Post Reply Account Upgrade Error
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14 , edited 8/16/14
Hello, last night, which is 8/15/14, I tried to buy a Crunchyroll Premium Anime MonthlyAccount. I usually buy all my subscription through the iPad Crunchyroll App. Last night, when I launch Crunchyroll, an error saying "Account Upgrade Error" and something about the receipt. I don't know why this has happen. I can't even buy it on my iPhone. But last night, when I tried to but it multiple time, it says I'm already subscribed so I went and see if I can watch the latest Naruto episode. It doesn't let me, it says I need upgrade when I'm already an anime member. Plus, when I check my purchase, I was charged when I didn't even get my subscription. Someone please help. I have all the evidence. I tried contacting Crunchyroll but they hasn't reply to my email yet so I though I should post this on forum. So someone, please help.
58680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

NoobAdelphos wrote:

Hello, last night, which is 8/15/14, I tried to buy a Crunchyroll Premium Anime MonthlyAccount. I usually buy all my subscription through the iPad Crunchyroll App. Last night, when I launch Crunchyroll, an error saying "Account Upgrade Error" and something about the receipt. I don't know why this has happen. I can't even buy it on my iPhone. But last night, when I tried to but it multiple time, it says I'm already subscribed so I went and see if I can watch the latest Naruto episode. It doesn't let me, it says I need upgrade when I'm already an anime member. Plus, when I check my purchase, I was charged when I didn't even get my subscription. Someone please help. I have all the evidence. I tried contacting Crunchyroll but they hasn't reply to my email yet so I though I should post this on forum. So someone, please help.


It sounds like you subscribed through iTunes, in which case, you'll have to contact Apple Support for assistance, as CR's customer support has no access to those billing systems.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14 , edited 8/16/14
I talked to Apple but they don't help much. They said I have to talk to Crunchyroll. I just don't understand why it keeps saying Account Upgrade Error whenever I launch the app. Even re-downloading doesn't work.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14
Even now, my status says that I am a premium member but I can't view anything that a premium member can. Like, I can't watch the katest episode if any anime, I can't do anything.
The Wise Wizard
100949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 8/16/14 , edited 8/16/14

NoobAdelphos wrote:

Even now, my status says that I am a premium member but I can't view anything that a premium member can. Like, I can't watch the katest episode if any anime, I can't do anything.

What do you see on this page?:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct/?action=status

5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14
Membership Status

Membership Type: Anime Member
Recurring: Yes
Payment Method: iTunes App Store
Billing Rate: $6.99 monthly
Billing Cycle: 31 Days
Next Billing Date: Sep 4, 2014

^^^^^
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14
Can a staff or administrator help please?
58680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

NoobAdelphos wrote:

Can a staff or administrator help please?


Again, all billing questions have to be answered through email, just in case they need to confirm any of your billing information.

If you've already submitted this issue using the /contact form, and haven't heard anything from customer support yet, you'll likely have to wait until Monday for a response due to the weekend.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/14

eyeofpain wrote:


NoobAdelphos wrote:

Can a staff or administrator help please?


Again, all billing questions have to be answered through email, just in case they need to confirm any of your billing information.

If you've already submitted this issue using the /contact form, and haven't heard anything from customer support yet, you'll likely have to wait until Monday for a response due to the weekend.


Ok thanks
You must be logged in to post.