First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What makes a person a genius?
2215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14
for me its the time needed for a person to learn/master something[be it a subject,music instrument,art skills,social skills]
if they only seen/taught once and they can master the step immediately,there is no doubt about it....thats a genius [in my opinion]
93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / where ever
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
I think what makes a person truly a genius is if they can explain difficult concepts to the every day person. I believe the true test of intelligence is being able to pass on new found knowledge to anyone who wants to learn it.Think about it what world would we live in I Newton could not convince and teach people of gravity, what would the world be with out the concepts of magnetism and electricity.Being a genius is pointless in my opinion if you dont do something with it, either by helping people learn or even just trying to better understand a confusing concept .

As I read the post I saw that most people believe you can become a genius, I think that is true.I am no genius but since I got out of high school and have been taking high level math class such as CALC 3 and differential equations ect... I found that my problem solving skill have gone up along with my confidence that I can solve almost any problem with enough time a effort , and this is coming form a guy that fail algebra one in high school
3318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NW
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius

Going beyond the expected and taking an original route to everyday life.
7227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
an IQ of 140+ is categorized as genius. although i know that's not the definition you're looking for
24538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Being able to read, say and understand this word in 2 seconds: suineg
12937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Space
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Doing things others would never think of makes a genius.
14233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
From what I learned in Psychology, it's having an IQ of 130-140 and above. But it also explains that IQ tests are heavily biased and tests how "modern" you are rather than intelligence. People from different cultures may be a genius but do dirt poor on an IQ test. And there are different types of geniuses as mentioned above.
88 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
In my college English 2 class, I had a professor that was rather peculiar. He would teach us more about psychology and philosophy than English.... anyways ... He said that genius is simply combining 2 or more different things and creating something greater than all the parts individually. I think that makes sense in regards to food, music, art, and maybe more. I am sure there are many other ways to define genius though.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

vitozx wrote:

I think what makes a person truly a genius is if they can explain difficult concepts to the every day person. I believe the true test of intelligence is being able to pass on new found knowledge to anyone who wants to learn it.Think about it what world would we live in I Newton could not convince and teach people of gravity, what would the world be with out the concepts of magnetism and electricity.Being a genius is pointless in my opinion if you dont do something with it, either by helping people learn or even just trying to better understand a confusing concept .

As I read the post I saw that most people believe you can become a genius, I think that is true.I am no genius but since I got out of high school and have been taking high level math class such as CALC 3 and differential equations ect... I found that my problem solving skill have gone up along with my confidence that I can solve almost any problem with enough time a effort , and this is coming form a guy that fail algebra one in high school



Wouldn't it be the same for Einstein far as him coming up with the Theory of Relativity? I know that I'm by all mean no genius, even though there are somethings I slightly knowledgeable in. There are other things I wish I was far more intelligent in though.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

Kuri_Kuriboh wrote:

In my college English 2 class, I had a professor that was rather peculiar. He would teach us more about psychology and philosophy than English.... anyways ... He said that genius is simply combining 2 or more different things and creating something greater than all the parts individually. I think that makes sense in regards to food, music, art, and maybe more. I am sure there are many other ways to define genius though.


He taught psychology and philosophy more than English? Interesting. I wonder if he tried to combine all three in a way that made sense.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/22/14

Jarstin wrote:

an IQ of 140+ is categorized as genius. although i know that's not the definition you're looking for


It's fine.
18608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

Some Einstein for you.



42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/23/14

Lowlights wrote:

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

Some Einstein for you.





Thanks.
Posted 7/25/14
There are many people with high IQs that suffer from learning disability.
17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
yeah, i wonder about this question. everyone says im smart, tho all i do is think outside the box. i solve problems in funny ways that work.
i
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.