First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Mentally Ill Protagonists
62171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

Raimu4 wrote:


kirika202 wrote:



Silly me. I completely forgot that people with a dinosaur mentality exist, like you.


Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


What year do we live in again? Is it 2014 or 1914?
20894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14 , edited 11/5/14

Phersu wrote:

I've realized something. A lot of visual novel protagonists have undiagnosed mental health issues. Shirou Emiya has a Savior Complex, Kazami Yuuji has severe PTSD and low self worth, Rintaro Okabe is paranoid....I could go on. But is it just visual novel protagonists that seem to have serious, undiagnosed mental health problems?

Just to further prove my point, I, the protagonist of this entire world, am insane. I also have ADD. Clearly I'm right.

Discuss.



List of Mentally Ill Characters -

Kazami Yuuji : Severe PTSD and low self worth that stems from it. PTSD stems from childhood trauma.

Rintaro Okabe : Paranoid, delusional, narcissistic. Common symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder, as well as others.

Shirou Emiya : Savior Complex and possibly PTSD, due to childhood trauma.

Shinji Ikari : Overwhelming depression.

Lucy : Really need me to explain this one?

Most people from Higurashi. Heck, any of 07th Expansion characters.

Yuno Gasai.

All Yanderes.


Hey bro Now that you are on this topic Mental Issues, can you tell by chance whenever or not in this story: Sakura-sō no Petto na Kanojo the co-protagonist Mashiro Shiina have Asperger syndrome or any other kind of autism?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

IngramIV wrote:

Hey bro Now that you are on this topic Mental Issues, can you tell by chance whenever or not in this story: Sakura-sō no Petto na Kanojo the co-protagonist Mashiro Shiina have Asperger syndrome or any other kind of autism?


Quite likely, yes, that she does.
26718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 11/5/14
Abraham Lincoln had Bipolar I heard.
1327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

SpiritWolf15 wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:


kirika202 wrote:



Silly me. I completely forgot that people with a dinosaur mentality exist, like you.


Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


What year do we live in again? Is it 2014 or 1914?


2014, we have computers now.

62171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

Raimu4 wrote:


SpiritWolf15 wrote:


Raimu4 wrote:


kirika202 wrote:



Silly me. I completely forgot that people with a dinosaur mentality exist, like you.


Atleast i wont die of aids before the age of 30.


What year do we live in again? Is it 2014 or 1914?


2014, we have computers now.



I sometimes find it hard to believe that we live in 2014 when views and comments like yours still exist in the world.

20321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The null void
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

Phersu wrote:



Rintaro Okabe : Paranoid, delusional, narcissistic. Common symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder, as well as others.


did you even watch the anime??? lol, all very wrong
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

damonthegreat wrote:

did you even watch the anime??? lol, all very wrong


Did you even play the visual novel?
51241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

Phersu wrote:

Yuno Gasai.

All Yanderes.


What's wrong with Yuno?



Light Yagami had a serious case of narcissistic personality disorder. Also, he was a sociopath.

Everyone in Pet Girl had something wrong with them.

3/5 of the Gundam pilots from Gundam Wing were anti-social. 2 of them might've had depression... the other 2/5 were seemingly normal.
7829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/5/14

Phersu wrote:


IngramIV wrote:

Hey bro Now that you are on this topic Mental Issues, can you tell by chance whenever or not in this story: Sakura-sō no Petto na Kanojo the co-protagonist Mashiro Shiina have Asperger syndrome or any other kind of autism?


Quite likely, yes, that she does.


I agree she pretty obviously has some form of Autism.

Mizore (Rosario + Vampire) is an admitted stalker with severe social anxiety issues and frequent depression.

Sasha the Deadly One (Qwaser of Stigmata) shows strong, understandable signs of PTSD. Katja is a psychopath. OTOH, they're the picture of sanity and kindness compared to the Disciples. Seriously, other than Lizzie all qwasers are really messed up.

1090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Wow that is very sharp, is this based off pure knowledge or research?
22267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/6/14
Welcome to the N.H.K. is a good example. Tajuujinkaku Tantei Psycho is a manga that features a protagonist with multiple personality disorder. There's honestly a lot of anime and manga that have protagonists who deal with mental conditions.

There's one particular manga that I just can't think of the name of, but it's filled with Psychological related drama and it really just fucks with you.
234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / seattle
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
Can you please also quote the anime the character is from as well.
Chaos head & Welcome to NHK nuff said
107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Rondeau
Offline
Posted 11/18/14
lain from SEL obviously has some kind of mental illness, maybe something with identity?
Posted 11/18/14 , edited 11/18/14
Yes, I think we should prescribe them drugs.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.