First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
gas prices
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 7/17/14
decide to remake a closed thread seeing how it's been dead for a while (most post being back in '08)

so pretty straight forward, how much does gas cost where you live? do you cry every time you go to the pump? do you think lighting your wallet on fire would be more productive? how much do you spend a week on gas? do you fill up with gasoline or diesel?

around where I live (in the plain state of kansas) gas is about $3.59 to $3.64 a gallon

before I finished collage, I was spending almost $100 a week in gas. now it's about $50
22761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 7/17/14
Ranges from $3.40-$3.65
I fill my car up every time I get paid every other week (it costs about $50-$60).
27343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Fukang, Xinjiang,...
Offline
Posted 7/17/14
Petrol is about £1.24 per litre, Diesel about £1.38 per litre or more here...

Bear in mind £1 per litre is about $7.80 per gallon according to google O_o
Petrol isn't cheap here xD It actually costs under 80p per litre, but there's a whole lot of tax...

Your petrol is £2.10 per gallon, which comes to about 46p per litre O_O So your petrol costs about a third of the cost in the UK, if my maths is right O_o

*starts crying*
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 7/17/14

cbborfmm wrote:

Petrol is about £1.24 per litre, Diesel about £1.38 per litre or more here...

Bear in mind £1 per litre is about $7.80 per gallon according to google O_o
Petrol isn't cheap here xD It actually costs under 80p per litre, but there's a whole lot of tax...

Your petrol is £2.10 per gallon, which comes to about 46p per litre O_O So your petrol costs about a third of the cost in the UK, if my maths is right O_o

*starts crying*


dear god man! my wallet just cried out in horror
9757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/14
About $3.80 per gallon.
13372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 7/17/14
between $3.15 and $3.40
27343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Fukang, Xinjiang,...
Offline
Posted 7/17/14

longdanzi103 wrote:


cbborfmm wrote:

Petrol is about £1.24 per litre, Diesel about £1.38 per litre or more here...

Bear in mind £1 per litre is about $7.80 per gallon according to google O_o
Petrol isn't cheap here xD It actually costs under 80p per litre, but there's a whole lot of tax...

Your petrol is £2.10 per gallon, which comes to about 46p per litre O_O So your petrol costs about a third of the cost in the UK, if my maths is right O_o

*starts crying*


dear god man! my wallet just cried out in horror


Yeah It's quite a lot...

A full tank will come to about £50-£60 I guess? That's between $86 and $103 I guess.. Depends on the size of the tank and if you have any vouchers. Those are usually only 5p or 10p off per litre though xD
51057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/17/14
California

I just filled up my tank yesterday. $4.29 for premium.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 7/17/14

cbborfmm wrote:


longdanzi103 wrote:


cbborfmm wrote:

Petrol is about £1.24 per litre, Diesel about £1.38 per litre or more here...

Bear in mind £1 per litre is about $7.80 per gallon according to google O_o
Petrol isn't cheap here xD It actually costs under 80p per litre, but there's a whole lot of tax...

Your petrol is £2.10 per gallon, which comes to about 46p per litre O_O So your petrol costs about a third of the cost in the UK, if my maths is right O_o

*starts crying*


dear god man! my wallet just cried out in horror


Yeah It's quite a lot...

A full tank will come to about £50-£60 I guess? That's between $86 and $103 I guess.. Depends on the size of the tank and if you have any vouchers. Those are usually only 5p or 10p off per litre though xD


I have a 17 gallon tank on my car and I fill up about 1 and a half times (I like to put gas in it when I'm around 1/4 a tank or so) so $7.80 * 25.5...... well I'm going to have nightmares tonight =͟͟͞͞ =͟͟͞͞ ヘ( ´Д`)ノ
27343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Fukang, Xinjiang,...
Offline
Posted 7/17/14

longdanzi103 wrote:


cbborfmm wrote:


longdanzi103 wrote:


cbborfmm wrote:

Petrol is about £1.24 per litre, Diesel about £1.38 per litre or more here...

Bear in mind £1 per litre is about $7.80 per gallon according to google O_o
Petrol isn't cheap here xD It actually costs under 80p per litre, but there's a whole lot of tax...

Your petrol is £2.10 per gallon, which comes to about 46p per litre O_O So your petrol costs about a third of the cost in the UK, if my maths is right O_o

*starts crying*


dear god man! my wallet just cried out in horror


Yeah It's quite a lot...

A full tank will come to about £50-£60 I guess? That's between $86 and $103 I guess.. Depends on the size of the tank and if you have any vouchers. Those are usually only 5p or 10p off per litre though xD


I have a 17 gallon tank on my car and I fill up about 1 and a half times (I like to put gas in it when I'm around 1/4 a tank or so) so $7.80 * 25.5...... well I'm going to have nightmares tonight =͟͟͞͞ =͟͟͞͞ ヘ( ´Д`)ノ


Haha

Lots of really efficient cars starting to make their way into the market now though, there's a few engines under a litre capacity that can push 120hp now... Big turbochargers going on to normal engines now, saves a lot of fuel if used on a small engine... Most new cars with this stuff can average 60 mpg, perhaps over 100 on a motorway

23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 7/17/14

cbborfmm wrote:



sadly mine drinks gas, it was really bad when I still had school but if I lived in the UK.....
27343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Fukang, Xinjiang,...
Offline
Posted 7/17/14 , edited 7/17/14

longdanzi103 wrote:


cbborfmm wrote:



sadly mine drinks gas, it was really bad when I still had school but if I lived in the UK.....


Haha most people get by without complaining from my experience... HAs been like this for ages. There was a bit of protest years ago when petrol went above 80p per litre though! It has come down a bit recently, was 5-10p per litre more earlier in the year, so that's good

I think lots more people in the USA have inefficient cars... Most here seem pretty efficient, and there's all sorts of EU laws on vehicle emissions and efficiency now haha Who knows
Posted 7/17/14
$3.15
13245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MS
Offline
Posted 7/17/14
When I drive to and from school I spend about $80 a week in gas. It's not that bad esp since when I was in high school gas was 3.50-4.30. But when you don't have money it huurrrttss T_T
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 7/17/14

cbborfmm wrote:


longdanzi103 wrote:


cbborfmm wrote:



sadly mine drinks gas, it was really bad when I still had school but if I lived in the UK.....


Haha most people get by without complaining from my experience... HAs been like this for ages. There was a bit of protest years ago when petrol went above 80p per litre though! It has come down a bit recently, was 5-10p per litre more earlier in the year, so that's good

I think lots more people in the USA have inefficient cars... Most here seem pretty efficient, and there's all sorts of EU laws on vehicle emissions and efficiency now haha Who knows
yeah I can't count how many times I pull up to see a lady driving a massive SUV or a hummer (ugh why would anyone want one of those?) and they are the only one in the car... then again I do drive a taurus
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.