First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
New to the "Fate" series. where do i start?
8048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/14

waverat81 wrote:


purpleflyingspacecow wrote:

Is it really worth watching fate/zero first thing? Will I miss out on many unexpected events and such?


Most of the surprises will be ruined for you.

Here's the thing, chronologically Fate/Zero comes before Fate/Stay Night, but it wasn't written that way. Fate/Zero is meant to fill in the back story after finishing Fate/Stay Night.

People hate on the Studio Deen version of Fate/Stay Night, but essentially it serves its purpose. If you skip it like many suggest you'll miss out on the arc of the story it tells. There are some elements that don't belong, but I think it's decent enough.

Then watch Fate/Zero.


Most are telling me to watch fate/zero and wait for the remake of fate/ stay night. Should I just go and do that then?
28579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Online
Posted 8/4/14

purpleflyingspacecow wrote:


waverat81 wrote:


purpleflyingspacecow wrote:

Is it really worth watching fate/zero first thing? Will I miss out on many unexpected events and such?


Most of the surprises will be ruined for you.

Here's the thing, chronologically Fate/Zero comes before Fate/Stay Night, but it wasn't written that way. Fate/Zero is meant to fill in the back story after finishing Fate/Stay Night.

People hate on the Studio Deen version of Fate/Stay Night, but essentially it serves its purpose. If you skip it like many suggest you'll miss out on the arc of the story it tells. There are some elements that don't belong, but I think it's decent enough.

Then watch Fate/Zero.


Most are telling me to watch fate/zero and wait for the remake of fate/ stay night. Should I just go and do that then?


If you've never read the visual novel, I'd say watch the Studio Deen version of Fate/Stay Night, then Fate/Zero. Then you can either wait for the remakes or watch the Unlimited Bladeworks movie in the mean time.

8048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/14 , edited 8/4/14

waverat81 wrote:


purpleflyingspacecow wrote:


waverat81 wrote:


purpleflyingspacecow wrote:

Is it really worth watching fate/zero first thing? Will I miss out on many unexpected events and such?


Most of the surprises will be ruined for you.

Here's the thing, chronologically Fate/Zero comes before Fate/Stay Night, but it wasn't written that way. Fate/Zero is meant to fill in the back story after finishing Fate/Stay Night.

People hate on the Studio Deen version of Fate/Stay Night, but essentially it serves its purpose. If you skip it like many suggest you'll miss out on the arc of the story it tells. There are some elements that don't belong, but I think it's decent enough.

Then watch Fate/Zero.


Most are telling me to watch fate/zero and wait for the remake of fate/ stay night. Should I just go and do that then?


If you've never read the visual novel, I'd say watch the Studio Deen version of Fate/Stay Night, then Fate/Zero. Then you can either wait for the remakes or watch the Unlimited Bladeworks movie in the mean time.



Alright, I'll give Fate/Stay Night a go. I read that it wasn't very good compared to fate/zero.
28579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Online
Posted 8/4/14
The tone is different. Fate/Zero is "darker".
8048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/14

waverat81 wrote:

The tone is different. Fate/Zero is "darker".


hmm alright. I liked the way they Fate/Zero looked. Fate/Stay Nights animation and such don't look too good so far (only a few minutes in)

Anyways wish me luck, I am excited to be watching this series! Thanks for all the help
28579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Hawaii-Wisconsin
Online
Posted 8/4/14

purpleflyingspacecow wrote:


waverat81 wrote:

The tone is different. Fate/Zero is "darker".


hmm alright. I liked the way they Fate/Zero looked. Fate/Stay Nights animation and such don't look too good so far (only a few minutes in)

Anyways wish me luck, I am excited to be watching this series! Thanks for all the help :)


Well Ufotable is pretty hard to beat when it comes to their animation quality.
One Punch Mod
85956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 8/4/14

purpleflyingspacecow wrote:

Hi guys, i recently have taken an interest in the fate series. There seems to be a few of them. which one do i start on first?


Hi. Glad to see you got the answers you needed. I'm closing this now because individual personal help/advice threads aren't allowed in the discussion forums. For similar questions in the future, please post in The Anime Help Thread (it's "stickied" near the top of the Anime forum).
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.