First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply What is your favorite(s) RPG?
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/14 , edited 8/5/14
The World Ends With You. The battle system, the soundtrack, the powers, the story, gathering all of the reports in the after game, it was all just a blast to go through. Beginning the game with Twister feat. Sawa for the intro song, ending with Lullaby For You, it was just magical.

Other RPGs I enjoyed a lot, even if I only played through them maybe once or never beaten:
Persona 3 FES and Portable
Chrono Trigger
Tales of Symphonia, Vesperia, Graces f and Xillia
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, Path of Radiance and Awakening
Final Fantasy 7, 9, and Crystal Chronicles
Eternal Sonata
63870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 8/5/14
It always has been the Final Fantasy series, but many other RPGs by Square Enix are ones that I enjoy playing.
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
Oh wow. Final Fantasy VII was My entire Childhood. I literally put in YEARS playing it; EVERY Characters stats were 255 including Aeris. All items, side quests, and all else You can think of was accomplished. Literally, without bragging, I think that I know more about it than the Creator! Sakaguchi-sama, I apologize for My brazen speech!

But Yeah...Final Fantasy VI, through X-2 were ALL conquered along the same lines of Final Fantasy VII. The Series will probably be One of those thoughts drifting about in My head while I lay on My deathbed. Sounds wondrous. <3
Fyk0 
21917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Winland
Offline
Posted 8/6/14 , edited 8/6/14
Final Fantasy series until 11 and after, and also Mass Effect series if they count. And modded Skyrim.
35021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/6/14 , edited 8/6/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oh wow. Final Fantasy VII was My entire Childhood. I literally put in YEARS playing it; EVERY Characters stats were 255 including Aeris. All items, side quests, and all else You can think of was accomplished. Literally, without bragging, I think that I know more about it than the Creator! Sakaguchi-sama, I apologize for My brazen speech!

But Yeah...Final Fantasy VI, through X-2 were ALL conquered along the same lines of Final Fantasy VII. The Series will probably be One of those thoughts drifting about in My head while I lay on My deathbed. Sounds wondrous. <3


I suspect you spent more than a few days hanging around the sunken Gelnika and the Gonganga reactor just picking up sources to boost your stats, then? If you boosted Aeris to 255, that means you spent quite a long time morphing triceratops tanks into power sources.
27417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / right here
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
Suikoden II and Chrono Trigger
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

BlueOni wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Oh wow. Final Fantasy VII was My entire Childhood. I literally put in YEARS playing it; EVERY Characters stats were 255 including Aeris. All items, side quests, and all else You can think of was accomplished. Literally, without bragging, I think that I know more about it than the Creator! Sakaguchi-sama, I apologize for My brazen speech!

But Yeah...Final Fantasy VI, through X-2 were ALL conquered along the same lines of Final Fantasy VII. The Series will probably be One of those thoughts drifting about in My head while I lay on My deathbed. Sounds wondrous. <3


I suspect you spent more than a few days hanging around the sunken Gelnika and the Gonganga reactor just picking up sources to boost your stats, then? If you boosted Aeris to 255, that means you spent quite a long time morphing triceratops tanks into power sources.


MAN! I cannot get a SINGLE INKLING of ANYTHING by You! And the fact that You too, seem the "Final Fantasy" connoisseur, that makes You all the more freaking CRAZY AWESOME. You, My Friend just won the ENTIRE Internet.
35021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

MAN! I cannot get a SINGLE INKLING of ANYTHING by You! And the fact that You too, seem the "Final Fantasy" connoisseur, that makes You all the more freaking CRAZY AWESOME. You, My Friend just won the ENTIRE Internet.




Fun Fact: If you use W-Summon and Quadra Magic in combination with the Mime materia against Ruby Weapon, first summoning Hades and then summoning Knights of Round, the monster will be helpless and you'll have doled out the roughly 1.25 million HP in damage to kill it within 15-20 minutes (maybe a bit more accounting for the time the animation takes to replay). I just happened to notice that the "stop" status effect affects Ruby one day, and when Ruby is under "stop" it can't use Ultima to counterattack against Knights of Round.

Your materia combinations should be:

Quadra Magic === Hades
W-Summon ==== Anything or Nothing
Knights of Round ==== Anything or Nothing
Mime ==== Anything or Nothing

Sadly, the quadruple summon effect works with neither Bahamut ZERO or Knights of Round, so there's no point in assigning that materia to either of those materia. And since Knights of Round packs the greater punch per summon, it's the preferred choice. Also, don't forget to equip a Mystile for the off chance that Ruby pops off a random Ultima, and don't forget to kill two of your three party members to avoid that damned "Whirlsand" attack. Effect is best if you keep the character with the highest "Magic" stat so as to guarantee a 9,999 per strike for Knights of Round, so keep plenty of Magic Plus materia handy. If you want even further insurance, add this materia combo to the list:

Final Attack ==== Phoenix

How many internets is that worth?
72836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

BlueOni wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

MAN! I cannot get a SINGLE INKLING of ANYTHING by You! And the fact that You too, seem the "Final Fantasy" connoisseur, that makes You all the more freaking CRAZY AWESOME. You, My Friend just won the ENTIRE Internet.




Fun Fact: If you use W-Summon and Quadra Magic in combination with the Mime materia against Ruby Weapon, first summoning Hades and then summoning Knights of Round, the monster will be helpless and you'll have doled out the roughly 1.25 million HP in damage to kill it within 15-20 minutes (maybe a bit more accounting for the time the animation takes to replay). I just happened to notice that the "stop" status effect affects Ruby one day, and when Ruby is under "stop" it can't use Ultima to counterattack against Knights of Round.

Your materia combinations should be:

Quadra Magic === Hades
W-Summon ==== Anything or Nothing
Knights of Round ==== Anything or Nothing
Mime ==== Anything or Nothing

Sadly, the quadruple summon effect works with neither Bahamut ZERO or Knights of Round, so there's no point in assigning that materia to either of those materia. And since Knights of Round packs the greater punch per summon, it's the preferred choice. Also, don't forget to equip a Mystile for the off chance that Ruby pops off a random Ultima, and don't forget to kill two of your three party members to avoid that damned "Whirlsand" attack. Effect is best if you keep the character with the highest "Magic" stat so as to guarantee a 9,999 per strike for Knights of Round, so keep plenty of Magic Plus materia handy. If you want even further insurance, add this materia combo to the list:

Final Attack ==== Phoenix

How many internets is that worth?


Hmmmm...Concerning Ruby Weapon, maybe...FOR ONCE!...I know something that You may not have thought of. As soon as the freaking Battle begins, cast "Hades: Black Cauldron" summon. A huge weakness of Ruby that many may not know of, is that it is fallible to "Stop"!....CRAP!!!! I JUST READ ALL OF YOUR POST AND DARNIT, IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY ON TOP OF THINGS ONCE AGAIN! Darn, Lady...If there's ever a Debate or quiz simply answering random things, I WANT YOU ON MY TEAM! Dang. And here I thought I had FINALLY gotten One over on Yah....
35021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Hmmmm...Concerning Ruby Weapon, maybe...FOR ONCE!...I know something that You may not have thought of. As soon as the freaking Battle begins, cast "Hades: Black Cauldron" summon. A huge weakness of Ruby that many may not know of, is that it is fallible to "Stop"!....CRAP!!!! I JUST READ ALL OF YOUR POST AND DARNIT, IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY ON TOP OF THINGS ONCE AGAIN! Darn, Lady...If there's ever a Debate or quiz simply answering random things, I WANT YOU ON MY TEAM! Dang. And here I thought I had FINALLY gotten One over on Yah....


Rather than concentrating on that, let's instead concentrate on the fact that we both deeply love one of the greatest installments in the Final Fantasy franchise. To that end, we'll focus less on the facts (which it seems we both already know) and instead on the subjective things. For example, who was your favorite protagonist? What was your favorite scene? Which song from the OST did you love best? Or what was your favorite location? Great subjects for discussion, any and all.
24914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/6/14 , edited 8/6/14
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits is my all time favorite.

This character right here is the main reason why:


After that though I'd have to go with Tales of Vesperia / Abyss and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot to include Legend of Dragoon as well :O
22500 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 9 and Legend of Legaia.
795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Pico Rivera, CA
Offline
Posted 8/6/14 , edited 8/6/14

reapernight wrote:

Suikoden II and Chrono Trigger


Hell yes I love the Suikoden series, very deep childhood memories. Final Fantasy all the way as well (VIII was the first I played as a demo) but Final Fantasy X.....so many memories will always be connected to that game.

Don't get me started on FF VII, I only began playing that in 2010 and HAHA I loved finding that Source glitch. Kingdom Hearts isn't a fullblooded rpg but it shined over my childhood too. I don't own consoles anymore but you know....that's okay. It makes those sweet memories even better. :)

EDIT: Chrono Cross (brings tears to me eyes now) and Legend of Dragoon...why did the 90's have to leave!
10072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/14
Pokemon's an RPG, isn't it.
Also played Fortune Summoners and loved it. Have not played Final Fantasy, I guess I'm more of an indie gamer.
795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Pico Rivera, CA
Offline
Posted 8/6/14

timothyc131 wrote:

Pokemon's an RPG, isn't it.
Also played Fortune Summoners and loved it. Have not played Final Fantasy, I guess I'm more of an indie gamer.


Pokemon is definitely RPG in my book. played many of the colors/gameboy versions as a kid. Still have a DS with Platinum on it.

One may not call Castlevania: Symphony of The Night an RPG (mainly because it's not lol) but I'll mention it anyway since I love it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.