First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply God vs. science
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/3/08
Facts change. and how will the scientists know? they havent set foot on any of the planets. lol...

science is a speculation of man.

man are full of flaws.

laws change

so do man

and until you accept those facts.

you will never know the real truth.

God is never changing.

God is time.

and a mind that is small.

will never believe in someone like that

because they rely too much on SOMEONEs theories wc they didnt do themselves.

which is kind of ironic, because they think they know too much about everything.

not knowing that even if those thories are proved.

in time it will still change.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/3/08

Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Explain how the orbits were formed. also, explain how the planets being formed avoid astroids big enough to destroy the growing planet, knock them off the orbit, or stop the axis rotation (stopping gravity altogether).

The Big bang was the 'beginning' of evolution. If this is proven false, there is no point to go any further.

By the way, I don't take all the Bible as literal. I just took that one verse as literal. I never mentioned any other verse besides that one. Some are literal, others are not.
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08

clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Explain how the orbits were formed. also, explain how the planets being formed avoid astroids big enough to destroy the growing planet, knock them off the orbit, or stop the axis rotation (stopping gravity altogether).

The Big bang was the 'beginning' of evolution. If this is proven false, there is no point to go any further.

By the way, I don't take all the Bible as literal. I just took that one verse as literal. I never mentioned any other verse besides that one. Some are literal, others are not.


Just how old are you!? Once again you show your ignorance: gravity is not caused because objects spin, research it!!!! If the earth stopped spinning tomorrow, the gravity would remain exactly the same! Every particle has a gravitational pull which is directly proportionate to its mass. Therefore something like the earth has a large pull and the moon which has round 1/6 of earths mass has 1/6 of earths gravity to go with it. Also there were many asteroids that hit earth, huge ones in fact, and you do realise that the asteroid belt in our solar system came from a destroyed planet? Also large objects (like the moon) tend to form where they are in a stable orbit. Sod it I can't be assed to explain this to you. Just research it and you will realise just how wrong you are. You don't need me to tell you. And to be honest you shouldn't take any of the bible as god's literal instructions, it has been heavily modified to suit various powerful leaders over the centuries as a means of controlling their people. (for example the Roman emperors, this is historical fact and once again you can look it up if you don't believe me) And no I want you to tell me why evolution cannot be true please, just assume the big bang is right, you can at least pretend you have common sense can't you?
Member
8059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / floating....away....
Offline
Posted 2/3/08 , edited 4/18/08
lol... people are so funny... they claim things and think as if they discovered things themselves...

facts change. but i guess.... they are too preoccupied in the present....

not knowing that there is a possibility that tomorrow or many years after....

another thing is discovered...and the PAST FACT is considered wrong.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/4/08 , edited 4/18/08
Rather than say the Bible is literal, or not, it's more of a multiplicity of meanings. The Holy Spirit teaches you meaning upon meaning over time.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/5/08 , edited 4/18/08

Stickmania wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Explain how the orbits were formed. also, explain how the planets being formed avoid astroids big enough to destroy the growing planet, knock them off the orbit, or stop the axis rotation (stopping gravity altogether).

The Big bang was the 'beginning' of evolution. If this is proven false, there is no point to go any further.

By the way, I don't take all the Bible as literal. I just took that one verse as literal. I never mentioned any other verse besides that one. Some are literal, others are not.


Just how old are you!? Once again you show your ignorance: gravity is not caused because objects spin, research it!!!! If the earth stopped spinning tomorrow, the gravity would remain exactly the same! Every particle has a gravitational pull which is directly proportionate to its mass. Therefore something like the earth has a large pull and the moon which has round 1/6 of earths mass has 1/6 of earths gravity to go with it. Also there were many asteroids that hit earth, huge ones in fact, and you do realise that the asteroid belt in our solar system came from a destroyed planet? Also large objects (like the moon) tend to form where they are in a stable orbit. Sod it I can't be assed to explain this to you. Just research it and you will realise just how wrong you are. You don't need me to tell you. And to be honest you shouldn't take any of the bible as god's literal instructions, it has been heavily modified to suit various powerful leaders over the centuries as a means of controlling their people. (for example the Roman emperors, this is historical fact and once again you can look it up if you don't believe me) And no I want you to tell me why evolution cannot be true please, just assume the big bang is right, you can at least pretend you have common sense can't you?


Alright, Alright. You got me on that point. I didn't realize the earth's mass caused gravity. It does make forming planets possible. Now, answer me on how the orbits could be formed after the big bang occurred.
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Explain how the orbits were formed. also, explain how the planets being formed avoid astroids big enough to destroy the growing planet, knock them off the orbit, or stop the axis rotation (stopping gravity altogether).

The Big bang was the 'beginning' of evolution. If this is proven false, there is no point to go any further.

By the way, I don't take all the Bible as literal. I just took that one verse as literal. I never mentioned any other verse besides that one. Some are literal, others are not.


Just how old are you!? Once again you show your ignorance: gravity is not caused because objects spin, research it!!!! If the earth stopped spinning tomorrow, the gravity would remain exactly the same! Every particle has a gravitational pull which is directly proportionate to its mass. Therefore something like the earth has a large pull and the moon which has round 1/6 of earths mass has 1/6 of earths gravity to go with it. Also there were many asteroids that hit earth, huge ones in fact, and you do realise that the asteroid belt in our solar system came from a destroyed planet? Also large objects (like the moon) tend to form where they are in a stable orbit. Sod it I can't be assed to explain this to you. Just research it and you will realise just how wrong you are. You don't need me to tell you. And to be honest you shouldn't take any of the bible as god's literal instructions, it has been heavily modified to suit various powerful leaders over the centuries as a means of controlling their people. (for example the Roman emperors, this is historical fact and once again you can look it up if you don't believe me) And no I want you to tell me why evolution cannot be true please, just assume the big bang is right, you can at least pretend you have common sense can't you?


Alright, Alright. You got me on that point. I didn't realize the earth's mass caused gravity. It does make forming planets possible. Now, answer me on how the orbits could be formed after the big bang occurred.


Look, before you even try to talk to me about this subject GO AND LEARN THE FACTS YOURSELF. You have just been bullshitting so far. Maybe if you had any idea what you were talking about we would be getting somewhere. Do you really know the contents of the bible by the way, or is that just bullshitting too?
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
^ Do you claim to be extremely knowledgeable about the Bible too? Because the case is you're an atheist, who has visited a Christian group with attempts to bash those you think can be bashed. Why are you questioning our knowledge about science and secular things in our spot of land which is clearly not scientific OR secular?

It's like coming over to your neighbour's house at night and telling the father 'Hey, I overheard the story that you were telling your kids. It's wrong, ok!?' We don't go over to scientific groups to tell them that they're wrong, and question their knowledge about the Bible. It doesn't even make sense. Whereas science is a tool to learn more about God's wonders, man's knowledge lags behind God's creations. Till now, you're still talking about God's earth, moon and gravity, which had been created with a spoken word.

'Somewhere', would be where exactly? For as far as I know, our places are in Christ, by the Father's right hand, and that's exactly where we are, and I don't want to move, period. The only times I move are from faith to faith, and more faith is what I'm getting over these period of time I've started knowing him.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

Stickmania wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Explain how the orbits were formed. also, explain how the planets being formed avoid astroids big enough to destroy the growing planet, knock them off the orbit, or stop the axis rotation (stopping gravity altogether).

The Big bang was the 'beginning' of evolution. If this is proven false, there is no point to go any further.

By the way, I don't take all the Bible as literal. I just took that one verse as literal. I never mentioned any other verse besides that one. Some are literal, others are not.


Alright, Alright. You got me on that point. I didn't realize the earth's mass caused gravity. It does make forming planets possible. Now, answer me on how the orbits could be formed after the big bang occurred.


Look, before you even try to talk to me about this subject GO AND LEARN THE FACTS YOURSELF. You have just been bullshitting so far. Maybe if you had any idea what you were talking about we would be getting somewhere. Do you really know the contents of the bible by the way, or is that just bullshitting too?


Don't get cocky just because you caught me in a mistake. I don't know about you, but I'm human and can get the facts wrong from time to time. You still haven't answered my question. Answer it.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Alright, Alright. You got me on that point. I didn't realize the earth's mass caused gravity. It does make forming planets possible. Now, answer me on how the orbits could be formed after the big bang occurred.

Gravity. Orbits are formed by the gravity of one thing acting on another. We rotate around the sun because the materials which formed the Earth were close and the Earth is trapped by the suns gravity. Quite simple.


Gravity is very tricky. If an orbit is wrong by just the slightest bit, it will either cause a decaying orbit, or an orbit which will get ever bigger. There is a small chance that any stable orbits will form in the universe, let alone the 9 in our solar system.

A new point is that the big bang relies on materials that exploded from ionized gas, or something like that. I ask you all a new question, where did the materials come from, and what caused the original Big Bang? The Big Bang fails to explain from where the materials came from, and it is a theory designed to tell the origins of the universe.

The universe has galaxies and clusters of galaxies everywhere. Some are close and some are far away. They are on every side of us. They seem to be distributed throughout the universe but in an uneven manner. Now, this isn't logical for a common point birth.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
Maybe these are bad examples, but Scientists have to plan for months to put a satellite into orbit to prevent it from destablilizing. Sometimes, they have to send Astronauts back into orbit to readjust the orbit. If we cannot put an object into a stable orbit for, lets say 50 years, how can an orbit formed by accident stay in position for millinia. Also, take a look at black holes. Black Holes in and of themselves defy the Big Bang theory. The mass of the Big bang was huge, millions of times more dense than a normal black hole. Nothing escapes from a black hole, not even light.

A supernova has an escape velocity less than the speed of light. Therefore, light is emitted from a supernova and matter is blasted away at a velocity greater than the escape velocity. A black hole has greater mass than a supernova. Light and matter cannot escape from a black hole because the velocity required to escape the large gravitational field is greater than the speed of light, but light and matter cannot travel greater than the speed of light. A black hole cannot explode for this reason. All matter and light that is drawn into a black hole will remain there forever.
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Ha ha well dude you have your scientific facts, to put it simply, wrong. The planets formed due to the laws of physics (particles drawn together by a force named GRAVITY, you may have heard of it) We know how stars are born, go and properly research it. And comparing the parts of the universe to a puzzle is just moronic (im not saying this cos you are a christian but because of what you said) cos a puzzle only fits one way. There is no set rule to how the universe had to form so in fact the chances that it took one form or another are certain. There are trillions and trillions of ways this universe could have ended up not just one like you are stupidly saying. And by the way you have failed to prove to me why evolution is impossible at all. Also you seem to take the bible completely literally which even 90% of christians acknowledge it is unwise to do. I suggest you stop.


Explain how the orbits were formed. also, explain how the planets being formed avoid astroids big enough to destroy the growing planet, knock them off the orbit, or stop the axis rotation (stopping gravity altogether).

The Big bang was the 'beginning' of evolution. If this is proven false, there is no point to go any further.

By the way, I don't take all the Bible as literal. I just took that one verse as literal. I never mentioned any other verse besides that one. Some are literal, others are not.


Alright, Alright. You got me on that point. I didn't realize the earth's mass caused gravity. It does make forming planets possible. Now, answer me on how the orbits could be formed after the big bang occurred.


Look, before you even try to talk to me about this subject GO AND LEARN THE FACTS YOURSELF. You have just been bullshitting so far. Maybe if you had any idea what you were talking about we would be getting somewhere. Do you really know the contents of the bible by the way, or is that just bullshitting too?


Don't get cocky just because you caught me in a mistake. I don't know about you, but I'm human and can get the facts wrong from time to time. You still haven't answered my question. Answer it.


Yeah i couldn't be bothered to explain it to a moron, I felt you should learn to research things for yourself. Just so you know it is almost certain that there will be things in a stable orbit around a planet, it happens naturally and is not a freak chance like you seem to think. As I have said before go and research it. Oh and you haven't answered my question about why evolution is impossible, please do. Just make sure you don't get your facts wrong AGAIN.
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

Stickmania wrote:

Yeah i couldn't be bothered to explain it to a moron, I felt you should learn to research things for yourself. Just so you know it is almost certain that there will be things in a stable orbit around a planet, it happens naturally and is not a freak chance like you seem to think. As I have said before go and research it. Oh and you haven't answered my question about why evolution is impossible, please do. Just make sure you don't get your facts wrong AGAIN. :D


Things don't 'just' happen, especially in Science. Things happen because they are the result of something. You can't explain how the orbits are formed, can you? Otherwise you should have answered the question by now. Let me put it this way, explain it to everyone else besides me.
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:

Yeah i couldn't be bothered to explain it to a moron, I felt you should learn to research things for yourself. Just so you know it is almost certain that there will be things in a stable orbit around a planet, it happens naturally and is not a freak chance like you seem to think. As I have said before go and research it. Oh and you haven't answered my question about why evolution is impossible, please do. Just make sure you don't get your facts wrong AGAIN. :D


Things don't 'just' happen, especially in Science. Things happen because they are the result of something. You can't explain how the orbits are formed, can you? Otherwise you should have answered the question by now. Let me put it this way, explain it to everyone else besides me.


RESEARCH IT!!!!! For Christs sake are you that dumb!? I know how this works, YOU don't. To be honest though, it doesn't matter if you believe I know or not because even if I didn't know I have the entire internet to find out so I could tell you anyway. Yet you have failed to realise that I do not want to tell you, I want YOU to learn to fill in the gaps in your own knowledge so you can save yourself from your own ignorance moron. Oh and I note that you are STILL avoiding answering my question about why you think evolution is impossible. Personally I think that means that your answer will probably end up being more bullshit so you are attempting to ignore it and hope it goes away. Please tell me, after all you stated catagorically that evolution was impossible. Therefore you MUST have proof, right?

Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 2/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
Do you all need a locked thread to THINK BEFORE YOU ARGUE?

Hey! This is about God and science, it's not about Science and God. Where is the priority? It's not disproving Science, it's not disproving God. Oh for goodness sake, can't you even see where this is going? This is looking just like another secular thread outside, bringing up another God thread for the purposes to tear apart.

Christians, where is your understanding? Why have you joined ranks and started quarreling? These people argue because they have a case to. Yours is finished and done. All you have to do is to rest in His peace. Did God not say Seek first his Kingdom? Why are you seeking his creation? You mighty well know that going on is probably not going to go anywhere unless you use the wisdom God has given you.

Atheists have laid traps upon traps and there you go running after them. Do you trust their knowledge more than God's? Do you trust in your own understanding more than God's? Do you seek reprove from non-belivers more than God's? By stepping down to join with the blind, how can you guide them?

I'll start deleting posts if flaming you people just want to flame. I respect God, therefore I will make sure his place of worship is kept in order.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.