First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Mentally Ill Protagonists
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/31/14
Boku no pico if filled with mentally ill characters
Posted 7/31/14

Raimu4 wrote:

Boku no pico if filled with mentally ill characters


Liking sex is not an illness. Actually, if you tell me that you don't like sex I'd think you have some mental disorder going on.


Johan from Monster clearly has a messed up mind.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/31/14

kirika202 wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:

Boku no pico if filled with mentally ill characters


Liking sex is not an illness. Actually, if you tell me that you don't like sex I'd think you have some mental disorder going on.


Johan from Monster clearly has a messed up mind.


Guys wearing dresses f-ing other guys in the ass sound mentally ill to me.
698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/14
I have had a few diagnoses myself. I have some characters whose behaviors resemble actual disorders. Whether this is intentional on the part of the creator or not I can't speak to. I have seen quite a few that obviously have something on the diagnosable end of the ADD spectrum. I have also seen some that appear to have a type of emotional expression disconnect that is reminiscent of Asperger's.

The data suggests that there are a very high number of people in the US that have mental disorders that would qualify as needing care or assistance that are undiagnosed. Compare that to the number of diagnosed cases and you quickly realize that this way more common than people think. This means that simple basing characters off people you know in life is likely to result in characters inspired by someone with a mental illness.

I would suggest though that normal thought processing is not always adaptive or helpful. The idea that every diagnosable condition is only bad is in my opinion false. You trade one set of negatives and positives for another. Sometimes the trade is heavier on the negatives, but not always.
Posted 8/1/14 , edited 8/1/14


Silly me. I completely forgot that people with a dinosaur mentality exist, like you.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 8/1/14

kirika202 wrote:



Silly me. I completely forgot that people with a dinosaur mentality exist, like you.


Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/14

Raimu4 wrote:

Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


You might. Everybody can get AIDS. Hetersexual, homosexual, pansexual, bisexual.....that's the great thing about AIDS. It shares with everyone equally.
19123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 8/1/14

Phersu wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:

Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


You might. Everybody can get AIDS. Hetersexual, homosexual, pansexual, bisexual.....that's the great thing about AIDS. It shares with everyone equally.


Except that shut-in NEETs are pretty safe from it
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/14 , edited 8/1/14

Uskon wrote:

Except that shut-in NEETs are pretty safe from it


The man making your delivery pizza has AIDS, and is unaware of it. He accidentally cuts himself while slicing some of the condiments, a drop of his blood contaminating your pizza. The cut is small enough that he doesn't realize he hurt himself, and continues on. This pizza makes its way to your home, where you eat it. AIDS can be transferred by blood.

Have fun eating delivery pizza.
19123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 8/1/14 , edited 8/1/14

Phersu wrote:


Uskon wrote:

Except that shut-in NEETs are pretty safe from it


The man making your delivery pizza has AIDS, and is unaware of it. He accidentally cuts himself while slicing some of the condiments, a drop of his blood contaminating your pizza. The cut is small enough that he doesn't realize he hurt himself, and continues on. This pizza makes its way to your home, where you eat it. AIDS can be transferred by blood.

Have fun eating delivery pizza.


We're living in a dangerous world. To think that you can't even trust your pizza.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 8/1/14

Phersu wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:

Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


You might. Everybody can get AIDS. Hetersexual, homosexual, pansexual, bisexual.....that's the great thing about AIDS. It shares with everyone equally.


19123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 8/1/14

Raimu4 wrote:


Phersu wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:

Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


You might. Everybody can get AIDS. Hetersexual, homosexual, pansexual, bisexual.....that's the great thing about AIDS. It shares with everyone equally.




And here we were all about to move on already

Rather than a matter of the genders of the participants, I'd wager it's a matter of protection.
Now, if I would be so bold, I'd say you're mistaken about the actual *cause* of the whole thing.
85 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/5/14
6981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Bottom of the...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
I guess people in here forgot about Welcome to NHK
This anime is mainly about mental disorders.
62171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
There is a difference between being mentally ill and having mental quirks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.