First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Heaven's Feel
34033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

kdroberts wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Why is this going to be a movie? It didn't work with UBW and this route is even longer. And with thier over the top animation I'm sure ufotable has enough money to make a series out of this


Heaven's Feel can truly shine as a series of movies, far more than as a television show.

As a movie, ufo won't be bound by broadcast laws and censorship, which is definitely necessary for this route. The slow pacing of Heaven's Feel can also be greatly improved upon in this format, and it has the potential to look better than any television show. Ufo's already said they want to make it the most visually-impressive production they've ever worked on.

If it's just one movie, HF probably wouldn't work. More than one would pretty much ensure no problems on that front.


Who is censoring an issue? Can't they just rate it R and be done with it? But on MAL, it said it was only going to be one movie.

And personally I don't wanna wait 1-2 years just to see Heaven's Feel (I wanna see it every week) *sobs*
1931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/5/14
YEAH, we are going to get Cooking feel as a movie? can't wait to watch all the cooking scenes. Cooking is a essence in fate stay visual. Fate/Cooking class
215251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 12/5/14
What would be the suitable # of movies to cover Heaven's Feel route?
6393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

dwilson2000 wrote:

Who is censoring an issue? Can't they just rate it R and be done with it? But on MAL, it said it was only going to be one movie.

And personally I don't wanna wait 1-2 years just to see Heaven's Feel (I wanna see it every week) *sobs*


Japanese broadcasting has some censorship aspects that apply to tv series but are less prevalent for movies. So making these into movie(s) allows them to have more freedom and go into areas that they wouldn't be able to on tv. I don't think anyone knows for sure how many movies its going to be, and MAL could just be putting a placeholder number. It could how Kara no Kyoukai was done with each movie having its own page with sequel links to the other OVA's.

I don't know, after seeing KnK ova's having all the info in a solid chunk presented instead of episodic isn't so bad. Though that's my experience anway.
11800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

TomCraft wrote:

YEAH, we are going to get Cooking feel as a movie? can't wait to watch all the cooking scenes. Cooking is a essence in fate stay visual. Fate/Cooking class


Need a hug?
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

stark700 wrote:

What would be the suitable # of movies to cover Heaven's Feel route?


3-4 would be perfect. It doesn't have to be 7-8 like KnK.


xCrimsonEX wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Who is censoring an issue? Can't they just rate it R and be done with it? But on MAL, it said it was only going to be one movie.

And personally I don't wanna wait 1-2 years just to see Heaven's Feel (I wanna see it every week) *sobs*


Japanese broadcasting has some censorship aspects that apply to tv series but are less prevalent for movies. So making these into movie(s) allows them to have more freedom and go into areas that they wouldn't be able to on tv. I don't think anyone knows for sure how many movies its going to be, and MAL could just be putting a placeholder number. It could how Kara no Kyoukai was done with each movie having its own page with sequel links to the other OVA's.

I don't know, after seeing KnK ova's having all the info in a solid chunk presented instead of episodic isn't so bad. Though that's my experience anway.


It also depends on what time and what station an anime is airing for censorship. If it's airing at a later time, they have less incentive to censor. I've seen a fair amount of animes where there's sex scenes and whatnot and it's aired on TV, though in the movie realm they have a lot more freedom. I mean look at KnK 3. The only thing that I've seen as graphic as that being on TV is Berserk, Elfen Lied, and Mirari Nikki. I bet there's other examples as well.

The UBW anime is not censored at all (I will say the content isn't as graphic as HF's, but it's still graphic nonetheless), but I bet that also has to do because it got a good air time and is airing on a lot of stations (possibly because it's popular as well). I bet Ufotable could pull off a Heaven's Feel anime with it still being graphic, but as a movie(s) they need don't have to worry about anything. They can go full out on graphic content with no fear of censoring, which as a viewer, is a comforting thing to know. I bet ufotable prefers movies anyways because of the freedom and the time they can put into stellar animation.

A graphic Heaven's Feel anime is definitely possible, but a Heaven's Feel movie series is much safer, and I think, a better route for ufotable to go down.
11800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


stark700 wrote:

What would be the suitable # of movies to cover Heaven's Feel route?


3-4 would be perfect. It doesn't have to be 7-8 like KnK.


xCrimsonEX wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Who is censoring an issue? Can't they just rate it R and be done with it? But on MAL, it said it was only going to be one movie.

And personally I don't wanna wait 1-2 years just to see Heaven's Feel (I wanna see it every week) *sobs*


Japanese broadcasting has some censorship aspects that apply to tv series but are less prevalent for movies. So making these into movie(s) allows them to have more freedom and go into areas that they wouldn't be able to on tv. I don't think anyone knows for sure how many movies its going to be, and MAL could just be putting a placeholder number. It could how Kara no Kyoukai was done with each movie having its own page with sequel links to the other OVA's.

I don't know, after seeing KnK ova's having all the info in a solid chunk presented instead of episodic isn't so bad. Though that's my experience anway.


It also depends on what time and what station an anime is airing for censorship. If it's airing at a later time, they have less incentive to censor. I've seen a fair amount of animes where there's sex scenes and whatnot and it's aired on TV, though in the movie realm they have a lot more freedom. I mean look at KnK 3. The only thing that I've seen as graphic as that being on TV is Berserk, Elfen Lied, and Mirari Nikki. I bet there's other examples as well.

The UBW anime is not censored at all (I will say the content isn't as graphic as HF's, but it's still graphic nonetheless), but I bet that also has to do because it got a good air time and is airing on a lot of stations (possibly because it's popular as well). I bet Ufotable could pull off a Heaven's Feel anime with it still being graphic, but as a movie(s) they need don't have to worry about anything. They can go full out on graphic content with no fear of censoring, which as a viewer, is a comforting thing to know. I bet ufotable prefers movies anyways because of the freedom and the time they can put into stellar animation.

A graphic Heaven's Feel anime is definitely possible, but a Heaven's Feel movie series is much safer, and I think, a better route for ufotable to go down.


It is a bit censored though, the classroom scene last week is supposed to be more messed up remember. The students just looked passed out, not how they seemed in the vn
They might fix that in the blu Rays tho
6393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/5/14 , edited 12/5/14


I remember some animes being censored even when they were on at later times, so I have no clue how it works though still not as bad as the states censorship .

I think movie route just made more sense for them to aim for, just on a forethought level. And maybe they're hoping to actually use the KnK model and apply it to HF, which may not be a bad idea considering how KnK turned out.

63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

kingcity20 wrote:


It is a bit censored though, the classroom scene last week is supposed to be more messed up remember. The students just looked passed out, not how they seemed in the vn
They might fix that in the blu Rays tho


I wouldn't say so. Do you not remember Rider's body!? It showed a close up of her head snap and everything.


Also in the VN it states that the kids on the first floor where the ones that got screwed. I don't believe in the VN or anime they went down that far. It was only stated it, but they never saw the actual bodies. Pretty sure the anime adapted what was presented in the VN, the anime is not censoring at all thus far.


xCrimsonEX wrote:



I remember some animes being censored even when they were on at later times, so I have no clue how it works though still not as bad as the states censorship .

I think movie route just made more sense for them to aim for, just on a forethought level. And maybe they're hoping to actually use the KnK model and apply it to HF, which may not be a bad idea considering how KnK turned out.



It might have been the station they're airing on that made them censor it then. Different stations have different rules.

Also American cable is getting more laxed these days. Have you seen Walking Dead!? Blood galore. Skins US-version? Well it only lasted for one season, but it did air.

Also in the US, we have satellite TV with HBO, Starz, Encore, etc. In the satellite/subscription channels like HBO, they can full out and it's all good because they don't have to follow cable rules (but like I said cable is getting better). So we at least have outlets where we can get uncensored material. In Japan they have channels like that (AT-X), but I don't believe it's as extensive as our satellite services (could be wrong on that though).

I think we're getting to a time where censorship is becoming more and more less of a demand. These days, people tend to not like censorship. Older and more conservative generations are retiring and we have more progressive people becoming older and they don't mind or get offended by a lot of the things that people used to be offended by. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I believe we as people, are getting less and less sensitive to entertainment and in my opinion, I think that's a good thing.

I believe censorship will eventually become a lot of more lax as the years go on.
11800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14 , edited 12/5/14

It was never actually shown, just the way things were explained seemed more hellish. Maybe it was just how I interpreted it
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

kingcity20 wrote:


It was never actually shown, just the way things were explained seemed more hellish. Maybe it was just how I interpreted it


I get what you mean. It sounded bad, but if it wasn't shown in the VN then they wouldn't really have a reason to show it in the anime, if you're picking up what I'm putting down...
11800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


kingcity20 wrote:


It was never actually shown, just the way things were explained seemed more hellish. Maybe it was just how I interpreted it


I get what you mean. It sounded bad, but if it wasn't shown in the VN then they wouldn't really have a reason to show it in the anime, if you're picking up what I'm putting down...


True
Well maybe to build shirous character a bit more, since it was hellish and he wasn't fazed by it, it would give a clue to the kind of messed up stuff he saw in the fire. It would also show why rin was so distraught,(is that how you say it lol).

6393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 12/5/14


I guess I just remember a specific anime supposedly being aired later yet still having some censorship (I've forgotten what anime it was though so it was probably a few seasons ago).

Blood, violence, and swearing yeah, they've pulled back the censorship (though it still pops up in the weirdest spots in regards to swearing). Sex or nudity however is still hit with censorship. And ftr: I freaking love TWD xD though never seen Skins.

Specialty networks get to pretty much do whatever they want cause they're specialty.

Also you forgot one thing: there's the internet xD Try to stop someone from seeing x,y, or z they can just hop online and see it anyway, reminds me of why I love technology xD I think each generation does move further and further towards decensorship but certain things (Sex and nudity) have a much harder road to travel.
Posted 12/5/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


stark700 wrote:

What would be the suitable # of movies to cover Heaven's Feel route?


3-4 would be perfect. It doesn't have to be 7-8 like KnK.


That of course also depends on how long the movies are. I'd personally like three one hour lead up movies and a two hour finale, but I definitely think that we will need at least five hours to remotely establish and resolve all the stuff going on in Heavens Feel, I mean that route is packed. And they might even be adding

But all of this also depends on what kind of development they decide to do prematurely in the UBW Anime. The more stuff they set up there, the less they have to go into that in the movies. So let's see how this goes and how the characters get developed, especially Kirei and Ilya, and then we can make judgements about how long the movies need to be.


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

The UBW anime is not censored at all (I will say the content isn't as graphic as HF's, but it's still graphic nonetheless), but I bet that also has to do because it got a good air time and is airing on a lot of stations (possibly because it's popular as well). I bet Ufotable could pull off a Heaven's Feel anime with it still being graphic, but as a movie(s) they need don't have to worry about anything. They can go full out on graphic content with no fear of censoring, which as a viewer, is a comforting thing to know. I bet ufotable prefers movies anyways because of the freedom and the time they can put into stellar animation.


There is always a big difference between gore and sexual content though. Sex is always kind of a risque subject since it has an entirely different standing in society. Just consider this: Would you watch a bloody as hell Anime with a not very close friend of yours? Of course! Now how about an Anime with very explicit sex scenes? I don't think everybody will answer this in the same vein as the first question. Heavens Feel's sex scenes actually contribute to the story, in contrast to the other routes, so it is most definitely important to have them in there, but they are probably not going to be all that graphic. From what I've seen it seems to me like ufotable is trying to appeal to a rather mature audience. Forced censorship is not the only thing keeping studios from showing us graphical content. If they think that their focus group is not going to like it, they will censor it nonetheless. And I think that there are loads of people out there watching the Fate series right now that would not appreciate graphic sex scenes like there are in the Visual Novel. There is good reason why recent releases cut out most of them. So I expect hinted at sex but not anything too graphic.


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

I get what you mean. It sounded bad, but if it wasn't shown in the VN then they wouldn't really have a reason to show it in the anime, if you're picking up what I'm putting down...


Well, a Visual Novel shows us very little so that is not really a standard you should judge things on The Visual Novel definitely has Shirou looking at some students with melted faces, saying that they look "like a giant stomach", which is vastly different from what we got in the Anime, so you can definitely argue that there was some censorship going on here. Then again, I personally didn't mind that. I get my weekly dose of disgust from Psycho Pass 2, that's plenty for me.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 12/5/14

xCrimsonEX wrote:



I guess I just remember a specific anime supposedly being aired later yet still having some censorship (I've forgotten what anime it was though so it was probably a few seasons ago).

Blood, violence, and swearing yeah, they've pulled back the censorship (though it still pops up in the weirdest spots in regards to swearing). Sex or nudity however is still hit with censorship. And ftr: I freaking love TWD xD though never seen Skins.

Specialty networks get to pretty much do whatever they want cause they're specialty.

Also you forgot one thing: there's the internet xD Try to stop someone from seeing x,y, or z they can just hop online and see it anyway, reminds me of why I love technology xD I think each generation does move further and further towards decensorship but certain things (Sex and nudity) have a much harder road to travel.


Sex is the one thing that kind of ruins the fold.

I personally don't get what's so wrong about showing sex these days. First off, why is shooting someone's head off considered ok, but not nudity or a sex scene? I don't get it. So death, torture, limps flying off, blood splatters, etc. is ok, but sexual intercourse is somehow is like the forbidden fruit!? What the fuck?

Sex has been getting more prevalent in our culture so I think that too will get less censored. I mean, sex is everywhere really, for some of the more recent generations it's viewed as more casual and fun thing. It's not as hidden and personal like it was back in the day. Whether this is bad or not is a different debate, but like I said before people are becoming less sensitive to things like sex and violence. So again, I see sex getting less censored as well and I personally think it should.

And yes, the internet gives access to everything. Kids these days are now wired around technology, it's so hard to keep things way from kids. I think it's a parents' job to control what they watch or can see, I believe if there's a message at the beginning of a mature program saying that it contains graphic material then that should be enough. Why censor out the nudity or violence when the audience watching has already consented to watching this material? If you don't want kids watching certain channels or shows then block them. But like you said, kids will go on the internet and be exposed anyways, soooo.....


Okocha119 wrote:



1. I'm assuming each movie is like 1.5-2 hours long. I'd hope they could pull that off, If it was like that long for 3 movies it should be perfect. Though, three 1 hour movies wouldn't cut it however.

2. I agree with everything you said really, literally we're on the same page lol! That's why Heaven's Feel is best left for a movie so they can show graphic sex scenes, but if they really wanted to they could pull off the sex scenes in an anime form, it'd just have to be little less graphic. Btw, I'm not saying full blown hentai sex scene like in the VN. I just want to make that crystal clear because whenever I say I don't mind sex scenes in place in Fate/Stay Night people sometimes assume I want the VN sex scenes lmao!

Seriously for Heaven's Feel, it'd have to be is like 30 second-1:30 sex scene for each one with some nudity and it would be great. For UBW anime, 15-30 seconds of things going down with no explicit nudity such as nipples and whatnot, just maybe some moans flashes of positions, their faces, etc.

3. Also yes, if a studio is trying to appeal to a certain audience then they'll rework the material. Though, there's some series that benefit from mature content and I bet even fans in Japan would agree. Now, above I said to Crimson that I believe people in America are getting less sensitive to graphic material such as sex, but I don't know about the Japanese population. I would assume that they're going through a similar change to be less sensitive like Americans, but I don't know for sure.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.