First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Chances of Brynhildr in the Darkness season 2 ?
Posted 12/3/15

Iscu wrote:

Title say's it all
Do you guys think that there is a chance for a season 2 or not ?


They murder the manga. So badly I can't unseen it.
22989 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
The show was decent up to around Ep. 9 but then they decided to jump over 70 chapters to the Valkyrie fight and it was a rushed mess.
230122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 12/3/15 , edited 12/3/15

KarenAraragi wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Yeah same. I would go with a remake rather than season 2. And also, change the studio. I've accepted the fact that studio ARMS is one of the worst studios when it comes to adaptation material of recent years. This even goes for original series as well.


Got some examples of those horrors?


Not sure about horrors but some of their horrible works include Isuca, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, Queen's Blade, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, at least in terms of storytelling. Elfen Lied also has its flaws but it's one of my personal favorites. I recommend the manga though for that since it's by the same author and the story extends far beyond what the anime covered.

Wizard Barristers (an original show) was also pretty bad in the second half.

On a positive note, Genshiken was pretty well done by them. I really wish they focus more on realistic slice of life shows.
74891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/3/15

Series5Ranger wrote:

The show was decent up to around Ep. 9 but then they decided to jump over 70 chapters to the Valkyrie fight and it was a rushed mess.

Mentioned already but rumors were that it was supposed to be 2 cour at first, to complete up to the end of book 10. Then... it was changed to 1 cour but still with the goal of reaching the end of book 10. Only option was to hack, slash and main the poor plot...

I still really enjoyed the anime actually but the manga is much better. I wish they'd make another season. 15 books are done now so S2 in 1 cour would be perfect LOL. Not sure it will get to 20 books the way the manga is going at present.

Don't shoot the messenger though. Studio Arms just animated the darned thing. They weren't in charge of the number of episodes and how much of the story to cover. That was up to the publisher and creator mostly.
Posted 12/3/15

stark700 wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


stark700 wrote:

Yeah same. I would go with a remake rather than season 2. And also, change the studio. I've accepted the fact that studio ARMS is one of the worst studios when it comes to adaptation material of recent years. This even goes for original series as well.


Got some examples of those horrors?


Not sure about horrors but some of their horrible works include Isuca, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, Queen's Blade, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, at least in terms of storytelling. Elfen Lied also has its flaws but it's one of my personal favorites. I recommend the manga though for that since it's by the same author and the story extends far beyond what the anime covered.

Wizard Barristers (an original show) was also pretty bad in the second half.

On a positive note, Genshiken was pretty well done by them. I really wish they focus more on realistic slice of life shows.


Isuca yeah I know about that one. Is day and night compared to the manga. In certain areas. Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. I enjoy it but I feel it could been better. Queen's Blade. Can't get past the first episode. Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls. Yeah love the show but could been better too. Elfen Lied. I think the pacing was a bit too slow. But still love the anime thou. Wizard Barristers. Haven't seen it. Genshiken. I haven't seen it ether.
14305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
half of this show is so close to being hentai lol
25194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Offline
Posted 12/3/15
The series started off good, but then got rushed to a completion . I'd say there is very little chance for a season 2. but one can hope for a reboot.
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mount Vernon, WA,...
Offline
Posted 12/13/16 , edited 12/13/16
My apologies if this topic is dead, however as of march 4th of this year it's confirmed that a 2nd season will be made. Not sure if anyone kept up on it, I just watched the first season myself, don't know why people don't like this anime, I personally thought it was great! According to some digging I have done, the manga for the series is still going extremely strong as well.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-04/animax-asia-brynhildr-in-the-darkness-rage-of-bahamut-genesis-premiere-dates-revealed/.99344
34091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

DLCoates1 wrote:

My apologies if this topic is dead, however as of march 4th of this year it's confirmed that a 2nd season will be made. Not sure if anyone kept up on it, I just watched the first season myself, don't know why people don't like this anime, I personally thought it was great! According to some digging I have done, the manga for the series is still going extremely strong as well.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-04/animax-asia-brynhildr-in-the-darkness-rage-of-bahamut-genesis-premiere-dates-revealed/.99344
The article only states that Rage of Bahamut is getting a second season (a spin-off that was actually canceled, but we are getting a sequel next year).

34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mount Vernon, WA,...
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

CKD-Anime wrote:


DLCoates1 wrote:

My apologies if this topic is dead, however as of march 4th of this year it's confirmed that a 2nd season will be made. Not sure if anyone kept up on it, I just watched the first season myself, don't know why people don't like this anime, I personally thought it was great! According to some digging I have done, the manga for the series is still going extremely strong as well.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-04/animax-asia-brynhildr-in-the-darkness-rage-of-bahamut-genesis-premiere-dates-revealed/.99344
The article only states that Rage of Bahamut is getting a second season (a spin-off that was actually canceled, but we are getting a sequel next year).



I think you misread. I will highlight key words so you can see them better.

"The anime's staff previously confirmed that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. A spinoff anime titled Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends will also premiere in Japan on April 1."

See it now? It's saying the spin off is separate from the 2nd season. Basically, a 2nd season is in the works, and so is a spin off, though as you said the spin off itself was canceled. However the 2nd season was not.
34091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

DLCoates1 wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:
The article only states that Rage of Bahamut is getting a second season (a spin-off that was actually canceled, but we are getting a sequel next year).



I think you misread. I will highlight key words so you can see them better.

"The anime's staff previously confirmed that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. A spinoff anime titled Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends will also premiere in Japan on April 1."

See it now? It's saying the spin off is separate from the 2nd season. Basically, a 2nd season is in the works, and so is a spin off, though as you said the spin off itself was canceled. However the 2nd season was not.
My point still stands, the article never said there will be a second season of Brynhildr

34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mount Vernon, WA,...
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

CKD-Anime wrote:


DLCoates1 wrote:


CKD-Anime wrote:
The article only states that Rage of Bahamut is getting a second season (a spin-off that was actually canceled, but we are getting a sequel next year).



I think you misread. I will highlight key words so you can see them better.

"The anime's staff previously confirmed that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. A spinoff anime titled Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends will also premiere in Japan on April 1."

See it now? It's saying the spin off is separate from the 2nd season. Basically, a 2nd season is in the works, and so is a spin off, though as you said the spin off itself was canceled. However the 2nd season was not.
My point still stands, the article never said there will be a second season of Brynhildr



" The anime's staff previously confirmed that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. A spinoff anime titled Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends will also premiere in Japan on April 1."

You were saying? It says right there that the creators of the anime are saying a 2nd season was green lit, aka it's in the works.
34091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

DLCoates1 wrote:
" The anime's staff previously confirmed that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. A spinoff anime titled Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends will also premiere in Japan on April 1."

You were saying? It says right there that the creators of the anime are saying a 2nd season was green lit, aka it's in the works.
The article is talking about the second season of Rage of Bahamut, they are not talking about Brynhildr.

To confirm what I am saying: Open the article, the word season is hyperlinked to an article about the second season of Bahamut.

34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Mount Vernon, WA,...
Offline
Posted 12/14/16

CKD-Anime wrote:


DLCoates1 wrote:
" The anime's staff previously confirmed that a second season of the anime has been green-lit. A spinoff anime titled Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends will also premiere in Japan on April 1."

You were saying? It says right there that the creators of the anime are saying a 2nd season was green lit, aka it's in the works.
The article is talking about the second season of Rage of Bahamut, they are not talking about Brynhildr.

To confirm what I am saying: Open the article, the word season is hyperlinked to an article about the second season of Bahamut.



Just reread the article, not sure how I missed that...
34091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 12/14/16 , edited 12/14/16

DLCoates1 wrote:
Just reread the article, not sure how I missed that...
No problem. It happens occasionally, although it's usually people posting links to clickbait sites.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.