First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Knowledge
33369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Phersu wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

kk, first we need to find an alien tentacle monster like thing, kinda like Hermaeus Mora


I'm no alien, but I can turn into a tentacle monster.


eh close enough, are you related to slenderman by any chance? Or maybe Koh


anywho you gotta start probing people then and turning them to your side, that should do it, I think
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

pandrasb wrote:

eh close enough, are you related to slenderman by any chance? Or maybe Koh


anywho you gotta start probing people then and turning them to your side, that should do it, I think


Nah, but we're buddies.
Posted 7/26/14

Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom
7106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere in rura...
Offline
Posted 7/26/14
Knowledge is salvation, but also destruction. Perhaps the most effective knowledge I have comes from knowing how to effectively extract honest information from people without them realizing what they have told me. When I was younger, this information came in handy to help keep my friends and family from ending up in my city's daily murder report. Fast forward, and I do it subconsciously, I end up manipulating information out of people, and it is so absurdly easy, every thing from personal facts to safe combinations and security codes. All come out in somewhat normal conversation, all without the person figuring out what's happening, at least not then. Have I ever used this information for ill purposes or admitted it to others? No, and I wouldn't on my life. It's awful enough to know someone can worm their way into your psyche, but to imagine that person as telling someone else? Not happening. Now this has cost me pretty much everyone I ever considered myself close to, and I am awful about doing it even when I don't mean to.
Simplest method to extract information is with a smile and letting the other person talk.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Phersu wrote:


Hayagriva wrote:

You just basically said you want to learn in order to share. That's admirable, but I've never seen you share much of anything. Just probe with questions to get information as a consensus and the occasional pointless bragging, like in this thread.

There is a possibility of course that you really think a book on assassinating people (even if it was well-written 30 years ago) is something people will jump on as interesting. If that's the case, well, you might want to examine the context of your sharing. However I find it far, far more likely that you merely wanted to sound badass. If you would admit to that, the discussion between you and I would be over already.

It's not my fault you keep contradicting yourself, all I've stated are facts. I don't mean to pick on you, I have no problem with you at all. I just wish you'd just accept your own ego and quit digging the hole deeper. It gets in the way of your stated goals. I can't respect you for any intelligence you may actually have if you can't even acknowledge such a simple and obvious thing.

But... I'll let it rest. You can keep whatever story you prefer. Even if I was completely correct, it's what you would do anyway.


Assumptions. Don't let it happen to you.

Brought to you by the Community for Better Living.



Knowledge of self. Don't assume you have it.

Brought to you by the Community for Better Living.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Hayagriva wrote:


Knowledge of self. Don't assume you have it.

Brought to you by the Community for Better Living.


Assuming you know people over the internet. Don't do it.

Brought to you by Common Sense.
11725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Phersu wrote:


Hayagriva wrote:

You could have done that without the reference. Or you could have used an impersonal example. Or you could have referenced a book you had seen, god knows there are enough of those books on Amazon. You could have referenced anybody who knows anything dangerous but doesn't act on it. Sorry, there's just no escaping it. You can terminate the line of thought if you like. It's not like it has any value to you unless you're a self-discipline junkie. I pointed it out only because you said you liked collecting information.


Or maybe I wanted to share it, since I found it interesting. When you like something, you want to share it with other people and have them like it too.

Acknowledge that your statement is not an absolute, and it is possible that you are assuming something that is wrong. Also? Stop assuming. It makes a butt out of you, and a butt out of me.


Even if it was not your intention, it's no coincidence that you continually give off that vibe and it deserves being looked into so you and others can avoid butt headaches like these.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Phersu wrote:


Hayagriva wrote:


Knowledge of self. Don't assume you have it.

Brought to you by the Community for Better Living.


Assuming you know people over the internet. Don't do it.

Brought to you by Common Sense.


Assuming your bragging can be dressed up as sharing anywhere while at the same time claiming a puritanical approach to gathering knowledge and never expecting to be called on your bs by someone who's profession is basically to identify and break down people's egos. Don't do it.

Brought to you by Your Own Fault because you should have seen it coming here in the randomness of the internet.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

RedExodus wrote:


Phersu wrote:


Hayagriva wrote:

You could have done that without the reference. Or you could have used an impersonal example. Or you could have referenced a book you had seen, god knows there are enough of those books on Amazon. You could have referenced anybody who knows anything dangerous but doesn't act on it. Sorry, there's just no escaping it. You can terminate the line of thought if you like. It's not like it has any value to you unless you're a self-discipline junkie. I pointed it out only because you said you liked collecting information.


Or maybe I wanted to share it, since I found it interesting. When you like something, you want to share it with other people and have them like it too.

Acknowledge that your statement is not an absolute, and it is possible that you are assuming something that is wrong. Also? Stop assuming. It makes a butt out of you, and a butt out of me.


Even if it was not your intention, it's no coincidence that you continually give off that vibe and it deserves being looked into so you and others can avoid butt headaches like these.


I actually don't have a problem with Phersu or what he's doing. I also don't expect him to believe me in any capacity. Tonight has more to do with my own boredom than anything.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

RedExodus wrote:

Even if it was not your intention, it's no coincidence that you continually give off that vibe and it deserves being looked into so you and others can avoid butt headaches like these.


Kinda is my intention. I get bored easily, and this was fairly amusing. But now I'm bored again. I suppose I can't expect that guys responses to amuse me every time. Mhm. Well, I suppose I quit this argument. It's not funny anymore.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Phersu wrote:


RedExodus wrote:

Even if it was not your intention, it's no coincidence that you continually give off that vibe and it deserves being looked into so you and others can avoid butt headaches like these.


Kinda is my intention. I get bored easily, and this was fairly amusing. But now I'm bored again. I suppose I can't expect that guys responses to amuse me every time. Mhm. Well, I suppose I quit this argument. It's not funny anymore.


No hard feelings Phersu, was my boredom as well. I went into this knowing you're a self-professed social deviant.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Hayagriva wrote:

No hard feelings Phersu, was my boredom as well. I went into this knowing you're a self-professed social deviant.


Mhm. Likewise. Sorry I couldn't stay interested longer. Maybe spice it up next time? Do something unexpected and crazy.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Denver
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Phersu wrote:


Hayagriva wrote:

No hard feelings Phersu, was my boredom as well. I went into this knowing you're a self-professed social deviant.


Mhm. Likewise. Sorry I couldn't stay interested longer. Maybe spice it up next time? Do something unexpected and crazy.


Crazy you say? I offer this! http://youtu.be/TWfph3iNC-k
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

Lowlights wrote:

No knowledge is inherently bad.


Wrong. Knowledge is power as Francis Bacon once said.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/26/14

DesuMaiden wrote:


Lowlights wrote:

No knowledge is inherently bad.


Wrong. Knowledge is power as Francis Bacon once said.


implying power is bad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.