First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Have you ever felt that there are some manga series that won't get an anime adaptation?
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 8/1/14
I've probably read a dozen or so different series that probably won't get an anime adaptation, or sense on the first page we were discrediting things that only got OVA's (since it seems we are talking full series here) there are quite a few that fall into this category as well.


Of course I have also read probably another half dozen series at least that I didn't expect to get one.


So I guess on one hand nothing is impossible.
But on the other hand I won't get my hopes up.

7678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/14
I'm almost positive that Koharu no Hibi is never getting an anime adaption.
Vokisa 
7733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/1/14
I doubt Hana-Kimi will ever get an anime adaptation. It's gotten several live action dramas made of it (in Japan, Korea, and other countries), but no anime in sight. I've been sad about it, since the manga is so great, and the dramas just aren't as good. I'd love to see anime made of it!
62497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 8/1/14

rpgothic wrote:

I would have loved to have seen an anime adaption of GirlFriends but Yuri titles don't get that many anime adaption and since the manga has been over for a while now I doubt an anime studio would do it now, it's a shame as it's one of the best Yuri titles ever in my opinion


Sadly, I agree that Girl Friends isn't likely to ever see an anime adaptation, despite richly deserving it, and being short enough to do it justice in a season. (Though two cours would be better.)


IndistinctCredence wrote:


Ryuouka wrote:


IndistinctCredence wrote:

Sadly, I don't think Nozoki Ana will ever get an anime adaptation. I enjoyed the story, but it's just too close to being a hentai (some might even call it a hentai) to ever get an adaptation. I guess all I can do is read its sequel series.


Nozoki ana actually has a hentai of 4 episodes i think x)


I could only find two episodes, but I don't really think a short OVA series counts.


I don't agree. It got an anime adaptation. Simple as that. It wasn't a full season, but it got one. Otherwise I would put Nana to Kaoru on this list, but it also got an OVA. (And a couple of live action movies.)

One that I really wish would get an adaptation, but is very unlikely to is SAYONARA PIANO SONATA. Sure, the manga adaptation only covers the first light novel, but it still has a manga. However, even the author realizes that it will be unlikely to ever be made into anime. Why? Because of music copyright issues. The story uses many US and Brittish pop songs in it, and they aren't songs that can be replaced with something generic in order to tell the story via anime. The songs are crucial to the plot. (Like The Beatles' Blackbird. That song is
and is involved in some of the most moving parts of the story. You can't replace it with a song written for the show and have it be as meaningful. The song rights would cost a fortune, so nobody is going to get the green light to do it, no matter how good the story is.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/2/14

Vokisa wrote:

I doubt Hana-Kimi will ever get an anime adaptation. It's gotten several live action dramas made of it (in Japan, Korea, and other countries), but no anime in sight. I've been sad about it, since the manga is so great, and the dramas just aren't as good. I'd love to see anime made of it!


Sounds familiar.
20102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/2/14
Another manga I can add would be BLUE DROP - TENSHI NO BOKURA.

The main reason why it probably never get animated is due to it's very story. The main character's (male) best friend (also male) is turned into girl against his will by the Arume (an all female alien race that conquered the Earth) and is forced to get impregnated by his friend (protagonist). Before any one asks no this not a hentai.

The story is pretty good, but the concept of it tends to be an automatic turn off for a lot of people.

I'll add in Alice in Hell too. A very dark after the end of civilization story involving a young boy named Shuu who is only great at killing people from a distance with a sniper rifle, and uses a female doll (android) named Alice who's sole propose in life was to lure in bandits. Shuu ends up joining a large group (made up of other midsized groups). It probably won't get animated due to all the violence and occasional acts of perversion that happen regardless of a character's age.
Vokisa 
7733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/2/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


Vokisa wrote:

I doubt Hana-Kimi will ever get an anime adaptation. It's gotten several live action dramas made of it (in Japan, Korea, and other countries), but no anime in sight. I've been sad about it, since the manga is so great, and the dramas just aren't as good. I'd love to see anime made of it!


Sounds familiar.


It's about a girl who joins an all-boys school to try and meet her favorite high jumper. Ends up with him being her roommate and stuff. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite manga of all time.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/14
Kangoku Gakuen
215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/2/14
I don't think Mx0 will ever get an anime adaptation...

Also for some reason, I don't think Cage of Eden will get an anime adaptation either. I think someone mentioned that in this thread already though.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 8/2/14 , edited 8/2/14
Most Yaoi manga.

42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/2/14

Vokisa wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


Vokisa wrote:

I doubt Hana-Kimi will ever get an anime adaptation. It's gotten several live action dramas made of it (in Japan, Korea, and other countries), but no anime in sight. I've been sad about it, since the manga is so great, and the dramas just aren't as good. I'd love to see anime made of it!


Sounds familiar.


It's about a girl who joins an all-boys school to try and meet her favorite high jumper. Ends up with him being her roommate and stuff. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite manga of all time.


I remember now.
Mark58 
57118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / central Florida
Offline
Posted 8/2/14
Ever read "Franken Fran"? I'll bet that never becomes an anime.
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 8/2/14

OwlJolson88 wrote:

Alive: The Final Evolution was supposed to get an anime adaptation but was cancelled. I don't think it will ever get one now :(


I was quite sad about this too >_<
Would have been an interesting anime because the manga actually has an end.

On this subject matter, why I think the real question is why aren't there more animes that are based on a source material that actually ends? They keep adapting these ongoing series that end up being a huge dicktease when the anime ends and everyone realizes that whatever the anime is based on is still on-going.

Where's my Shin Angyo Onshi anime? Psyren? Watashi no Messiah-sama? Alive? Hoshi no Samidare? Well... I guess having a series unique to one medium makes those particular series unique. Sometimes I just want to see the static pictures and words come to life in animation though.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/2/14

Involution wrote:


OwlJolson88 wrote:

Alive: The Final Evolution was supposed to get an anime adaptation but was cancelled. I don't think it will ever get one now :(


I was quite sad about this too >_<
Would have been an interesting anime because the manga actually has an end.

On this subject matter, why I think the real question is why aren't there more animes that are based on a source material that actually ends? They keep adapting these ongoing series that end up being a huge dicktease when the anime ends and everyone realizes that whatever the anime is based on is still on-going.

Where's my Shin Angyo Onshi anime? Psyren? Watashi no Messiah-sama? Alive? Hoshi no Samidare? Well... I guess having a series unique to one medium makes those particular series unique. Sometimes I just want to see the static pictures and words come to life in animation though.



I actually have Psyren on my list of manga to read.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/2/14 , edited 8/2/14

Mark58 wrote:

Ever read "Franken Fran"? I'll bet that never becomes an anime.



Exactly. If it does, I will fear for it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.