First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply CNN depicts anime and manga as "Child Pornography"
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/13/14
I know all the weebos are going to rush out so...

You know, even in Japan there are issues like this, and it has consistently been brought up. Lol.

And lets be honest, some of it IS. I mean, shotacon? Lolicon? Mangas where little kids have hardcore boom boom. Yup. Now those totally fit the description and moreso. And even outside those genres; more and more often in today's modern series, there's a subtle allusion to these things (sometimes not so subtle)!

Anyone who thinks loli's/shotas are okay for instance, are basically saying they like anime characters drawn as prepubescent children, and sexualized as well. Even if the character is an adult, they're still being drawn as prepubesent kids - the sting is taken away only because they're "of age"....But come on. We know what the implications are in actuality.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Bebop
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14

MrHalligan wrote:

I mean. People DO make hentai from characters that are technically 14 years old.


I think that because the age of consent in Japan is 13 years old.
1264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/14
Sweet Quackers! At 50 seconds into the CNN YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXkCFqNrDas
the guy was on this porn website http://www.xnxx.com/c/Anime-41
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 8/13/14
They just don't get it.
47176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / the great canadia...
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14

rohaun wrote:


MrHalligan wrote:

I mean. People DO make hentai from characters that are technically 14 years old.


I think that because the age of consent in Japan is 13 years old.


But it isn't here and it's available online to anyone capable. Anyway that wasn't the point, there truly wasn't even a point, was just pointing out how they could see anime would be misconstrued as child porn.
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/13/14

AiYumega wrote:

Anime/manga is not intended for pedophilia, it's intended for varying ages and audiences.


Some anime and manga IS intended for pedophila. Shotacon/lolicon mangas are EXPLICIT and show extremely graphic sex between an adult and child. There are even OVA's that feature this. Boku no Pico anyone?

These things have been an issue in Japan for some time now, and have been discussed there as well (and other countries!).

Even loli animes have characters drawn like prepubescent sexualized children - even if the characters are adult. That's not normal and it IS done for a reason many a time.



637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14
By American terms, most of the animated boobies on the screen are under 18, which could be classified as child porn in the technical sense.
A lack of lower genitalia in them is based on Japan's rules and regulations.
While I can only presume the graphical context of a true child porn video; anime and manga, shy of hentai, is probably tame in comparison.
Now, bringing up hentai, there are probably many out there that could count as a form of child porn, and if sold in the U.S. probably should have been sorted out on a case by case basis. Of course it's easy to dub it to have the characters say that they're of a legal age, even if they clearly would not be.
I also believe since it's in an animated form, it's been thus far defended as being a form of art, hence the flashing of tits doesn't count towards endangering children.

In the grand scheme, if they wanted to count it as child porn, just by owning Evangelion, there are probably many people who would be on the sex offender list. Hell, an uncut Dragon Ball episode where Goku or Gohan as kids have their little weenie out could be counted.
The newer stuff has been less skinamax intensive relying on gravity and physics defying bouncy clothed boobs.

Slow news day, prudes worried about morals and junk.
Don't like living in the land of the free? Move somewhere else, tired of people trying to take things away from everyone.
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/13/14
We live in a world where celebrities (our idols) can get away with anything with a slap on the wrist then being labeled as victims because of their fame , like desumaiden said I don't take anything from main stream serious anymore. Ahem HOWEVER that lolicon fetish is still a NO NO in my book and should be in everyone elses just saying its not healthy.
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14

Some anime and manga IS intended for pedophila. Shotacon/lolicon mangas are EXPLICIT and show extremely graphic sex between an adult and child. There are even OVA's that feature this. Boku no Pico anyone?


I am aware of that, but anime and manga is not solely created for that purpose. Crunchyroll is not a porn site, which is what it would be if EVERY SINGLE anime or manga ever created was created with that intention. Porn is made for sexual preferences. If people want to take the original, alter it, and make it sexual, that's THEIR choice! We didn't originally create that.

I'm not condoning it in the slightest. I think it's the most abominable crime there is, even worse than murder. BUT CNN IS MAKING IT SEEM LIKE WE ALL WANT LITTLE KIDS!!




Just saying.
41690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/13/14

Exactly. I would also like to add that it's a great way for the news network to make money Since apparently real news isn't bringing in the money nowadays they have to resort to misrepresenting people groups and what color boxers Adam Sandler is wearing. It's not news anymore it's just celeb gossip and attacking something popular because the news reporters want money. And if any real news comes out they will milk the story to death. For example whenever there is a mass shooting, while it's incredibly sad and tragic the news will milk it going as far as to almost glorifying the shooter.
I wouldn't worry to much about this because I like to think people are smart enough to think for themselves and not be feed everything tv tells them. And if they do well that's their problem.
23583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14

MrHalligan wrote:

I mean. People DO make hentai from characters that are technically 14 years old.

Drawings of fictional characters aren't really people though. If they were just created, they're technically even younger. I think it's a bit inaccurate to say that fictional work is the same as real-life (not that you did).

A pornographic manga involving a character stated to be underage isn't really child pornography (that is, it involves no real children), in my book at least. If I'm honest, I don't see a point in persecuting people for interests that don't actually harm anyone. A drawing of a child like character (ignoring that anime characters don't look exactly like real people) doesn't actually hurt anyone. If a child is abused to make the drawings then that's a crime in itself so there's no real need to make fictional drawings illegal.

As for the main topic, reporting false, bias and unfair news should really be stopped but at least anyone that is fooled isn't likely to be able to do much about it.
18904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/13/14

Ctonhunter wrote:


Exactly. I would also like to add that it's a great way for the news network to make money Since apparently real news isn't bringing in the money nowadays they have to resort to misrepresenting people groups and what color boxers Adam Sandler is wearing. It's not news anymore it's just celeb gossip and attacking something popular because the news reporters want money. And if any real news comes out they will milk the story to death. For example whenever there is a mass shooting, while it's incredibly sad and tragic the news will milk it going as far as to almost glorifying the shooter.
I wouldn't worry to much about this because I like to think people are smart enough to think for themselves and not be feed everything tv tells them. And if they do well that's their problem.


Well said
20192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Heroes Associ...
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14


Before anyone bashes your intelligent comment.

I highly agree with your point.

I personally do not agree with eroge manga that features characters below a certain age. and before people believe that i am fighting for the rights of fictional children. It is considered, in the general populace to be a disturbing factor of those eroge centered manga's. The problem stems from the fact that we are technically creating fictional child porn material that is being sold to the public.

While everyone has their own rights to privacy. It is still an extremely taboo subject. Just recently, japan has FINALLY outlawed pedophilia. Which leads the rest of the world to believe, lolicon and shotacon manga are an excuse to still supply child porn to the twisted individuals out there in the world, who fancy young boys and girls.

To be honest, it does shine a very poor light on the anime industry as a whole. As most, non anime fans lack the ability to differentiate between "hentai" and "anime".

However, i do not agree with fabricated slur campaigns geared towards spreading propaganda about a media source that they have no knowledge of.

I also do not agree with the fabrication of statistics that "support the belief this child pornography manga causes people to become pedophiles". Which is a massive lie, that really needs to be eradicated from this topic.

However, i do believe, the sexualization of children in manga, needs to be toned down quite a bit. As someone who has a younger sister, it disturbs me that their are people who get turned on to children around the same age (Real or not).
47176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / the great canadia...
Offline
Posted 8/13/14

Smeelia wrote:


MrHalligan wrote:

I mean. People DO make hentai from characters that are technically 14 years old.

Drawings of fictional characters aren't really people though. If they were just created, they're technically even younger. I think it's a bit inaccurate to say that fictional work is the same as real-life (not that you did).

A pornographic manga involving a character stated to be underage isn't really child pornography (that is, it involves no real children), in my book at least. If I'm honest, I don't see a point in persecuting people for interests that don't actually harm anyone. A drawing of a child like character (ignoring that anime characters don't look exactly like real people) doesn't actually hurt anyone. If a child is abused to make the drawings then that's a crime in itself so there's no real need to make fictional drawings illegal.

As for the main topic, reporting false, bias and unfair news should really be stopped but at least anyone that is fooled isn't likely to be able to do much about it.


As long as you know that that is not what I intended to say.

This was probably a day without much news so this topic was pitched, and clearly they don't care what they say, I was just making a point that some people might misinterpret Anime as porn because there is Hentai, and as we all know a lot of Hentai/Anime characters are children. It's Japan. It's "weird".

Also people who would know absolutely nothing about the subject assume Hentai is everything and all Anime in the world.
21710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA / MO
Offline
Posted 8/13/14 , edited 8/14/14
its just the news being stupid. for one they dont understand that these shows and books are made in a completely different country with a different culture. does it make me mad not really but it is a little annoying that cnn is ignorant enough to basically bash another culture's form of entertainment and what has become a popular form of media in the united states.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.