First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Sexual Harrasment at Comic Con
2823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
Comic Con's sexual harassment problem: Female fantasy fans complain creepy geeks are groping them in their costumes
A quarter of women who attention comic conventions report being sexually harassed
A new group is demanding Comic Con take a stand against sexual harassment
Women report being groped, leered at and being the victims of upskirt cameras
None of the women pictured in this story have claimed that they were sexually harassed


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705828/Comic-Cons-sexual-harassment-problem-Scantily-clad-female-cosplayers-complain-creepy-geeks-getting-handsy.html#ixzz38W7aNgLJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
6627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
I'm not surprised at all by this but to be fair...What the F do you expect? female cosplayers wear close to nothing these days no touching ? ok completely understandable but if you don't want them leering don't expose so much skin yeah? common sense
33690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
Well, dont wear skirts that show the bottom of your butts and shirts that only cover 1/16th of your top half of your body lol
baofu 
49483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 9 hours ago
Victim blaming? Really?

Hey, how about we don't perv on girls . We have a whole other thread on basically this issue:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806857/rape-does-the-way-you-dress-have-nothing-to-do-with-it
6627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:

Victim blaming? Really?

Hey, how about we don't perv on girls . We have a whole other thread on basically this issue:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806857/rape-does-the-way-you-dress-have-nothing-to-do-with-it


Not victim blaming , establishing that common sense still exist in this world and you are responsible for actions. No one should perv on girls but for the people who do what are you going to do? Execute them? It's called free will and our actions are always influenced by the actions of others regardless whether you want to believe it or not lol. So if you have a bunch of nerds under one roof and you have girls in skimpy clothing they should be WELL AWARE of what they might expect , it's common logic based on society and the decline of morales unless you been living under a rock for the past decade this should not be a surprise.
33628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
*ponders*

Perhaps start questioning why there are creepy geeks in the first place?
baofu 
49483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 2 days ago

imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:

Victim blaming? Really?

Hey, how about we don't perv on girls . We have a whole other thread on basically this issue:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806857/rape-does-the-way-you-dress-have-nothing-to-do-with-it


Not victim blaming , establishing that common sense still exist in this world and you are responsible for actions. No one should perv on girls but for the people who do what are you going to do? Execute them? It's called free will and our actions are always influenced by the actions of others regardless whether you want to believe it or not lol. So if you have a bunch of nerds under one roof and you have girls in skimpy clothing they should be WELL AWARE of what they might expect , it's common logic based on society and the decline of morales unless you been living under a rock for the past decade this should not be a surprise.


I'm not saying execute them, I'm saying we should call people out on shitty behavior.

In any other context this is unacceptable behavior. Should they get a free pass just because they're at a con? If we don't get angry about these things, it means we've accepted them.
55199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
I went to your link fist tell that person I could see something down at her/or his crotch that there a hunk of flesh hanging out. You should have good security and deal with the problem and press charges.
6627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:

Victim blaming? Really?

Hey, how about we don't perv on girls . We have a whole other thread on basically this issue:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806857/rape-does-the-way-you-dress-have-nothing-to-do-with-it


I'd also like to point out that this forum doesn't specifically pertain to rape just groping. Rape is a whole other matter and a controversial one at that I'd rather not get into that subject since I don't have the wits of a big time lawyer to have a debate about a major topic like this. (And I in NO way believe that rape is justified by what you wear incase your wondering)
6627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 2 days ago

baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:

Victim blaming? Really?

Hey, how about we don't perv on girls . We have a whole other thread on basically this issue:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-806857/rape-does-the-way-you-dress-have-nothing-to-do-with-it


Not victim blaming , establishing that common sense still exist in this world and you are responsible for actions. No one should perv on girls but for the people who do what are you going to do? Execute them? It's called free will and our actions are always influenced by the actions of others regardless whether you want to believe it or not lol. So if you have a bunch of nerds under one roof and you have girls in skimpy clothing they should be WELL AWARE of what they might expect , it's common logic based on society and the decline of morales unless you been living under a rock for the past decade this should not be a surprise.


I'm not saying execute them, I'm saying we should call people out on shitty behavior.

In any other context this is unacceptable behavior. Should they get a free pass just because they're at a con? If we don't get angry about these things, it means we've accepted them.


No one said they should get a free pass , well I didn't I simply feel that rather then calling people out on shitty behavior actions should be taken before hand to avoid things like this from happening in the future or to be aware so that women can be more cautious and not just air heads. The gropers should have charges pressed and the police should deal with them that's what should be done
7218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 11 days ago
My opinion is that if people don't want to be stared at by others, they shouldn't wear clothes that attract attention. This pertains to both males and females. Groping is a different matter, that is inexcusable and should not be happening under any circumstance.
6627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

*ponders*

Perhaps start questioning why there are creepy geeks in the first place?


Um...I guess because society is shallow and rather then treat everyone equally if we don't find something or someone sexually attractive , charismatic or popular we shun them and this can affect a human being since all humans need to have social interaction to function well otherwise..well things like what happen in comic con happen lol
17094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Michigan
Online
Posted 7/25/14
Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.
baofu 
49483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14

Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


You've managed to articulate my views better than I can. My hat's off to you.
6627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.