First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Best Games to Play with your Boyfriend?
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14

Ronxz wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


KurisuSensei wrote:

Borderlands series. It's all the loot drop grind of Diablo, but as a FPS.

Also, if your boyfriend won't play with you because you are better than him, you need a new boyfriend. This one sounds like a child.


We all have our flaws. She probably learned to deal with them. It is natural to feel discouraged if you're constantly being outperformed by your friends, or perhaps even holding them back. People of similar skills often group up together for a reason you know.

TL;DR It's not a big deal, jeez, and you're suggesting a break up? Tsk. It is like you're expecting people to be flawless.


No matter what we do someone is going to be 'better' than someone else. In MMOs I am a tank and a damn good one too but I can't heal to save my life and I am mediocre DPS. In shooters I am middle of the road at best. And in RTS I am pretty solid. A friend of mine is an epic DPS and another heals so good I don't know how she does it! We all have our strengths and weaknesses, it sounds like he needs to find a niche in the games they enjoy where he is good on his own but compliments her as well. Its not a competition, its about working together, doing more as a couple or group than you could alone, and having fun. Same as any relationship.

-Ronxz


True, but I can understand where he's coming from. One of the reasons I get discouraged from playing Vindictus was that everyone eventually outclassed me because they had the time to grind and I didn't. No one wants to play a game where they feel like a loser, nor is it a good idea for a couple to play on separate levels. Not to mention we have little idea as to the boyfriend's personality. He could be polite about it for all you know. It's a flaw, we all have them, and we have to learn how to cope with them. Breaking up at the first sign of trouble is quite frankly weak. If you can't handle stuff like this you don't deserve to be in a damn relationship.

TL;DR Suggesting a break up was extreme overkill.
8319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/9/14

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


KurisuSensei wrote:

Borderlands series. It's all the loot drop grind of Diablo, but as a FPS.

Also, if your boyfriend won't play with you because you are better than him, you need a new boyfriend. This one sounds like a child.


We all have our flaws. She probably learned to deal with them. It is natural to feel discouraged if you're constantly being outperformed by your friends, or perhaps even holding them back. People of similar skills often group up together for a reason you know.

TL;DR It's not a big deal, jeez, and you're suggesting a break up? Tsk. It is like you're expecting people to be flawless.


No, I'm expecting a person's partner to be respectful and deal with the other person based on that respect. Someone who flat out refuses to spend time with their partner doing hobbies of mutual interest because the partner is better is a child. You don't want to date a child.

I don't know how much experience you've had with abusive relationships, but that's something of a red flag. It's not enough to call someone abusive, but it's an indicator of lack of respect for your partner and lack of emotional maturity.
Posted 11/9/14 , edited 11/9/14

KurisuSensei wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


KurisuSensei wrote:

Borderlands series. It's all the loot drop grind of Diablo, but as a FPS.

Also, if your boyfriend won't play with you because you are better than him, you need a new boyfriend. This one sounds like a child.


We all have our flaws. She probably learned to deal with them. It is natural to feel discouraged if you're constantly being outperformed by your friends, or perhaps even holding them back. People of similar skills often group up together for a reason you know.

TL;DR It's not a big deal, jeez, and you're suggesting a break up? Tsk. It is like you're expecting people to be flawless.


No, I'm expecting a person's partner to be respectful and deal with the other person based on that respect. Someone who flat out refuses to spend time with their partner doing hobbies of mutual interest because the partner is better is a child. You don't want to date a child.

I don't know how much experience you've had with abusive relationships, but that's something of a red flag. It's not enough to call someone abusive, but it's an indicator of lack of respect for your partner and lack of emotional maturity.


You don't really know that enough to infer. That's my point. As I said before, he could be civilized about it. It's not too hard to imagine how he could be. If anything, it is an inferiority complex which a great deal of people have, not a lack of respect. I understand where he is coming from, and I am glad to say I am not an abuser, and I doubt he is either. You're blowing this out of proportion. So what if it is a sign of emotional immaturity? We're not perfect people.

Tl;DR Don't pull knowledge of their relationship out of your ass. You appear to do so by recommending a break up. I live with 3 women in my life who aren't Saints, but I live with it. Because in the end they're good people. Usually.


So, in order to wrap it up, you think/assume this is a major flaw in the relationship, I think it is a minor.
8319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/9/14
You are missing the forest for the trees. But it also sounds like you are defending childish behaviour because it mirrors yours. So... cool, I guess. Do what you do. Hope it works out.
Posted 11/10/14 , edited 11/10/14

KurisuSensei wrote:

You are missing the forest for the trees. But it also sounds like you are defending childish behaviour because it mirrors yours. So... cool, I guess. Do what you do. Hope it works out.


I am defending it because I too display such emotionally immature behavior and I don't think it is a big deal to be a bit emotionally mature. I am a (very) flawed human being. Again, neither of us know the extent of it. I agree with you that it is emotionally immature, I just don't agree that a break up is the right way to go, or if it even causes enough of a problem to warrant so.

So, after all that, I guess we can't come to a consensus. How sad. By the way, I hope you're not patronizing me because of our age differences. I treated you with respect, and I expect the same. (Confused by the "cool" comment. Sounds patronizing if you ask me, but what do I know.)

P.S. I have a feeling if it were her being emotionally immature you wouldn't have given it as much flak as it did. Maybe because we don't expect females to be as emotionally mature as men. Just saying.

I am also not defending abuse if that's what you are getting at.
8319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 11/10/14 , edited 11/10/14
No, I'm being serious. I disagree on what's acceptable behaviour, but there's no reason to make fun of you. It doesn't affect me at all anyway, because we don't know each other.
Admitting your flaws is a good thing. It helps you work on them. So I have no reason to be disrespectful about that either.
Like I said, do what you do. Look after yourself. Hope it all works out. Maybe you'll agree with me in the future. Maybe not. Maybe I'll change my mind instead.



Edit: I expect everyone to be respectful to their partners. Women can be just as terrible at relationships as men. Gender doesn't change how accountable you are for your actions.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/25/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.