First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Absolute Duo Anticipation and Discussion
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14
Also regarding the studio. You can only hate them if you hate the animation because that's literally all they do. If you hate the storytelling/execution of the studio's works hate the writers.
So if you don't like Infinite Stratos 2,The Fruit of Grisaia, and/or Walkure Romanze please take it out on Fumihiko Shiro, Kurata Hideyuki and/or Fudeyasu Kazuyuki respectively and not 8bit.

And if I see one more person acting like this series is already nearing completion and calling it off as generic and saying the heroine is gonna be another Shana clone (yes I'm looking at you h9) I'm gonna go insane.
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:


xxJing wrote:

Why is Matsuoka Yoshitsugu doing like a dozen generic harem animes this spring? It's like Kirito is jumping through dimensions into almost the exact same situation he was originally in, just with a new skin.


How would you know it's generic? It hasn't even aired yet.


The premise is almost the exact same thing as every other harem anime out there. Guy with special power enrolls in some school and gets with a bunch of chicks. Trinity Seven (Also with Matsuoka) just barely escaped the generic tag by having the main character have an awesome proactive personality. However if he was a wise-ass kind guy who was oblivious to the feelings of the girls around him, then it would have been just like every other harem anime out there.

All I have to say is, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, then it probably is a duck. It could be nice duck, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a duck.


But the duck hasn't even started swimming yet. So how are you going to judge the duck's swimming when it hasn't even started?
Also Grisaia had the same premise of guy going to school with a bunch if girls. And it's not generic at all. (Putting aside whether you think it's good or not)
52873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

dwilson2000 wrote:
And if I see one more person acting like this series is already nearing completion and calling it off as generic and saying the heroine is gonna be another Shana clone (yes I'm looking at you h9) I'm gonna go insane.


D: what if we already read it and know it will be generic? do we get a pass? T.T
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

dwilson2000 wrote:

But the duck hasn't even started swimming yet. So how are you going to judge the duck's swimming when it hasn't even started?
Also Grisaia had the same premise of guy going to school with a bunch if girls. And it's not generic at all. (Putting aside whether you think it's good or not)


You are right about that. However, this still seems too much like Bladedance of the Elementalers and similar animes to me. And though I enjoyed watching Bladedance, it was about as generic as harems come. It even had the most stereotypical tsundere for a main heroine. Red hair, twin-tails, 'I will kill you!' catch-phrase. Just wait for it, you know this will have something like that too.
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

But the duck hasn't even started swimming yet. So how are you going to judge the duck's swimming when it hasn't even started?
Also Grisaia had the same premise of guy going to school with a bunch if girls. And it's not generic at all. (Putting aside whether you think it's good or not)


You are right about that. However, this still seems too much like Bladedance of the Elementalers and similar animes to me. And though I enjoyed watching Bladedance, it was about as generic as harems come. It even had the most stereotypical tsundere for a main heroine. Red hair, twin-tails, 'I will kill you!' catch-phrase. Just wait for it, you know this will have something like that too.


Yes and if that is how it turns out I will shut up. I'm just saying at least give it a chance.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

dwilson2000 wrote:


xxJing wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

But the duck hasn't even started swimming yet. So how are you going to judge the duck's swimming when it hasn't even started?
Also Grisaia had the same premise of guy going to school with a bunch if girls. And it's not generic at all. (Putting aside whether you think it's good or not)


You are right about that. However, this still seems too much like Bladedance of the Elementalers and similar animes to me. And though I enjoyed watching Bladedance, it was about as generic as harems come. It even had the most stereotypical tsundere for a main heroine. Red hair, twin-tails, 'I will kill you!' catch-phrase. Just wait for it, you know this will have something like that too.


Yes and if that is how it turns out I will shut up. I'm just saying at least give it a chance.


Although what my original complaint was , wasn't about whether this will be generic or not. It was why the hell is Matsuoka Yoshitsugu voicing so many of these leads in harem animes based on light novels. From his JP wiki page, he is voicing 5 harem leads in 2015 so far. Actually the only anime in which he isn't voicing a LN harem lead is Shokugeki no Soma. That would actually be a Manga Harem lead... is what I would like to say, but despite what the series looks like at a glance, it is not a harem, it's almost entirely about cooking, the girls are just for show.
55583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

dwilson2000 wrote:

saying the heroine is gonna be another Shana clone (yes I'm looking at you h9) I'm gonna go insane.


I didn't say that though.

I've never even seen Shana either.

But...she looks like a toddler so that's check....will wait on the personality.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/28/14 , edited 12/28/14

h9902014 wrote:

But...she looks like a toddler so that's check....will wait on the personality.


The main heroine looks like a Kuudere to me

I'm guessing the blonde girl will be the tsundere.
55583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

But...she looks like a toddler so that's check....will wait on the personality.


The main heroine looks like a Kuudere to me

I'm guessing the blonde girl will be the tsundere.


Yes....that's what I think as well, and most of them don't really appeal to me(some do).

Yea, I can belive that.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/28/14

h9902014 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


h9902014 wrote:

But...she looks like a toddler so that's check....will wait on the personality.


The main heroine looks like a Kuudere to me

I'm guessing the blonde girl will be the tsundere.


Yes....that's what I think as well, and most of them don't really appeal to me(some do).

Yea, I can belive that.


I like my kuuderes (probably my favorite archetype), so I'm interested to see what the MH is like. But from the first episode we should have a pretty good understanding if this will be generic or something worthwhile.

Either way, the fanservice will be good so that's most important.
5368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/14
Will this be streamed on Crunchyroll?
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/29/14

tuhbakee wrote:

Will this be streamed on Crunchyroll?


We have no idea yet, but I'd imagine it will.
5368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


tuhbakee wrote:

Will this be streamed on Crunchyroll?


We have no idea yet, but I'd imagine it will.


Cool. I just hope Funimation doesn't snag anything else up.
xxJing 
37179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 12/29/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


I like my kuuderes (probably my favorite archetype), so I'm interested to see what the MH is like. But from the first episode we should have a pretty good understanding if this will be generic or something worthwhile.

Either way, the fanservice will be good so that's most important.


I like tsunderes but only if they are the right type of tsundere.

Tsunderes like Chidori from FMP and Haru from Nisekoi are the right type of tsundere. They are abrasive when they have a reason to be (and both Chidori and Haru have very good reasons to be abrasive), but very sensible and easy to get along with otherwise. Basically they are women that aren't idiots. These girls punish the main character for things that ARE the main character's fault.

Tsunderes like Shana or Louise are the wrong type of tsunderes. They have a personality disorder that causes them to almost perpetually have sticks up their asses. These girls punish the main character for pretty much no reason at all.
28205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/29/14
If I'm not mistaken I think people die in this so its not just a generic harem some people are saying. Might be wrong I know it has tragic past and probably tragedy somewhere else... seems i saw that tag attached to this somewhere.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.