles and the cause of the "traitor" jibes.

31046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 8/5/15

icecreamsnow wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

Also wonder if our instructor MC will also throw down. Cannot wait until next week.


I doubt it. The "I'll only show you this once" line, and Misora's reaction to his perspiration afterwards indicated that he's pretty much burnt through all his magic reserves. Probably the result of his fight with the beetles and the cause of the "traitor" jibes.



Just wondering if because of what you mentioned above will he even without his magic join the fight or will he simply instruct the girls what to do. I could see it falling either way. He doesn't seem like the kamikaze type from what we have seen so far. And I'm only guessing but when he was shown staying behind to fend off the devil bugs did he use some special skill kind of like the "8 inner gates" Might Guy uses which produces severe consequences which in turn makes him unable to generate magic like he once could.
Posted 8/7/15
ep 5

Rico's backstory was a bit short imo. I wish it dragged out a little longer.

Most likely we'll get an episode focused on Lecty in the future as well. Though I'm more interested in Kanata's backstory atm. Seriously, I cringe everytime I hear "traitor." It's about time that we learn why he has that horrendous label.

Looking forward to the big fight next episode.
7415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 8/7/15

ZeroRequiem_ wrote:

ep 5

Rico's backstory was a bit short imo. I wish it dragged out a little longer.

Most likely we'll get an episode focused on Lecty in the future as well. Though I'm more interested in Kanata's backstory atm. Seriously, I cringe everytime I hear "traitor." It's about time that we learn why he has that horrendous label.

Looking forward to the big fight next episode.


We've actually been given the answer in pieces already through a few different characters it seems.

Posted 8/7/15

neugenx wrote:


ZeroRequiem_ wrote:

ep 5

Rico's backstory was a bit short imo. I wish it dragged out a little longer.

Most likely we'll get an episode focused on Lecty in the future as well. Though I'm more interested in Kanata's backstory atm. Seriously, I cringe everytime I hear "traitor." It's about time that we learn why he has that horrendous label.

Looking forward to the big fight next episode.


We've actually been given the answer in pieces already through a few different characters it seems.



Such a mundane reason to be called a traitor.

I was a bit vague, but I was speaking of what actually went down during his battle with the beetles. I wonder if the demonic power he displays in the OP also has to do with that.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.