First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Sexual Harrasment at Comic Con
13693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Errr Manor
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14
*commence "leering" at these pictures*... article worthy



the touching them part might quite possibly be exaggeration to make this more of a story.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
While the groping and all is wrong, the staring and such, i would enjoy to hear these womens views on exactly how to stop it. Its human nature to look at someone who you find attractive. Also, when they wear next to nothing, that is also hard not to stare at either. When you wear next to nothing, you're drawing that attention to yourself, whether you want that attention or not. That is one thing that can't be stopped. If you don't want that much attention, or that kind, well thats on them then, they chose to do it, so they have to put up with the staring that others will do. Again, the groping is bad of course, but good luck getting all the staring to stop.
23147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Online
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


pandrasb wrote:
"creepy geeks" they do realize they're geeks as well right?
Also if they're part of the subculture then they should understand how "creepy geeks" are.
However I'm not defending(or excusing) the creepers, there shouldn't be sexual harassment for sure, my point is just don't be surprised if they're is.


You know you can be a "geek" with out being a "creepy geek," right?


They shouldn't be surprised when the creepers show up, which is why the creeps should be dealt with swiftly and decisively.


Of course, but why did the article stick creepy right beside it? I just don't like the negative connotation that they added with it, they could have just said creepy guys.
41315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
I am not surprised that it is a problem at conventions like that but to be honest its a problem everywhere as soon as women start dressing like sluts.

Don't get me wrong groping is a big problem obviously but being leered at? Come on you dress like that and complain about being leered at?

I think if you believe that you have the right to dress that skimpy than the ones leering have all right to do just that.
baofu 
49493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:
are you making the assumption that everyone that watches anime is a geek? that everyone on crunchyroll is a geek ? I disagree , watching anime does not make you a geek and neither does being subscribed to crunchyroll , what would make you think and make this assumption out of curiosity lol?


If liking anime and video games doesn't mark you as a "geek" then what does?
11651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

Doomedfox wrote:

I am not surprised that it is a problem at conventions like that but to be honest its a problem everywhere as soon as women start dressing like sluts.

Don't get me wrong groping is a big problem obviously but being leered at? Come on you dress like that and complain about being leered at?

I think if you believe that you have the right to dress that skimpy than the ones leering have all right to do just that.


your a smart man I'm glad you made your presence felt in this thread lol it was in dire need of it bud
41315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


Tsukiou wrote:

Instead of criticizing what the cosplayers are wearing, how about we focus more on the creeps that are committing a crime.


Focus on the creeps by all means go try and fix society let me know how that goes for you lol


What's wrong with trying to fix something that's broken? You need to be the change you want to see in the world.


Nothings wrong with it I'm all for it but again I'm used to living in reality and life is too far gone right now. In other words much like our educational system it's broken and can not be fixed. No matter what people will say ONE person can and will not make a major difference , the fact that the world revolves around pop culture now is proof enough. If we can't make a simple effort to stop making people who don't deserve money successful (Kardashians , youtubers who sell merchandise etc..) how can we accomplish something as big as this? simple answer is we can't


Maybe we can't fix some of the greater ills of our world, but geek community is made up of us, the people on this very forum and who subscribe to this site and watch the animes. Making the con scene a safer place is in fact something that we can fix. It's doable, and it's really not that hard.


I actually agree with you a dress code would help a great deal.
Would be a simple fix that would get the problem at its root.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/25/14
Maybe you shouldnt dress like a prostitute, you dont see me walking around in a speedo at cons.
I dress up like a 14 year old Japanese school girl like any normal guy.
11651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:
are you making the assumption that everyone that watches anime is a geek? that everyone on crunchyroll is a geek ? I disagree , watching anime does not make you a geek and neither does being subscribed to crunchyroll , what would make you think and make this assumption out of curiosity lol?


If liking anime and video games doesn't mark you as a "geek" then what does?


why mark someone in the first place?
baofu 
49493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

Doomedfox wrote:

I actually agree with you a dress code would help a great deal.
Would be a simple fix that would get the problem at its root.


I never advocated a dress code. I'm advocating that we should set a no-tolerance policy for sexual harassment.

Afghanistan under the Taliban had a dress code too, but women were still getting raped.
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/14 , edited 7/25/14
baofu 
49493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:
are you making the assumption that everyone that watches anime is a geek? that everyone on crunchyroll is a geek ? I disagree , watching anime does not make you a geek and neither does being subscribed to crunchyroll , what would make you think and make this assumption out of curiosity lol?


If liking anime and video games doesn't mark you as a "geek" then what does?


why mark someone in the first place?


If you don't identify as a "geek" than what are you?
23147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Online
Posted 7/25/14

imbrreezzy wrote:

are you making the assumption that everyone that watches anime is a geek? that everyone on crunchyroll is a geek ? I disagree , watching anime does not make you a geek and neither does being subscribed to crunchyroll , what would make you think and make this assumption out of curiosity lol?


Come, embrace the geekiness

Don't deny it, smother it with loving care
41315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


Doomedfox wrote:

I actually agree with you a dress code would help a great deal.
Would be a simple fix that would get the problem at its root.


I never advocated a dress code. I'm advocating that we should set a no-tolerance policy for sexual harassment.

Afghanistan under the Taliban had a dress code too, but women were still getting raped.


Oh we went from groping and leering to being raped at conventions?
I must have missed that....
You did not advocate a dress code but were saying we should fix it all i did was providing the most logical solution to the problem.
I also wonder if a Comic convention can be compared to Afghanistan under the Taliban.....
11651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Smash Bros Mansion
Offline
Posted 7/25/14

baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:


baofu wrote:


imbrreezzy wrote:
are you making the assumption that everyone that watches anime is a geek? that everyone on crunchyroll is a geek ? I disagree , watching anime does not make you a geek and neither does being subscribed to crunchyroll , what would make you think and make this assumption out of curiosity lol?


If liking anime and video games doesn't mark you as a "geek" then what does?


why mark someone in the first place?


If you don't identify as a "geek" than what are you?


A human being? Do you honestly still believe in labeling things at the age of 30? My friend you need to grow up lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.