First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Fate/Stay Night (Anime) Discussion
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14
I stopped after episode 12 and had to found visual novel to fix it. (And Thank god I did)
I'am also not a big fan of Saber and Shirou/Fate route, Because nobody challenge Shirous beliefs. Shirou believed in something which nobody challenge, even fucking Kotomine didn't kick his fucking ass
After reading the another two route I tried to rewatch it and I almost died by cringed of how bad Deen Fate version is, why did they pick Fate? it considered the worst out of three (still has the best girl), why not UBW?.

I hate fate for how bad Shirou is in that route. I'm not fucking joking have you read the heaven feel route and compared a Badass Shriou to a weakling Shirou? Do you Read/watch the fate route only because of Shirou? Nope, don't lie you read/watch it because of Saber and you only made it through because of Saber. We should thank our lord and Savoir Arturia. Also Shirou just seemed as a Sexist person without power to back up his dumb ass or growth to back up his Character unlike UBW Shirou or HF Shirou (my Favorite Shirou is HF)


And the anime isn't bad, but it isn't neither good I would call it a average show in 2006/07.
I would rate this anime a average show after re watching it in 2013

6/10 <--- because of Saber
THIS IS JUST MY OPINON PLEASE DON'T STATE IT AS FACT OR START A DISCUSSION ABOUT IT
6091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

Do you Read/watch the fate route only because of Shirou? Nope, don't lie you read/watch it because of Saber and you only made it through because of Saber.

Actually, I don't really like Fate route in the VN, but I love the anime. The best part of the anime were the exclusive part (Archer vs Berserker, Caster arc, Rider vs Caster) the anime also have the fantastic OST (kenji kawai is one of my favorite composer).

And no, i don't look the serie for Saber, Saber is an idiot, like Shirou. She refuse to give her name to her master but want to give it to her ennemi (Assassin)

Saber also refuse to obey order, even when they are logical.

SaberX Shirou is the best pairing, because, they made for each other, they are 2 idéalist idiot.

And i llike fate route also because I am a big fan of romance and Shirou XSaber is the most cute paring. I remember me the couple of Buso Renkin or Kenshin
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14

chevalierkraken wrote:


Do you Read/watch the fate route only because of Shirou? Nope, don't lie you read/watch it because of Saber and you only made it through because of Saber.

Actually, I don't really like Fate route in the VN, but I love the anime. The best part of the anime were the exclusive part (Archer vs Berserker, Caster arc, Rider vs Caster) the anime also have the fantastic OST (kenji kawai is one of my favorite composer).

And no, i don't look the serie for Saber, Saber is an idiot, like Shirou. She refuse to give her name to her master but want to give it to her ennemi (Assassin)

Saber also refuse to obey order, even when they are logical.

SaberX Shirou is the best pairing, because, they made for each other, they are 2 idéalist idiot.

And i llike fate route also because I am a big fan of romance and Shirou XSaber is the most cute paring. I remember me the couple of Buso Renkin or Kenshin


O_O

w-w-w-w-wut?w-w-w-ut?wut?
R-R-R-R-R-Rin i-i-is t-t-th-the b-b-best pairing for Shirou
Do you understand what that sentence mean for us all? Now this thread is going to turn into the best pair for Shirou, then to a cannon route, then who is the best for Shirou, then to a who is the strongest, what is cannon and what isn't cannon.

We are all doom because of your little fantasy.

BTW Assassins deserves the name of Saber more Shirou at that moment
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

TomCraft wrote:

I hate fate for how bad Shirou is in that route. I'm not fucking joking have you read the heaven feel route and compared a Badass Shriou to a weakling Shirou? Do you Read/watch the fate route only because of Shirou? Nope, don't lie you read/watch it because of Saber and you only made it through because of Saber. We should thank our lord and Savoir Arturia.


I read Fate because I knew Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel came afterward. It had nothing to do with Saber, although I liked her as a character. Shirou was at the very least tolerable, too. He certainly wasn't as cool as UBW or as HYPE-CITY as HF, but he had his moments.

Remember this scene?

1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

kdroberts wrote:


TomCraft wrote:

I hate fate for how bad Shirou is in that route. I'm not fucking joking have you read the heaven feel route and compared a Badass Shriou to a weakling Shirou? Do you Read/watch the fate route only because of Shirou? Nope, don't lie you read/watch it because of Saber and you only made it through because of Saber. We should thank our lord and Savoir Arturia.


I read Fate because I knew Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel came afterward. It had nothing to do with Saber, although I liked her as a character. Shirou was at the very least tolerable, too. He certainly wasn't as cool as UBW or as HYPE-CITY as HF, but he had his moments.

Remember this scene?



He broke his arm,neck or threw him outside the window. Don't remember much of fate route after reading past the another routes.

I was talking about Deen Shirou, sorry for the confusion.
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

TomCraft wrote:

I was talking about Deen Shirou, sorry for the confusion.


Ah, my bad. Yeah, DEEN Shirou sucks. Come at me, Crimson.
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

TomCraft wrote:



Again we've already had this debate but I do consider Shirou having his ideals pushed back, just not shattered or mutated. He's shown that some people don't need him to protect them and that him causing harm to himself places a burden on others thus he learns to restrain it. I personally liked this version enough to buy the box collection and probably will still hold it in high regard even after all the other iterations are finished.

weakling =/= bad character. The Deen/Fate Shirou is more normal and less of the over-the-top shounen style characters he becomes in the other routes. While some may like the over-the-top types, others (like myself) prefer the support/normal types. I don't watch/read anything just for one character, rather I enjoy the entire story. If a character could kill a series/story I'd never touch the Heaven's Feel movie when it comes out cause I don't really care for Sakura, however I will because its part of the overall story.

My own pushbacks, cause while you're allowed your opinion I'm also allowed to correct/give alternative view of certain thing within it.






I can't agree with the idea that its hands down Rin. I prefer her with Archer than Shirou, because Rin to me works better as a partner. The best part however is that each route gives its own story and structure thus fitting whichever the female lead is to be the romantic interest so all of the females have reasons to be viable.
8496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 10/27/14
The DEEN adaptation was my entry point to the Fate/ series as well as Type-Moon fandom as a whole. When I saw it back in 07 I liked it and was entertained, so I don't see it as a failure as an anime. Looking back I do see it's numerous faults, which have been discussed ad nauseum. However, it functioned at that time as an entry point to the Fate/ series. Without DEEN 2006 I might never have known this universe existed.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:


TomCraft wrote:



Again we've already had this debate but I do consider Shirou having his ideals pushed back, just not shattered or mutated. He's shown that some people don't need him to protect them and that him causing harm to himself places a burden on others thus he learns to restrain it. I personally liked this version enough to buy the box collection and probably will still hold it in high regard even after all the other iterations are finished.

weakling =/= bad character. The Deen/Fate Shirou is more normal and less of the over-the-top shounen style characters he becomes in the other routes. While some may like the over-the-top types, others (like myself) prefer the support/normal types. I don't watch/read anything just for one character, rather I enjoy the entire story. If a character could kill a series/story I'd never touch the Heaven's Feel movie when it comes out cause I don't really care for Sakura, however I will because its part of the overall story.

My own pushbacks, cause while you're allowed your opinion I'm also allowed to correct/give alternative view of certain thing within it.






I can't agree with the idea that its hands down Rin. I prefer her with Archer than Shirou, because Rin to me works better as a partner. The best part however is that each route gives its own story and structure thus fitting whichever the female lead is to be the romantic interest so all of the females have reasons to be viable.

The only place i agree where Rin is a better partner to Shirou is HF. In fate it makes no sense as to why she and archer would help him, its seems like she and archer is just along for the ride and doesn't make sense as why archer would waste his life to save Shirou
(talking about both the VN and Anime).

After reading through the another route, it felt like Fate is just a "Tutorial/information dump" route.
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14

sehrverrueckt wrote:



Yep, you basically followed the same way I did into the series.


TomCraft wrote:



I was speaking in regards to partner vs romantic interest. Rin and Archer are both within the same mindset, much like Shirou and Saber are. As for why she teams up with Shirou, imo its a good tactic to forge alliances (even if they are temporary) to take others down then settle things in the end amongst yourselves (unless your alliance member gets taken down). Add to that the idea that Rin doesn't come across as bloodthirsty and it makes since she'd rather try to team up instead of fight (especially against Saber).

Fate basically is just that, while also adding in Saber's development as well. Which makes sense considering its the first route.
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:


sehrverrueckt wrote:



Yep, you basically followed the same way I did into the series.


TomCraft wrote:



I was speaking in regards to partner vs romantic interest. Rin and Archer are both within the same mindset, much like Shirou and Saber are. As for why she teams up with Shirou, imo its a good tactic to forge alliances (even if they are temporary) to take others down then settle things in the end amongst yourselves (unless your alliance member gets taken down). Add to that the idea that Rin doesn't come across as bloodthirsty and it makes since she'd rather try to team up instead of fight (especially against Saber).

Fate basically is just that, while also adding in Saber's development as well. Which makes sense considering its the first route.

What do you mean when you say Rin and Archer are both within the same mindset? I understand Shirou and Saber are, but Rin and Archer seems like one of the "Its okay we are just using each other, to obtain something we want" kinda relationship.
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/27/14 , edited 10/27/14

TomCraft wrote:


Both are cynics and to altering degrees pragmatists/realists. Both are willing to kill if needed, though Rin is as far into it as Archer is as she really only goes fully into it when its someone she finds reprehensible. Even the idea that they're using each other is shared between them, thus further reinforcing the 'similar mindsets' view.
6091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/14

kdroberts wrote:


TomCraft wrote:

I was talking about Deen Shirou, sorry for the confusion.


Ah, my bad. Yeah, DEEN Shirou sucks. Come at me, Crimson.


Hey, you two, Do you forget these part about Deen Shirou:

http://youtu.be/BJm56wryxTI

and also this part:

http://youtu.be/KQ2-SUNENEs


34243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/14 , edited 11/2/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:

I personally found FSN (Deen) to be a good anime that introduces a lot of story elements. I like the idea of the MC not being OP and instead needing to support the supernatural fighter, since it differentiates the series from some other shounen stories. I also like the idea of focusing on Saber and developing the person under the armor, the other versions show only her fighter side without going into depth on her as a person. Not to mention I like Saber x Shirou because of how they keep each other checked, not to mention that Shirou sees the person under the armor.

Imo the ones that say this anime is horrible or whatever either a) wanted a 1:1 conversion from the VN; b) don't like slice of life/romance styled; or c) jump onto the bandwagon to say how horrible it is.


Agreed. And I find more often than not that it's C. For most people who don't like it. I had a conversation with one of them and you know what they said "Because it sucks" that's it, no reasoning beyond that short sentence. I was glad someone else came in to tell
them why it was actually a good anime. I also like it because of how much substance it has. Plus it followed the game closely enough without following it too closely and introduced some awesome orginal elements.
34243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/14

chevalierkraken wrote:


kdroberts wrote:


TomCraft wrote:

I was talking about Deen Shirou, sorry for the confusion.


Ah, my bad. Yeah, DEEN Shirou sucks. Come at me, Crimson.


Hey, you two, Do you forget these part about Deen Shirou:

http://youtu.be/BJm56wryxTI

and also this part:

http://youtu.be/KQ2-SUNENEs




Oh man, I forgot about these scenes! And people think Fate and Deen Shirou isn't epic. He so epic in this! (In his own way) by the way who's your favorite character? Mine are Shirou and Illya.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.