First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply Fate/Stay Night (Anime) Discussion
22102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:


farispie wrote:



That's basically what I figured so good to know I wasn't off the mark on that part, cause I thought it may have meant that the Servant just had some degree of control (like being able to put up anti-Servant barriers or mana decreasing fields) over the territory but not actually be able to warp/physically alter the area.

Again I don't see a huge difference between the current ufotable characterization of Shirou and how Deen did it, as they show practically the same actions and the same events. The main reason for it 'not making sense' is exactly for the fact that it isn't economically sound especially considering Deen was the first to actually try to test how well an anime based on this series would do, besides that merging routes allows you to bring in new and fresh things via mixing up what is to be expected (if you've read the VN). Not to mention I've seen plenty of people mention how the Fate route is pretty info dump-ish, by adding in elements from elsewhere you break that up. The way I see it is like having a 'Third person shooter that also has rpg elements', sure you could have gone with 3 different games instead but if you can merge them together and have them work it leads to a more encompassing experience (I brought this particular thing up because a game I play is setup in just this fashion.)

I'm enjoying the current version as well though I don't know if I'd say 'more'. I'd say to watch the Deen version alongside the current version and you'll see just like I have that trying to say one is really hugely better is hard to argue as they're too similar for that to work. I like the new scenes as well (especially the one showing Shirou's archery skills), though I don't know if I'd put this series above the others for them alone. I don't like certain aspects of the current anime's Rin portrayal as I prefer the Deen version's portrayal; I also kinda like the idea of Shirou's driving factor being essentially "survivor's guilt' (Deen) rather than trying to spark an inner numbness (VN).

Here's the thing, while people like me argue for all the series to be watched and enjoyed VN'ers typically only want x-thing and if it doesn't fit that then its unworthy and should be 'blacklisted'. A friend of mine is seemingly in the minority that has read the VN and can't watch the Deen anime with as much enjoyment, however doesn't try to make it vanish from existence and instead sees it as a good intro to the series. I actually wonder if ufotable isn't actually silently acknowledging the Deen version by not doing a Fate-based remake series, instead focusing on UBW (compressed movie really didn't do the story too much justice) and HF routes. I'll admit that there's alternate ways to view that decision but that is a potential reason from my perspective.

Just want to make sure that this doesn't come across as me trying to invalidate your view but just give an alternate view.


tadams9795 wrote:


I think from the sound of it this falls into the ability being altered to fit into the story, they wanted an ancient city thus used the thinking behind this ability to have it happen and ofc the temple being on a leyline would supply her with enough mana to keep it in place (at least that's my way of thinking on it.)




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Ufotable's portrayal and Deen's potratal of Shirou, there are enough differences for people to notice. I have a friend who's never read the vn, nor even knew about the vn prior to watching the Deen version. Now she said she couldn't stand DEEN shirou, . She still hasn't read the vn (or really has jouined the Type Moon fandom ) and has decided to watch the Ufotable version.

In her own words : "I was so stunned by how different Shirou was in ufotable's episode 2 that I even questioned if my life values had changed lol" . Shirou in the old adaptation got on my nerves so badly that it took a twisted form of perseverance to sit through 20-some episodes. I'm still in awe how subtle script changes can transform a character from "you're so annoying" to "wow I totally get where you're coming from so let's be friends."

Sure, perhaps DEEN shirou and Ufotable shirou outwardly have done similar actions, but its the inward characterization that makes the differences. Dialogue changes, Shirou's expression during those events, his thoughts, etc. That kind of thing is what makes a difference to a fair bit of people.

If you don't see those differences or those differences perhaps aren't big enough for you, that's fine. But it is to a fair bit of people (vn readers or otherwise).
6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14

farispie wrote:


Deen gives the idea that Shirou wants to save everyone (mostly because of his survivor's guilt) and that to him that is what a hero should do. It's hard to distinguish whether he thinks that an 'ideal hero' should be willing to sacrifice their own life to accomplish that or if that's more inherent to Shirou's personality since to a degree I get the feeling he thinks an 'ideal hero' would be strong enough to not need to sacrifice their life. I'll agree with reckless but I don't know about the 'no apparent reason', since it all goes back to his wanting to protect people and most of the time he acts on that raw desire/emotion.

A lot of the Shirou drive is put on "survivor's guilt" (at least from my perspective when watching it), his desire to grow strong enough to protect others and be the hero that Kiritsugu couldn't be, and how reckless these drives can make someone (though through his time with Saber he learns to rein it in). He's forced to realize that a) he isn't strong enough to do everything alone and b) not everyone wants or needs his protection and both of these lead to him forging partnerships and fighting alongside allies instead of trying to fight for them.

I don't think I'd go so far as to say it was 'amazing' though I would rate it highly, though my main issue is with the ones that would immediately say it was bad or not worth watching.





I'd say your friend either a) got hit with the poisonous bias that hangs around Deen and its Shirou or b) hasn't watched the two shows together. Right now the two versions have a remarkably close portrayal of Shirou. Again I've now watched the two shows pretty much back to back and I don't notice any change.

I've yet to see any difference to the characterization for Shirou up to this point, he's still the same guy that was in Deen's version. I've pointed out the one part post-Rider fight where someone else said that he kept his guard up and asked Rin if she wanted to continue, that was in the Deen version as well yet this person essentially either didn't remember or didn't both to pay attention to Deen version.

The fact that I can watch both series and get the same or a similar feel from each shows me that its a double standard. And mostly in regards to Shirou, people usually b*tch and whine about the non-shounen super strong male leads regardless of how they're portrayed (ie Eren Jaeger from Shingeki no Kyojin, Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki, Honoka Takamiya from Witch Craft Works). Personally I love the idea of these character types and find the Deen-Shirou to be realistic for his personality and values. My main issue resides in the attitude people have towards Deen's version, instead of just saying its not to their liking they want to say how horrible it is and proceed to insult both the series and the character within. I have issues with some character portrayals in ufotable's version, however I don't try to use that to say how horrible the series is and how it shouldn't be watched.
22102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:


farispie wrote:


Deen gives the idea that Shirou wants to save everyone (mostly because of his survivor's guilt) and that to him that is what a hero should do. It's hard to distinguish whether he thinks that an 'ideal hero' should be willing to sacrifice their own life to accomplish that or if that's more inherent to Shirou's personality since to a degree I get the feeling he thinks an 'ideal hero' would be strong enough to not need to sacrifice their life. I'll agree with reckless but I don't know about the 'no apparent reason', since it all goes back to his wanting to protect people and most of the time he acts on that raw desire/emotion.

A lot of the Shirou drive is put on "survivor's guilt" (at least from my perspective when watching it), his desire to grow strong enough to protect others and be the hero that Kiritsugu couldn't be, and how reckless these drives can make someone (though through his time with Saber he learns to rein it in). He's forced to realize that a) he isn't strong enough to do everything alone and b) not everyone wants or needs his protection and both of these lead to him forging partnerships and fighting alongside allies instead of trying to fight for them.

I don't think I'd go so far as to say it was 'amazing' though I would rate it highly, though my main issue is with the ones that would immediately say it was bad or not worth watching.





I'd say your friend either a) got hit with the poisonous bias that hangs around Deen and its Shirou or b) hasn't watched the two shows together. Right now the two versions have a remarkably close portrayal of Shirou. Again I've now watched the two shows pretty much back to back and I don't notice any change.

I've yet to see any difference to the characterization for Shirou up to this point, he's still the same guy that was in Deen's version. I've pointed out the one part post-Rider fight where someone else said that he kept his guard up and asked Rin if she wanted to continue, that was in the Deen version as well yet this person essentially either didn't remember or didn't both to pay attention to Deen version.

The fact that I can watch both series and get the same or a similar feel from each shows me that its a double standard. And mostly in regards to Shirou, people usually b*tch and whine about the non-shounen super strong male leads regardless of how they're portrayed (ie Eren Jaeger from Shingeki no Kyojin, Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki, Honoka Takamiya from Witch Craft Works). Personally I love the idea of these character types and find the Deen-Shirou to be realistic for his personality and values. My main issue resides in the attitude people have towards Deen's version, instead of just saying its not to their liking they want to say how horrible it is and proceed to insult both the series and the character within. I have issues with some character portrayals in ufotable's version, however I don't try to use that to say how horrible the series is and how it shouldn't be watched.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Right, and as I said earlier, that yes the survivor's guilt is part of his character and that yes he wants to become strong enough to protect people even though he later realizes that he's not strong enough on his own. That is shown in both Deen and Fate. But there other aspects about Shirou's character that I find fascinating. For example the scene where Mitsuzanari (sp?) in the Ufotable version talks about how Shirou never seems to have any desire in his life. In the first place why is it that Shirou wants to become the hero that Kiri couldn't be? Is it just admiration or is there more to it ? , etc. There is more to Shirou than just feeling guilty about what happened to him in the fire that other versions allude to , that the Deen version doesn't go into great detail on.

Now regarding my friend, as I said she never really interacted with much of the fate stay night fandom (be it on beast's lair, here, or otherwise). So I don't think its this "poisonous" bias . Now, naturally you'll have a similar feel between DEEN and Ufotable, since well they are based on the same source material!, but there are enough differences for other people to take preference for one to another . Those differences may not be important enough to you, and that's fine. But it does make a difference to some other people (whether they are a vn reader or not).

And even in Fate, UBW, and HF, Shirou isn't "super strong shonen male type lead", most of his victories were through a series of very specific circumstances and he barely scrapes by with each victory. I would go as far as to say at times, its a dam near miracle he wins his fights (not to his own credit, but a alot of circumstance helped him). And its not like he walks without a scratch either, most of his victories ended up costing him quite a bit.

So, I guess to sum it up : Yeah, I can understand why you might feel annoyed about what people say about the Deen version of F/SN. But, on the other hand, considering some people prefer the Ufotable version (whether they are vn readers or not), I can also see why people say you should watch the ufotable version over Deen. So it ultimately comes down to personal preferences. and yes, these preferences are partially influenced by people's experiences with the source material).
6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14


I was more or less answering the idea of what Deen presented, since you mentioned not having watched it in a while. Mitsuzuri (thank you goes to wiki for that one xD) and yeah that was one of those added scenes that I'll adds to the story, however I don't really see it altering the idea much as iirc it shows a flashback to the aftermath of the fire thus reinforcing the idea of 'survivor guilt'. I think the part you're alluding to fits UBW well, though I don't know if it'd fit as well into the Deen version since it in a way would pervert/mutate the reason for Shirou wanting to be a hero. Its shown that he wants to be the hero Kiritsugu couldn't because a) he told Kiritsugu he would be come a hero in his place; b) I think some part of him could tell that Kiritsugu was kinda disappointed that he couldn't become that hero; and c) as you mentioned out of admiration towards Kiritsugu (the man that saved him). At least these are my impressions going off the flashback in Deen anime. Saying the other versions allude to/expand on the character I'll agree with, however my issue crops up in regards to trying to turn that into a degradation towards this version.

I'd go back to what I usually do which is that it wasn't her cup of tea. I mean the two have same events, same basic concept for Shirou, same places, etc. Even the one part where Rin investigates the gas leak, I didn't remember that part being in the Deen version so I thought it was a nice addition, I rewatched up to that part again and tada it was there the whole time. The new stuff they added is pretty low key things that don't have too much bearing on the core story. My view is that both versions should be held as parts of an overall story instead of trying to raise one higher (and my main issue with VN'ers specifically is that most of the time they're the ones trying to play this card).

Its said throughout that humans aren't supposed to be able to go against Servants, yet in UBW and HF Shirou does so via gaining abilities beyond him (and as you mention circumstances favoring him). In Deen however he doesn't become that and instead still has to fight alongside Saber when facing a Servant or uses reasonably low tier skills against humans which he's shown to struggle against (looking a you Kuzuki). The grandest thing he does is to forge an imitation Excalibur, which fits his level of skill well. If he'd been raised as a magus, a fighter, or had spent months training post-meeting Rin then I would find UBW and HF versions more reasonable (though again this is subjective).

This is like saying people should ignore the Fate route cause UBW and HF are the better routes. No, each part is a piece of the puzzle and should be brought in. Yes, people will have their preferences but don't use those to try to 'blacklist' a part you don't enjoy. And also don't tell me how much better, how one is a degradation/gets tons of things wrong, or how much closer to the source x-version is, when the difference is a hairbreadth (which is how I see ufotable and Deen versions being after viewing them back to back). If Deen got got so much wrong then how is it that ufotable's version is so similar, because Deen wasn't as far off the mark as is implied. (This isn't directed at you but is meant to be general.)

I go back to what I said before: Its like Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.
And I want to stress this is just to give my point of view on this, not to try to say its the only view or to be argumentative or whatever.
22102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:



I was more or less answering the idea of what Deen presented, since you mentioned not having watched it in a while. Mitsuzuri (thank you goes to wiki for that one xD) and yeah that was one of those added scenes that I'll adds to the story, however I don't really see it altering the idea much as iirc it shows a flashback to the aftermath of the fire thus reinforcing the idea of 'survivor guilt'. I think the part you're alluding to fits UBW well, though I don't know if it'd fit as well into the Deen version since it in a way would pervert/mutate the reason for Shirou wanting to be a hero. Its shown that he wants to be the hero Kiritsugu couldn't because a) he told Kiritsugu he would be come a hero in his place; b) I think some part of him could tell that Kiritsugu was kinda disappointed that he couldn't become that hero; and c) as you mentioned out of admiration towards Kiritsugu (the man that saved him). At least these are my impressions going off the flashback in Deen anime. Saying the other versions allude to/expand on the character I'll agree with, however my issue crops up in regards to trying to turn that into a degradation towards this version.

I'd go back to what I usually do which is that it wasn't her cup of tea. I mean the two have same events, same basic concept for Shirou, same places, etc. Even the one part where Rin investigates the gas leak, I didn't remember that part being in the Deen version so I thought it was a nice addition, I rewatched up to that part again and tada it was there the whole time. The new stuff they added is pretty low key things that don't have too much bearing on the core story. My view is that both versions should be held as parts of an overall story instead of trying to raise one higher (and my main issue with VN'ers specifically is that most of the time they're the ones trying to play this card).

Its said throughout that humans aren't supposed to be able to go against Servants, yet in UBW and HF Shirou does so via gaining abilities beyond him (and as you mention circumstances favoring him). In Deen however he doesn't become that and instead still has to fight alongside Saber when facing a Servant or uses reasonably low tier skills against humans which he's shown to struggle against (looking a you Kuzuki). The grandest thing he does is to forge an imitation Excalibur, which fits his level of skill well. If he'd been raised as a magus, a fighter, or had spent months training post-meeting Rin then I would find UBW and HF versions more reasonable (though again this is subjective).

This is like saying people should ignore the Fate route cause UBW and HF are the better routes. No, each part is a piece of the puzzle and should be brought in. Yes, people will have their preferences but don't use those to try to 'blacklist' a part you don't enjoy. And also don't tell me how much better, how one is a degradation/gets tons of things wrong, or how much closer to the source x-version is, when the difference is a hairbreadth (which is how I see ufotable and Deen versions being after viewing them back to back). If Deen got got so much wrong then how is it that ufotable's version is so similar, because Deen wasn't as far off the mark as is implied. (This isn't directed at you but is meant to be general.)

I go back to what I said before: Its like Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.


Yeah with you on some points. Of course fate, UBW, and HF are a piece of the puzzle (and consequently their adaptations are). Its comes down to, yeah "which version of those pieces you want ". And I don't think the other elements to Shirou's character (how warped his sense of self may be, what he tries to accomplish inwardly when seeking those ideals) are necessarily a degradation. Again this is more of a personal preference . But I do agree with your points on Kiritsugu, its just that me personally, I also like the other elements to Shirou's character when it comes to why he seeks his ideal (again, just a personal preference of mine. I am not trying to invalidate your point here).

And, regarding those abilities that shirou gets in UBW/HF, those specific set of cirumstanctes allowed to get him those abilities at a great cost, as opposed to other series where they get those abilities through sheer force of will or training, so that's why I meant by "still not a super lead shounen male".

Hrmm regarding the blacklisting thing, yeah I can understand that sentiment. But, I guess this goes back to which version of the piece of the puzzle people enjoy more (the vn, anime, etc).

6091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14
Actually, I think the main reason peoples so far prefer UFotable Shirou to deen Shirou don't come with problem about Deen Shirou, but with Fate Shirou.

What made Shirou annoying in Deen version?

I'ts how he believe easily, think to him like a friend and even made his work in the dojo. Everything here came from visual novel.

It's how he tell "A woman must'nt fight" this part of Shirou was also in the visual novel during Fate route.

And the last thing is how he act against Berserker by being Saber Shield (this was very dump, but it was in the VN during Fate route.

Some people said Deen Shirou is bad, but these same person forget that Fate Shirou is the same. And they also forget that Deen added some cool moment for Shirou making him less annoying than during Fate (Caster arc)

The ideal of Shirou are far better tell in Deen version than into Ufotable. Deen version show even more the admiration Shirou have for Kiritsugu by giving us more flashback and more moment where Shirou look Kiritsugu with star in his eyes.

For now except the discussion between mitsuzuri and Shirou, Ufotable made a very average presentation of the character. Rin is a Stupid Tsundere, Shirou have less backstory, Sakura and Taiga are nearly transparent...
6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14


I meant that adding the idea of him wanting to try to make himself feel something inside or specifically happiness and that being his driving force degrades the idea of just wanting to protect people. It makes it more self-centered, though again this is just my own interpretation of that. I like the idea of each adaptation adding a different element to Shirou via the differing circumstances opening the avenue to it, then when you so to speak 'zoom out' you see the overall image of what Shirou is (and in a sense what the overall FSN story is.) Though I can see how personal preference comes into play, which is why I try to suggest people to give the Deen version a try and if they like it woooo, if not then oh well. Personally I wish Deen would've gone a bit further away from the source to clear up some of the sexist (or comes across as it) parts he has, but its something I can mentally pass off as 'chivalry'.

I guess I can see that difference, however I do still like the Deen/Fate Shirou for the idea of being that rare 'support male' archetype. I'll have to wait for the UBW series to finish and then the HF movie(s) to come out to see those circumstances to see how I feel towards them. I just don't want Deen/Fate Shirou to be seen as a bad version simply because he's not as strong as the others, strength =/= good or bad character.

I tend to be the type of person that likes to pull in all forms of information and iterations of a story, because it both expands on that story (giving more time to be immersed in that world) and it can shed new light on characters. By saying this or that medium shouldn't be included you shrink that experience.
22102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/19/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:



I meant that adding the idea of him wanting to try to make himself feel something inside or specifically happiness and that being his driving force degrades the idea of just wanting to protect people. It makes it more self-centered, though again this is just my own interpretation of that. I like the idea of each adaptation adding a different element to Shirou via the differing circumstances opening the avenue to it, then when you so to speak 'zoom out' you see the overall image of what Shirou is (and in a sense what the overall FSN story is.) Though I can see how personal preference comes into play, which is why I try to suggest people to give the Deen version a try and if they like it woooo, if not then oh well. Personally I wish Deen would've gone a bit further away from the source to clear up some of the sexist (or comes across as it) parts he has, but its something I can mentally pass off as 'chivalry'.

I guess I can see that difference, however I do still like the Deen/Fate Shirou for the idea of being that rare 'support male' archetype. I'll have to wait for the UBW series to finish and then the HF movie(s) to come out to see those circumstances to see how I feel towards them. I just don't want Deen/Fate Shirou to be seen as a bad version simply because he's not as strong as the others, strength =/= good or bad character.

I tend to be the type of person that likes to pull in all forms of information and iterations of a story, because it both expands on that story (giving more time to be immersed in that world) and it can shed new light on characters. By saying this or that medium shouldn't be included you shrink that experience.


Yep, I totally agree with you there, which is kinda why I personally am fascinated by vns as a medium, b/c you can have multiple alternating stories that paint a overall picture. I am not one of those guys who will say "don't watch the Deen version!", but I am saying "You can watch the Deen version, but also check out the visual novel for the fate route for more details for an overall picture" kind of thing, you know what I mean?

But yeah, we strayed from topic I guess :P.

6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/19/14 , edited 11/19/14

farispie wrote:

Yep, I totally agree with you there, which is kinda why I personally am fascinated by vns as a medium, b/c you can have multiple alternating stories that paint a overall picture. I am not one of those guys who will say "don't watch the Deen version!", but I am saying "You can watch the Deen version, but also check out the visual novel for the fate route for more details for an overall picture" kind of thing, you know what I mean?

But yeah, we strayed from topic I guess :P.



I personally can see the appeal of VN's but don't think I'd be able to truly enjoy them since its hard for me, these days anyway, to try to imagine characters and doing actions instead of actually seeing it happen. In this one regard I like how if you choose to you can dive around the various Fate series (extended and main) and take the portrayals of characters from each and use it to give even more depth to them, or see an interesting new twist to the character but thats a digression so will avoid going that road xD Though I think FSN may be one of the few to actually have all routes be actually canon via alt. dimensions, which theoretically should halt shipping wars. See that's a way of thinking I don't mind, I'm not anti-VN just against the idea of it being considered the holy grail (heh) or that certain series aren't worth watching at all. Though this doesn't just apply to FSN-Deen and is a more general concept since I'd rather people try out series to see if they like it or not rather than have people telling them not to bother cause it sucks, who knows thanks to that naysayer the latter person may have just been robbed of an enjoyable experience. Not to mention most of the people I've seen have seen Deen-FSN then went on to read the VN, so if anything I'd say its actually boosting the fandom.

Well on topic: I didn't see anything about how you felt about the music in Deen-FSN (if you remember it anyway), personally I have to admit that I love it and wish some of it were reused. I think chevalier and Shwuishu have a few links to some songs in particular that really set it on another level for me.
22102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:


farispie wrote:

Yep, I totally agree with you there, which is kinda why I personally am fascinated by vns as a medium, b/c you can have multiple alternating stories that paint a overall picture. I am not one of those guys who will say "don't watch the Deen version!", but I am saying "You can watch the Deen version, but also check out the visual novel for the fate route for more details for an overall picture" kind of thing, you know what I mean?

But yeah, we strayed from topic I guess :P.



I personally can see the appeal of VN's but don't think I'd be able to truly enjoy them since its hard for me, these days anyway, to try to imagine characters and doing actions instead of actually seeing it happen. In this one regard I like how if you choose to you can dive around the various Fate series (extended and main) and take the portrayals of characters from each and use it to give even more depth to them, or see an interesting new twist to the character but thats a digression so will avoid going that road xD Though I think FSN may be one of the few to actually have all routes be actually canon via alt. dimensions, which theoretically should halt shipping wars. See that's a way of thinking I don't mind, I'm not anti-VN just against the idea of it being considered the holy grail (heh) or that certain series aren't worth watching at all. Though this doesn't just apply to FSN-Deen and is a more general concept since I'd rather people try out series to see if they like it or not rather than have people telling them not to bother cause it sucks, who knows thanks to that naysayer the latter person may have just been robbed of an enjoyable experience. Not to mention most of the people I've seen have seen Deen-FSN then went on to read the VN, so if anything I'd say its actually boosting the fandom.

Well on topic: I didn't see anything about how you felt about the music in Deen-FSN (if you remember it anyway), personally I have to admit that I love it and wish some of it were reused. I think chevalier and Shwuishu have a few links to some songs in particular that really set it on another level for me.


I honestly don't remember much of the music about DEEN-FSN, weren't they just remixes of the visual novel tracks (if I recall correctly)?

And, well at least visual novels have a good middle line between novels (where you have to imagine everything yourself) and anime (where everything is animated). I mean there are visuals and sound effects at least to help you visualize stuff.

And yeah thanks to a certain user of the second magic, all the multiverses in type moon are canon, so to speak. I know other visual novels where all the multiverses are canon (and ultimately this leads to the mechanic that leads to the true end).

6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/20/14


I have no clue, that'd be more chevalier's territory to answer as I only like stepped a foot into the VN (before the comp I had it installed on previously had its hard drive die).

Yeah though I always think of it as 'novel + game' though I can see the 'novel + anime' perspective too. The anime versions and even manga ones also give you a solid non-choosing type of experience so there's a feeling of structure or that this is the core story type of thing (though maybe thats just me.)

Honestly my knowledge of VN's is pretty limited (I know of FSN, Little Busters, Clannad, and Kanon maybe some others my brain just won't bring to the table too). See that's something I didn't know before about the canon-icity of FSN, I thought it was just an accepted thing not that it was literally something within the -verse that explained it. Things like Clannad I think just handle it like a newgame+ where the previous route didn't happen thus go with the next route, though considering in that particular case its more 'slice of life/romance/comedy' it makes sense.
6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14
Almost to the end of rewatch and some things I liked:


Went ahead and spoilered just in case someone is browsing through xD
6091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14

farispie
I honestly don't remember much of the music about DEEN-FSN, weren't they just remixes of the visual novel tracks (if I recall correctly)?



there is only 3 remix from the VN, most of the music were original and fabulous (Kenji kawai is one of the best japanese composer)

I posted here some music from 2006 anime (UBW movie OST is even better)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-858645/fatestay-night-anime-discussion?pg=2#48322357
6395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 11/20/14 , edited 11/20/14
Dunno if its remixed or not but my favorite is 'La Sola' though its not the only just at the top since its what I most associate with Saber.

Completely unrelated note that I noticed while perusing through fanart for FSN, wtf is up with all the Gil x Saber shippers/fans I mean people do realize that he wanted to a) rape her and b) own her not be with her. I really just don't get that at all \
14652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 11/20/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:

Dunno if its remixed or not but my favorite is 'La Sola' though its not the only just at the top since its what I most associate with Saber.

Completely unrelated note that I noticed while perusing through fanart for FSN, wtf is up with all the Gil x Saber shippers/fans I mean people do realize that he wanted to a) rape her and b) own her not be with her. I really just don't get that at all \


I'm thinking it's because they LOOK good together. I just see those and I'm like "Nope. Gil can only be paired with Enkidu and Hakuno Kishinami(female)" I'm reading someone's translated Gilgamesh playthrough of Fate/Extra CCC and Gil is just lol. I'm sure I said it already in one of the Fate threads, but I really wish we got to see more of this side of Gil. He's such a Gilgamesh (couldn't think of a proper word, but its a mix of likeable, tsundere, sweetheart, jerkass, hero?, idk ), I love it!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.