First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply CNN depicts anime and manga as "Child Pornography"
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/20/14
So, I was watching ForneverWorld on Youtube,and I happen to come across one of his videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDecxr8GAjw .He talks about how ,CNN a national news network,is depicting anime as ,"Child Pornography".He has links to articles and videos in his descriptions so you should check it out.When I clicked on the links and read and heard what CNN has said about anime,I was just pissed .Anime fans have it bad enough with all the stereotypes,and now a supposedly mature news station is giving anime an even worse reputation.

Here is a link to the CNN article: http://tinyurl.com/ncrhtuw
Here is a link to the CNN video: http://tinyurl.com/ovnpeg5

Guys,tell me what you think bellow.How do you feel when something you love is being criticized.How do you feel when an ignorant reporter says unfair and untrue things about anime and manga.The worst part about this,is that this was on CNN,which means thousands (maybe even milloins ) of people saw that report,and probably have an even worse opinion on anime.*sigh*
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 5/10/15
Heard about this some time ago. I honestly don't care. Their beliefs on what anime and manga are don't influence how I feel about it so I don't really see any point in getting upset over it. People can think whatever they want about me when they find out I enjoy anime and manga. If they think negative things then I will just smile and go on about my day knowing I just avoided another ignorant person that wasn't worth my time anyway.
cosham 
17063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 12/25/14
Slow news day I take it.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/16/14
CNN, ABC News, FOX News and many other American news shows are complete hogwash. Nobody in the right mind actually takes what they're saying seriously, and I'm glad they're saying this. It'll help us find and ignore the stupid people who watch them.
35286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / http://myanimelis...
Offline
Posted 8/13/14
Old news, stupid news.
Don't give a damn about what they think, or what society's thoughts become. As long as the bastards don't make it illegal like they want to, that's all I need.

On another note, that manga's cover looks pretty damn adorably epic.
*searches for title*
29860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/13/14
I wouldn't take anything they say seriously, heck, who watches the news anymore, anyways?
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/28/14

ayesharocks wrote:

I wouldn't take anything they say seriously, heck, who watches the news anymore, anyways?


I don't take anything from main stream media seriously anymore.
8830 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/16/14
this doesn't really matter, it sucks yes, but it's not like this is going to have any real consequences whatsoever. Especially not because the reporter did also mention a lot of anime is fine and good. So yeah, it was biased and bad and terrible, but someone who really would want to know more (someone important, for example...) would still go and look up more information anyway.

As proof, consider that this happened 2 months ago (about 19th of June!) and we haven't ever heard anything about it again. XD Which also means you're late to the party. Nothing came from this, best we can do is forget CNN did that and go on with life. It never even became a discussion and has already been forgotten after all. Best to keep it that way ;-)

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of the anime/manga I like BTW. It keeps live worry-free! It's always a good laugh to see peoples complain about moe and fanservice for certain 'reasons' (I am not gonna use swear-words on the forum so I will keep it at that XD) on sites like ANN, especially the professional critics and such, and then go to a con and see the same shows loved by about 95% of anime fans in existence. And yet they keep trying to convince people fanservice and harem such is bad. LOL! It not working! (and never going to XD)

This also: nothing came from out, everyone forgot already, best to ignore it :3
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 12/31/14
Well firstly, CNN is just like any other news site or network. Ever since Walter Cronkite left, the news industry has been a complete joke. In my opinion, the stuff they show on TV is wayyyyyy worse than anything manga or anime can create. For example, the news is run off the feeding frenzy violence creates, where something horrific happens and they replay it over and over again.

As for child sex abuse, I personally want to eviscerate any rapist, pedophile, or sexual offender with my own hands. Rape and abuse is disgusting no matter how you slice it, and anyone who participates in these should be executed. No questions about it.




Anime and manga is sometimes pushing the limits though. I can't in good conscience sit here and say "I've never seen a kid be sexualized in anime/manga". It's happened. Let's just admit it.


But the thing is, they're generalizing an entire form of entertainment off certain things. Disney Channel and Nick flaunt 12 years in skin tight clothing, and even younger! They're not sexualizing children though? Anime/manga is not intended for pedophilia, it's intended for varying ages and audiences.

My point is CNN is, as always, misinformed. Again. What a surprise.
29860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/13/14

DesuMaiden wrote:


ayesharocks wrote:

I wouldn't take anything they say seriously, heck, who watches the news anymore, anyways?


I don't take anything from main stream media seriously anymore.


I just close all that out and watch anime or read manga or play a visual novel or just sleep.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/13/14

eragon2890 wrote:

this doesn't really matter, it sucks yes, but it's not like this is going to have any real consequences whatsoever. Especially not because the reporter did also mention a lot of anime is fine and good. So yeah, it was biased and bad and terrible, but someone who really would want to know more (someone important, for example...) would still go and look up more information anyway.

As proof, consider that this happened 2 months ago (about 19th of June!) and we haven't ever heard anything about it again. XD Which also means you're late to the party. Nothing came from this, best we can do is forget CNN did that and go on with life. It never even became a discussion and has already been forgotten after all. Best to keep it that way ;-)

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of the anime/manga I like BTW. It keeps live worry-free! It's always a good laugh to see peoples complain about moe and fanservice for certain 'reasons' (I am not gonna use swear-words on the forum so I will keep it at that XD) on sites like ANN, especially the professional critics and such, and then go to a con and see the same shows loved by about 95% of anime fans in existence. And yet they keep trying to convince people fanservice and harem such is bad. LOL! It not working! (and never going to XD)

This also: nothing came from out, everyone forgot already, best to ignore it :3


ha true
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/23/14
lol they actually edited the manga's cover through censorship to make it seem as if a sexual act was being committed.
i have a friend who has the actual manga shown.

Its done by the same guy who writes Corpse Party i believe. It has nothing to do with porn
48176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / the great canadia...
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/13/14
I mean. People DO make hentai from characters that are technically 14 years old.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14

AzazelOfNexium wrote:

lol they actually edited the manga's cover through censorship to make it seem as if a sexual act was being committed.
i have a friend who has the actual manga shown.

Its done by the same guy who writes Corpse Party i believe. It has nothing to do with porn :P


I know right .My sister used to read that manga.That's when I knew the news article was total BS.
2444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/13/14
I think we need the anime gods to strike down these stupid news stations.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.