First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Are you a true Final Fantasy fanatic?
67850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Japan
Offline
Posted 12/20/06
I have the entire series except for the icky spinoffs.
I II ... I finally have III ... but no DS to play it yet xD and so on until XII...

I really cant get into any of the spinoffs... tactics, crystal chronicles and all the rest of them...

But i know im obsessed because i buy consoles just to play final fantasy. When XIII is released Ill get in line for the PS3 ... until then ... meh
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/20/06
hey now, crystal chronicles is alot of fun especially if you play it in a group of people. sure it requires a gba, but hell who here doesn't have a gba? i have 2 laying around myself. i love the art, music, and just the feel of the game. it's like playing a fairy tale. it's not a numbered FF, so i don't judge it by those standards. it's basically just a hack n' slash rpg, zelda style in a FF world. it reminds me alot of 9.

i think it was a great idea for a multiplayer game. not only do people get their own status and inventory screen, but each person gets a unique set of information (like different maps) that requires everyone to communicate. it's also a game i could see a family with young kids playing together.

my only problems with it is it's a pain to play by yourself since i don't beleive they change the difficulty based on how many players you have. the chalice is awkward and should have been left out in my oppinion, but it wasn't so bad once we got used to it and after a while we didn't notice it much.
613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 12/20/06
Any monkey can get games, but you are not a fanatic unless they own at least the following items Final Fantasy Items:
- Final Fantasy plush (2 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy wallscroll/poster (2 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy weapon replica (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy 1/6 resin model (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy outfit/clothing (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy yaoi/hentai of some sort (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy games (10 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy guides (6 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy artbook/extras/books/magazine (4 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy soundtrack (3 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy cards (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy pillow/bedsheets/etc
BONUS:
- Nobuo Uematsu hair/clothing/signature (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy porno video (1 Minimum)

If you don't have the following items then you are not truly a fanatic.
1005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Star IV
Offline
Posted 12/20/06

Teardrop wrote:


supercanti wrote:

I wouldnt call FF overrated. There great games, but about the time Advent Children came out I noticed that a lot of posers were saying how much they love the sereis but at the same time they havnt played any, and most of these new poser fans only know about FF through Kingdom Hearts.
So overrated? Now. Yes.


It's just a personal opinion of mine, the series is good, but I honestly don't think that there's an A+ game in the series and most people think the series is the end all of Japanese RPGs, but I feel games like Shin Megami Tensei and Disgaea are quite abit better then the FF series.

Not to say the FF series is bad by any means just not as good as it's hyped up to be.



Shin Megami Tensei, finally someone brings up one of the most UNERRATED RPG series ever. Being the FF fan I am Im not going to say that the Shin Megami Tensei series is better, but it could be in the future.

7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/20/06

genjiworks wrote:

Any monkey can get games, but you are not a fanatic unless they own at least the following items Final Fantasy Items:
- Final Fantasy plush (2 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy wallscroll/poster (2 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy weapon replica (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy 1/6 resin model (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy outfit/clothing (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy yaoi/hentai of some sort (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy games (10 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy guides (6 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy artbook/extras/books/magazine (4 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy soundtrack (3 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy cards (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy pillow/bedsheets/etc
BONUS:
- Nobuo Uematsu hair/clothing/signature (1 Minimum)
- Final Fantasy porno video (1 Minimum)

If you don't have the following items then you are not truly a fanatic.


Now here is someone who understands what the word fanatic means, though I think you forgot action figures. I have some of that last, but certainly not all of it.
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ohtori Gakuen
Offline
Posted 12/20/06
I own a GBA...and like I said..it's been sitting on drawers since maybe a few weeks after I got it and FFTA. The charger cable got cut, and I didn't care for the game enough at the time to go buy a GBA starter kit from Walmart. Now the thing probably needs a new batter if I got the charger. No games that I ever cared for were put out for it except some of the old school FF games..trying to play chess on a 3x3 screen was hard enough for me...
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/20/06

unfathomablerinoa wrote:

crystal chronicles is on the Game Cube that I don't own,and tactics is a little bit old,that's probably why I couldn't find it anymore


id kill for the guide for the original ff tactics guide its worth 100 bucks and i could have bought it at a yardsale but if you go to gamestop or ebgames they most likely have ps1 games in the back or they will order them for you
53241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/20/06

Akio wrote:

I own a GBA...and like I said..it's been sitting on drawers since maybe a few weeks after I got it and FFTA. The charger cable got cut, and I didn't care for the game enough at the time to go buy a GBA starter kit from Walmart. Now the thing probably needs a new batter if I got the charger. No games that I ever cared for were put out for it except some of the old school FF games..trying to play chess on a 3x3 screen was hard enough for me...


I think that the best reason to buy a Game Cube is to play GBA games on your TV. Castlevania on a big screen? Brilliant. FFTA even was designed with the GC in mind, having a brightness option catered to television viewing.
277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/20/06
I've played every final fantasy except number I-III, XI and XII. I have finished all of them except for (holds for silence)... number VII. I know, i know! It's because the memory card my savegame was on got destroyed by my friends brother and i was right at the ending too. I should replay it but i've already seen the ending - and quite frankly I dont know if i could put myself through that tragic event again (T-T) You all know what i'm talking about.
I think kingdom hearts would be more accepted by Final Fantasy gamers if Donald and Goofy were replaced with some more new characters and if they visited some final fantasy worlds eg. Midgar, Alexandria, Esthar etc. I still think it's a good game if but a bit too cheesy.
339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Melbourne, (Curre...
Offline
Posted 12/21/06
LOL I HAVE HEAPS

FFI
FFII
FFIII:DS
FFIV: ADVANCE
FFV: ADVANCE
FFVI: ADVANCE
FFVII
FFVII: Advent children
FFVII: dirge of ceribus
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXI
FFXII
FF tactics
FF mistic quest
ff tactics advance


i am THE ff fantic
Posted 12/21/06
honest me and my uncle are ff fans also if u like some of the music u can listen to midi one

ffmusic.ffshrine.com

combined im the one taht got uncle into ff and between me and my uncle ever scince we borrow one another games we have ....... all the games made by square anixx including kingdom hearts we have completed all games but im still tryin ta beat the final sepherouth and my uncle is havin fun with verge of cerebus


Posted 12/21/06
also i have all the movies and anime
Posted 12/21/06
WE ARE THE SQUARE ENIX FANATICS (i ment derge i keep on sayin verge)
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/21/06

joshjpn wrote:

LOL I HAVE HEAPS

FFI
FFII
FFIII:DS
FFIV: ADVANCE
FFV: ADVANCE
FFVI: ADVANCE
FFVII
FFVII: Advent children
FFVII: dirge of ceribus
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXI
FFXII
FF tactics
FF mistic quest
ff tactics advance


i am THE ff fantic


Did you not read the post on the previous page? Any schmuck can own all those games - most gamers here have all those. If you've beaten every one of those games, then that is something, though Genji hit the nail on the head when he described being a fanatic meant having alot more than the games themselves.

Once you've beaten the vast majority of those, cosplayed as a FF character, gotten a FF tattoo, spent more on artbooks that text books, flown out to either a symphonic or black mages concert, THEN you can claim the title of THE fanatic.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Heaven
Offline
Posted 12/21/06
So far I only have...

1.) Final Fantasy Origins
2.) Final Fantasy III
3.) Final Fantasy Chronicles
4.) Final Fantasy VII
5.) Final Fantasy VIII
6.) Final Fantasy IX
7.) Final Fantasy X
8.) Final Fantasy X-2
9.) Final Fantasy XI
10.) Final Fantasy XII
11.) Final Fantasy Tactics
12.) Final Fantasy Adventure
13.) Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.