First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
What age did you get your drivers license?
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 8/12/14

XXpoisonivyXX wrote:


justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Scared of driving. So...still don't have it and I'm 27. I really need to force myself to get over it though and get it done.


I work with someone that is so scared of driving but it's because she was in so many accidents as a passenger. She finally got her license this year she's 36 c: Driving isn't so bad as long as your a defensive driver ^-^


Not that driving is hard, but losing attention easily and being distracted make it hard.
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14
I got mine at 22, on the first try though.

I got the only nice examiner at the dmv, Research the dmv's in your town first. Some may have a bad reputation. AVOID bad dmvs, I watched so many people fail and the examiners were constantly bragging about how few people they passed.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/13/14
18. I drive a Honda Civic... if that means anything.
Posted 8/12/14


For the most part it's easy if people pay attention to others and their driving as well as themselves but when it rains in my state it cause people to drive slow and crazy.. yes SLOW and crazy lol not fast and crazy.... makes me not want to drive around with others while it rains

19563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14
23, still no license. Going for my test in two weeks. You're not alone, insurance for males under 25 is a rip off in my part of the country, I figure if I have gone this long without a car might as well drag it out a bit longer for cheaper insurance rates; besides I'm a traveling English teacher I don't have much use for a car. My brother's paying like $300 a month, no thanks.
9791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/14

kevz_210 wrote:

23, still no license. Going for my test in two weeks. You're not alone, insurance for males under 25 is a rip off in my part of the country, I figure if I have gone this long without a car might as well drag it out a bit longer for cheaper insurance rates; besides I'm a traveling English teacher I don't have much use for a car. My brother's paying like $300 a month, no thanks.


300 bucks a month? O.O
19563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

Sgt_Phantomizer wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

23, still no license. Going for my test in two weeks. You're not alone, insurance for males under 25 is a rip off in my part of the country, I figure if I have gone this long without a car might as well drag it out a bit longer for cheaper insurance rates; besides I'm a traveling English teacher I don't have much use for a car. My brother's paying like $300 a month, no thanks.


300 bucks a month? O.O


Living in the Greater NYC area sucks for car insurance, I've been told my county has one of the highest rates in the country, lucky me
9791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/14

kevz_210 wrote:


Sgt_Phantomizer wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

23, still no license. Going for my test in two weeks. You're not alone, insurance for males under 25 is a rip off in my part of the country, I figure if I have gone this long without a car might as well drag it out a bit longer for cheaper insurance rates; besides I'm a traveling English teacher I don't have much use for a car. My brother's paying like $300 a month, no thanks.


300 bucks a month? O.O


Living in the Greater NYC area sucks for car insurance, I've been told my county has one of the highest rates in the country, lucky me :(


Now I'm kinda scared about inquiring about car insurance when I get a car soonish, I wasn't expecting it to come cheap, but damn...
65120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / None ya business.
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14
*19....doesn't have one....*

1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
17,and remember,don't text and drive.No message is worth your life

5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14
Got mine at 15.... was driving at 14 with a permit.
I was living in North Dakota.... fewer people to run over if you screw up...



A lot of the people that I met after I moved to Seattle didn't get their licenses until they were 17 or even 18...

Insurance was hella-expensive... $365 for 6 months just for liability insurance..... 34 years ago.

My two vehicles with my renters insurance is about $82 a month for full coverage now days.

If you are inclined and people are aware of "riders" you might consider a motorcycle or even one of the better scooters. (The scooters I've seen lately haul ass.... *shocking*) Good insurance is still kind of cheap but you need to learn WAR-ZONE defensive driving .
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/12/14
I'm only 14, but I'm already having my vehicle down-payed. A beautiful sleek, black Lexus.
19563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 8/12/14 , edited 8/12/14

Sgt_Phantomizer wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:


Sgt_Phantomizer wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

23, still no license. Going for my test in two weeks. You're not alone, insurance for males under 25 is a rip off in my part of the country, I figure if I have gone this long without a car might as well drag it out a bit longer for cheaper insurance rates; besides I'm a traveling English teacher I don't have much use for a car. My brother's paying like $300 a month, no thanks.


300 bucks a month? O.O


Living in the Greater NYC area sucks for car insurance, I've been told my county has one of the highest rates in the country, lucky me :(


Now I'm kinda scared about inquiring about car insurance when I get a car soonish, I wasn't expecting it to come cheap, but damn...


Depends on area, and shop around. Most places are reasonable and you can easily find something for far less. Just don't plan on moving to the north east The thing is car insurance usually starts quite a bit more and drops off a lot after a few years.
17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 8/13/14
18. I failed the drivers test twice because I wung it all 3 times. Never took drivers training class. Just the written and road test. Minor details which made me fail twice. Both of which don't REALLY apply to everyday driving.
15180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/13/14
16, the guy I did the test with said he could have failed me for doing a rolling stop at a stop sign. Pfft, I stopped.... a lil.....
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.