First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
What age did you get your drivers license?
42866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Memphis, TN
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14
Check out the group Older Anime Lovers Unite. (Oh, and good luck with the renewal--it's normally a pain over here.)
Posted 8/12/14
When I was 16
11851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
17
1221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
Gonna be 18 soon and I have yet to get my permit. Too darn lazy for dat.
20009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
in a painting
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
I got mine when I was 16, but I know quite a lot of people who don't have their driver's license yet, and they're 21-22 now. I also remember seeing many older people learning to drive when I took driving lessons.

Despite getting my license early, I don't enjoy driving. I only drive when I have to
24700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / No
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
18. I couldn't be bothered to take a segment two so I just waited until I was 18 and got it easily. Think I drove around 10 minutes in a subdivision, going 25mph, parked into a space.... and boom! Passed.
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14
I'm going to get mine when im sixteen. I'm fourteen now so yah
Sogno- 
45726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
permit at 15, license at 17. Also didn't get a cell phone until I was 17.
1716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

DesuMaiden wrote:


Realtaliation wrote:

18. Not as liberating as people make it out to be, although it spares one from the time consumption and agony of public transit.

I never had any motivation to keep driving after I was 19 because I could just use the bus to get to anywhere in town. Plus, I could just bike to whereever I wanted in down. I just biked or took the bus to the university I went to.



Public transit must exhibit punctuality where you are from. Over here it is crowded, uncomfortable, and untimely. Biking would be just as effective as a car and more so cost cutting, but... admittedly I don't know how to ride one... pathetic I know. Although, in Los Angeles traffic, biking carries the risk of becoming a roadside crêpe.
Posted 8/12/14
Took drivers training when I was 14 had a permit but didn't get my license till I was 18
9791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

Realtaliation wrote:


DesuMaiden wrote:


Realtaliation wrote:

18. Not as liberating as people make it out to be, although it spares one from the time consumption and agony of public transit.

I never had any motivation to keep driving after I was 19 because I could just use the bus to get to anywhere in town. Plus, I could just bike to whereever I wanted in down. I just biked or took the bus to the university I went to.



Public transit must exhibit punctuality where you are from. Over here it is crowded, uncomfortable, and untimely. Biking would be just as effective as a car and more so cost cutting, but... admittedly I don't know how to ride one... pathetic I know. Although, in Los Angeles traffic, biking carries the risk of becoming a roadside crêpe.


Well, that makes two then...I don't know how to ride a bike either

Posted 8/12/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Scared of driving. So...still don't have it and I'm 27. I really need to force myself to get over it though and get it done.


I work with someone that is so scared of driving but it's because she was in so many accidents as a passenger. She finally got her license this year she's 36 c: Driving isn't so bad as long as your a defensive driver ^-^
Posted 8/12/14

XXpoisonivyXX wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Scared of driving. So...still don't have it and I'm 27. I really need to force myself to get over it though and get it done.


I work with someone that is so scared of driving but it's because she was in so many accidents as a passenger. She finally got her license this year she's 36 c: Driving isn't so bad as long as your a defensive driver ^-^


I've been in many accidents as a passenger so that is part of it for me as well but also people are just idiots. Even if I don't mess up I have seen so many others just not even care about anyone else and nearly run into others and even our car. It's ridiculous. Then they just sit there and shrug when you point out what they did or get angry and act like you did something wrong. -_- Or they fly out of their driveways automatically expecting it to be clear. Or they run through 4 way stop intersections just because we actually bothered to stop at our sign. I don't trust them.
21857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Edolas
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
17, i was one of the last people in my grade to get one. Literally all the seniors drove to school my last year of high school.
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


XXpoisonivyXX wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Scared of driving. So...still don't have it and I'm 27. I really need to force myself to get over it though and get it done.


I work with someone that is so scared of driving but it's because she was in so many accidents as a passenger. She finally got her license this year she's 36 c: Driving isn't so bad as long as your a defensive driver ^-^


I've been in many accidents as a passenger so that is part of it for me as well but also people are just idiots. Even if I don't mess up I have seen so many others just not even care about anyone else and nearly run into others and even our car. It's ridiculous. Then they just sit there and shrug when you point out what they did or get angry and act like you did something wrong. -_- Or they fly out of their driveways automatically expecting it to be clear. Or they run through 4 way stop intersections just because we actually bothered to stop at our sign. I don't trust them.


Yea I see your point I don't trust anyone either it's like some people got their license of the back of a cereal box...... they need some serious driver's training.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.