First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Anime you expected to like but did not
Posted 7/29/14
Golden Time was one. I thought it was going to be all the best parts of Ef- A Tale of Memories combined with Toradora. Plus, when I found out it was set in college, my excitement went through the roof. I thought the show might be a new favorite of mine. Sadly, I didn't like it all that much. I was kind of disappointed.

Servant x Service was another. As a huge fan of Wagnaria and slice of life comedies in general, I thought this show would be right up my alley, but I found it somewhat boring and I didn't really like the characters. It had some good parts, but it's probably not a show that i'll ever watch again (which doesn't sound like much, but rewatch value is a huge part of why I like slice of life shows).
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/29/14
I was very disappointed in Gosick. :/
LokiLB 
41542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/14
Argevollen - I like Gundam and other mecha shows. It just didn't interest me and only one character was sort of interesting (the one commander dude who seemed to have an ounce of sense at the wall). I can deal with defending a wall in fantasy, but it just doesn't work in a scifi for me (why has no one bunker busted or nuked that thing?).

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Hey, a fighting shonen. I tend to like those. I didn't like the protagonist and the antagonist can go get gnawed on by Cerberus for eternity for kicking then burning a dog alive.

Nobunaga the fool - Mechs and alternate universe shenanigans going on? Sounds cool. It just didn't catch my attention and something about Joan of Arc of all people being a push over (maybe she gets better, I dropped it) just annoyed me greatly.

There are many anime that I like the premise of, but then they have more fanservice than plot. Demon King Daimao, Black Butler (I still sort of liked it because Sebastian is hilarious), Strike the Blood, etc.
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 7/29/14

LokiLB wrote:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Hey, a fighting shonen. I tend to like those. I didn't like the protagonist and the antagonist can go get gnawed on by Cerberus for eternity for kicking then burning a dog alive.


How many episodes did you make it through? Because if it's only like 1, then you have some work to do lol
22264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ???
Offline
Posted 7/29/14 , edited 7/29/14

seekerperson7 wrote:

Servant x Service was another. As a huge fan of Wagnaria and slice of life comedies in general, I thought this show would be right up my alley, but I found it somewhat boring and I didn't really like the characters. It had some good parts, but it's probably not a show that i'll ever watch again (which doesn't sound like much, but rewatch value is a huge part of why I like slice of life shows).


I totally agree.

Samurai Flamenco - Since this anime's directed by Takahiro Omori (Baccano!, Durarara) I was expecting an anime that's mixed with those 2 and Tiger and Bunny, but all I got is garbage, to tell you the truth I'm not Intrigued in the 1st few episodes, and ever since episode 7 and so forth, they've started taking the same route as Love Hina, the route of making random, unrealistic, nonsensical shit up as the story progresses that's where I lose hope and started hating it, the only thing going for it is it's 2nd opening theme.
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/14 , edited 7/29/14
Golden Time- It was just really annoying and I didn't like most of the characters.
SAO- Kinda just bored me....
Fate/Zero-The first episode was really interesting until in the second episode

Oh and wasn't there already a topic like this? I think I'm wrong....
LokiLB 
41542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/29/14

TrueGoober wrote:


LokiLB wrote:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Hey, a fighting shonen. I tend to like those. I didn't like the protagonist and the antagonist can go get gnawed on by Cerberus for eternity for kicking then burning a dog alive.


How many episodes did you make it through? Because if it's only like 1, then you have some work to do lol


I only watched the first episode. Nothing about it encouraged me to keep watching. Perhaps I'll watch some more if I get bored enough and have nothing better to watch.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 7/29/14

uncletim wrote:

SAO2 how very disappointing


Really?!!

I have been very hard on SAO Season 1 (OR as I referred to it Shitty Art Online)

But I must say season two is so far amazingly not bad. (Not saying greatest ever, but it is good and watchable so far)

Out of curiosity, what was so good about season1, that you find season 2 to be a disapointment

*Note: Remember Season one is BOTH fully completed arcs (yes the arc with the tentacle monster and fairy king). Season 2 is the GGO Story Gun Gale Online
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 7/29/14

LokiLB wrote:

I only watched the first episode. Nothing about it encouraged me to keep watching. Perhaps I'll watch some more if I get bored enough and have nothing better to watch.

Man, it's not even JoJo's at that point. You've gotta watch till like episode 3, not to mention the masterpiece that is episodes 10-26.

But then again, I like it way more than most people. Just my bias talking.
15064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Online
Posted 7/29/14
witchblade. i loved the comic, i love the japanese take on the supernatural. so why did i have to watch that epic fail of an anime...?
12010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/14
I had high hopes for GlassLip but so far it has just been nothing but boring. Also the muffled classical music playing in the background of every scene gets annoying.
10058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Boston, MA
Offline
Posted 7/29/14 , edited 7/29/14
Gundam SEED - I love most mech anime, and am a big fan of the Gundam series in general but I just did not like this one. I don't even know why. Even now if I were to watch it, I wouldn't like it and I wouldn't have the slightest idea as to why. I like Gundam SEED Destiny, which is the sequel to it, so there's that confusing tidbit.

Black Bullet - The preview looked cool. The show itself was disjointed and rushed. I finished it, and my lack of care about a second season is...well I just couldn't be bothered to watch it.

And currently, this season

Argevollen - I'm just not enjoying it.
Posted 7/29/14 , edited 7/30/14
Naruto- I know a lot of people like Naruto, but it's not really my type of show. The first episode was good though.

Argevollen- I dislike mecha anime, but the story sounded a little interesting.

Golden Time- Not the best romantic anime.

Love Live- Just not that great. It's pretty boring.
16761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/14 , edited 7/29/14

TrueGoober wrote:


LokiLB wrote:

I only watched the first episode. Nothing about it encouraged me to keep watching. Perhaps I'll watch some more if I get bored enough and have nothing better to watch.

Man, it's not even JoJo's at that point. You've gotta watch till like episode 3, not to mention the masterpiece that is episodes 10-26.

But then again, I like it way more than most people. Just my bias talking.


Exactly. The testosterone and the poses doesn't start till the 3rd ep.

Anyway,
C3-bu: (my reaction) An anime about airsoft? HOLY CRAP I MUST WATCH. Oh, its a moe sports anime? i mean, the action is good, and it has good detail on the guns and everything, so its cool. WTF did she cut her sanity along with her hair? Wow, this sucked, was all that existential episode Yura went through really necessary?
(so far, Sabagebu! is healing my wounds from that horror show.)

Rail Wars! - I was expecting Library Wars(which i really enjoyed) with a train station based setting, Instead, I got this fanservicey anime filled with cliches and a few facts about trains with an MC that both looks like and has about as much personality as Kirito from SAO.
17869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 7/29/14

eightcar wrote:


uncletim wrote:

SAO2 how very disappointing


Really?!!

I have been very hard on SAO Season 1 (OR as I referred to it Shitty Art Online)

But I must say season two is so far amazingly not bad. (Not saying greatest ever, but it is good and watchable so far)

Out of curiosity, what was so good about season1, that you find season 2 to be a disapointment

*Note: Remember Season one is BOTH fully completed arcs (yes the arc with the tentacle monster and fairy king). Season 2 is the GGO Story Gun Gale Online


The hype was that season 2 or SAO2 was going to be much better then the first and to be honest I found the first two esp. to be very dull. That is not to say I liked the first SAO I was very disappointed in that too. I feel Log Horizon is the anime SAO should have been it felt like being in a MMO GGO just doesn't feel like a FPS IMO

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.