First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Sexual Harrasment at Comic Con
22786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
Man those guys are ballsy. I'd be too scared and shy to grope anyone. Plus it's not classy, nor my style.
As for staring, I'd really like to but I'm too shy, probably take a glance and look away embarrassed.

"creepy geeks" they do realize they're geeks as well right?
Also if they're part of the subculture then they should understand how "creepy geeks" are.
However I'm not defending(or excusing) the creepers, there shouldn't be sexual harassment for sure, my point is just don't be surprised if they're is.
3339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14
Goes both ways.

1) Those creeps should know that just because something is shown, doesn't mean they're entitled to touch it. And most certainly not without permission!

2) Revealing clothing will get you looks and leers; don't be surprised when you get them and don't complain. Don't want those? Don't show so much skin.

3) They're basement dwelling nerds. What do you expect?
baofu 
49491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.
9901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14
As much as I don't condone groping, being around a lot of geeky guys with hormones and dressing in incredibly exposing attire would have me be more surprised if there WASN'T groping. Isn't it common sense to accept that sort of perverted activity is a possibility when you go almost naked to such an event? It's not nice, and I'm sure a lot of them just want to show off their costumes, but a lot of them are practically asking for it. Point is, a lot of the characters being cosplayed are made with sexual intentions in the minds of the creators. When you copy the look of sexualised characters is it any surprise most of them try to cop a feel?
baofu 
49491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

pandrasb wrote:
"creepy geeks" they do realize they're geeks as well right?
Also if they're part of the subculture then they should understand how "creepy geeks" are.
However I'm not defending(or excusing) the creepers, there shouldn't be sexual harassment for sure, my point is just don't be surprised if they're is.


You know you can be a "geek" with out being a "creepy geek," right?

They shouldn't be surprised when the creepers show up, which is why the creeps should be dealt with swiftly and decisively.
24335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mars
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


I completely agree .
17096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


I don't remember saying that I was going to fix society. I was just saying that it shouldn't matter what they were wearing, what matters is that there are people out there groping these young women. That's sexual harassment and is a crime.
9111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.


Nothings wrong with it I'm all for it but again I'm used to living in reality and life is too far gone right now. In other words much like our educational system it's broken and can not be fixed. No matter what people will say ONE person can and will not make a major difference , the fact that the world revolves around pop culture now is proof enough. If we can't make a simple effort to stop making people who don't deserve money successful (Kardashians , youtubers who sell merchandise etc..) how can we accomplish something as big as this? simple answer is we can't
9111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14

Tsukiou wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


I don't remember saying that I was going to fix society. I was just saying that it shouldn't matter what they were wearing, what matters is that there are people out there groping these young women. That's sexual harassment and is a crime.


And as I said I'm sure the right actions will be taken, again keyword "ACTIONS"

What happens if you give a hungry animal a piece of meat? We humans are all animals deep inside we have instincts good or bad and some can not control impulses so my problem is with "victims" not being able to take responsibility themselves we are all humans no one is mightier then another therefore we should ALL victims,culprits,children,elderly be accountable for actions
10704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Lafourche
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
The groping needs to stop but it is unlikely you can stop it without proper enforcement, this needs to fall in the hands of security. Strict enforcement is only really possible if there are reliable witnesses, therefore more security personnel is required to have more eyes on the situation. It is also important that they take the issue seriously... too often the people who have the power to stop it don't see any issues with it and blow it off.

The stares... that's different, some people may actually like the attention... as for me I don't so I avoid wearing anything to attract attention.

My personal fear (which is likely common) - "Why are they looking at me? Do they like it or do I look weird?"

I am fine with the attention if I know it is in a positive light so any chance I get I do like to show off my skills (as long as it doesn't pressure me into work I don't want to do)

It all comes down to confidence I suppose.
baofu 
49491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.


Nothings wrong with it I'm all for it but again I'm used to living in reality and life is too far gone right now. In other words much like our educational system it's broken and can not be fixed. No matter what people will say ONE person can and will not make a major difference , the fact that the world revolves around pop culture now is proof enough. If we can't make a simple effort to stop making people who don't deserve money successful (Kardashians , youtubers who sell merchandise etc..) how can we accomplish something as big as this? simple answer is we can't


Maybe we can't fix some of the greater ills of our world, but geek community is made up of us, the people on this very forum and who subscribe to this site and watch the animes. Making the con scene a safer place is in fact something that we can fix. It's doable, and it's really not that hard.
9111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.


Nothings wrong with it I'm all for it but again I'm used to living in reality and life is too far gone right now. In other words much like our educational system it's broken and can not be fixed. No matter what people will say ONE person can and will not make a major difference , the fact that the world revolves around pop culture now is proof enough. If we can't make a simple effort to stop making people who don't deserve money successful (Kardashians , youtubers who sell merchandise etc..) how can we accomplish something as big as this? simple answer is we can't


Maybe we can't fix some of the greater ills of our world, but geek community is made up of us, the people on this very forum and who subscribe to this site and watch the animes. Making con scene a safer place is in fact something that we can fix. It's doable, and it's really not that hard.


are you making the assumption that everyone that watches anime is a geek? that everyone on crunchyroll is a geek ? I disagree , watching anime does not make you a geek and neither does being subscribed to crunchyroll , what would make you think and make this assumption out of curiosity lol?
4310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.


Nothings wrong with it I'm all for it but again I'm used to living in reality and life is too far gone right now. In other words much like our educational system it's broken and can not be fixed. No matter what people will say ONE person can and will not make a major difference , the fact that the world revolves around pop culture now is proof enough. If we can't make a simple effort to stop making people who don't deserve money successful (Kardashians , youtubers who sell merchandise etc..) how can we accomplish something as big as this? simple answer is we can't


I agree, our society is BEYOND help and it'd take a miracle to change the minds of billions of human beings about their wrongdoings and such. I don't agree with the part about youtubers not deserving money for what they do. It's just as much of a job as one that you'd find when you walk-in to apply for an office job. I don't know what kind of youtubers you've watched, but I can sympathize and say that I personally dislike those youtubers who sell themselves and whatever merchandise is endorsed by their sponsors because those guys are sell-outs.
10209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Stuck on Level 1
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
what do we have here?


9111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14

imaDREX wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.


Nothings wrong with it I'm all for it but again I'm used to living in reality and life is too far gone right now. In other words much like our educational system it's broken and can not be fixed. No matter what people will say ONE person can and will not make a major difference , the fact that the world revolves around pop culture now is proof enough. If we can't make a simple effort to stop making people who don't deserve money successful (Kardashians , youtubers who sell merchandise etc..) how can we accomplish something as big as this? simple answer is we can't


I agree, our society is BEYOND help and it'd take a miracle to change the minds of billions of human beings about their wrongdoings and such. I don't agree with the part about youtubers not deserving money for what they do. It's just as much of a job as one that you'd find when you walk-in to apply for an office job. I don't know what kind of youtubers you've watched, but I can sympathize and say that I personally dislike those youtubers who sell themselves and whatever merchandise is endorsed by their sponsors because those guys are sell-outs.


Well to start I'm not a fan of getting paid on youtube in general. I dislike the fact that you can get paid and get gifts from people you don't even know or care about (subscribers) just for providing them with a few minutes of "entertainment" since their lives are so boring..I let that go for a while until I started seeing a new trend of youtubers becoming egotistical manipulative and dishonest with their subscribers not to mention constantly shoving their merchandise down the viewers throats.

To me once a youtuber like pewdiepie gets enough subs he's no better then a kardashian , if you'd like to hear more about how I view this PM me
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.