First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply PS3 App Freezing/Pausing
10067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NM
Offline
Posted 7/21/14 , edited 7/21/14
So, this just started about 15-20 minutes ago. The PS3 app keeps freezing playback. When I start a video it'll be OK for a minute or two, then it'll just STOP. Like it's paused, only it's not, because I can still pause/play, though nothing happens when I do. Sometimes it will resume playing by itself after 20-30 seconds. Sometimes it won't. If I restart the video, then it'll work for about 3 seconds then get stuck at the same point again. If I restart the app completely, it'll work for a minute or two again, then freeze.

It was working just fine earlier. I watched Akame ga Kill episode 3 about 45 minutes ago and it was absolutely fine. Then I went to watch GinTama and now this.

Pls help.

Edit: Just tried to watch Gintama on the web app and getting exact same issue, so it's not PS3. I've noticed the CR website is being extremely sluggish as well. Are your servers dying or something?
8117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 7/21/14

suzums386 wrote:

So, this just started about 15-20 minutes ago. The PS3 app keeps freezing playback. When I start a video it'll be OK for a minute or two, then it'll just STOP. Like it's paused, only it's not, because I can still pause/play, though nothing happens when I do. Sometimes it will resume playing by itself after 20-30 seconds. Sometimes it won't. If I restart the video, then it'll work for about 3 seconds then get stuck at the same point again. If I restart the app completely, it'll work for a minute or two again, then freeze.

It was working just fine earlier. I watched Akame ga Kill episode 3 about 45 minutes ago and it was absolutely fine. Then I went to watch GinTama and now this.

Pls help.

Edit: Just tried to watch Gintama on the web app and getting exact same issue, so it's not PS3. I've noticed the CR website is being extremely sluggish as well. Are your servers dying or something?


I thought i was the only one having this problem. Phew* it might be maintenance of some sort
10067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NM
Offline
Posted 7/21/14

hunter0356 wrote:

I thought i was the only one having this problem. Phew* it might be maintenance of some sort


It might have been. Seems to have resolved itself as of this posting in any case. Things are working OK at the moment.
25821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 7/21/14
Been having a huge issue with the ps3 app the past week, had to resort to using my smart TVs app. Things refuse to even load on ps3 but the TV app plays it fine, and so does the PC.
35721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Gekkoukan High
Offline
Posted 7/21/14
Alot of people are experiencing this on PS4 as well
64551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/14
Having the same issue. Some shows load fine, don't have an issue, while others have buffering issues. I think it's a problem with the batch of encodes this week or something. For instance I can watch Bladedance of elements episode 1 with zero issues, but epi 2 has constant buffering issues. Same thing with Love Stage and invaders of rokuyjoma.

It's not just on ps3 either, im having the exact same issues on my Ipad.
33728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Wisconsin
Online
Posted 7/21/14
I'm starting to run out of things to watch anime from. Both my PS4/PS3, and my computer have problems buffering. My Xbox, sometimes that says Crunchyroll servers is unavailable, and/or skips 15-20 seconds during an episode. Only thing left is my Android phone, which I never really had problem with.
10067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NM
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14
Aaaaaaand it's broken again. PS3 stream keeps stalling every 1-2 minutes.

Are CR's pipes just not big enough to handle the demand? This is becoming a seriously annoying issue. What's the point of paying for premium if it's impossible to watch?

The issue is definitely NOT on my end. Speedtest results are fine. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc all work just fine. The problem is obviously on your end, CR.
20073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Got the new shows to run on the 360, though Elementalers had a little trouble, but it isn't just PS3. The iPhone app won't play things like the new Elementalers, Re:Hamatora, or Ao Haru Ride.
27309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
I'd just like to chime in that the problem isn't only with new episodes. I've been having the same freezing issues the last couple of weeks and we have been watching the Korean Drama of Boys Over Flowers and the first season of Hayate no Gotoku. We've gotten through maybe 2 episodes of Hayate without freezes, but it always happens multiple times during the hour eps of Boys Over Flowers and will often happen during Hayate as well. I had not had any problems since the PS3 update until a couple of weeks ago when this freezing issue started.
Baleth 
27038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
I am experiencing severe problems with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure too. Sometimes the video will just freeze randomly in an episode and then skip to the next episode.
43282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14
This is a widespread issue that has been going on for WEEKS now. It is not new, but I'm glad at least people are complaining about it because it's really really annoying.

Whats the deal CR? What's going on?
35721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Gekkoukan High
Offline
Posted 7/22/14


Theyre apparently aware
64551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14
google dns helps some, but still pausing, just not as long.
35721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Gekkoukan High
Offline
Posted 7/22/14 , edited 7/22/14

Zhemos88 wrote:

google dns helps some, but still pausing, just not as long.


I found the same issue here, it helps a tiny bit but not much

Edit: It actually froze my PS4 completely and it wouldn't turn off it scared me because my system is only 3 weeks old and it booted in safe mode and everything.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.